CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    "Richard"
    thanks I think I will stick with 14 clubs because its not like I'm going to sell the two wedges, they would just sit in the basement so might as well be in my bag

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    I honestly think that will all the wedge options out there now that some of us forget to be more creative with our shots. Try playing a round with just your PW in the bag and see what happens.
    In order to execute creative shots you need to practice them. That's hard to do when you are playing a round. It is fun to try stuff in the short game area at the range though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Bottom line, use all your clubs to your advantage. That means know what you can and can not do with every iron in your bag. A wise old Pro once told me that years ago.
    Good advice. People use their clubs differently. Now that I've picked up a lob wedge I technically have 4 wedges - though I really only consider myself having 3. I use the PW for full shots only (sort of like a 10 iron), while my 52* gap wedge is my standard short game club (i.e., the equivalent to your 48* PW). I use the SW in bunkers and rough only. Still learning the LW but have found a couple of shots with it. It'll probably alternate in the bag with a fairway wood depending on the course.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by shankenstein
    Just my opinion, but I'd get rid of the gap and lob wedges.
    I used to carry 4 wedges (p,s,g & l), but found that I lost alot of feel around the greens by always having a club that allowed for the given distance, rather than making speed adjustments and developing better feel.
    Using a flop shot with an opened up sand wedge pretty much eliminates the need for the lob anyway.
    I saw great improvement in my game when I only had the P and S to work with and it forced me to get used to one club around the green and know it's capabilities and limitations.

I had a big distance problem when I switched to the belly putter as well, but after a little practice it was an easy transition. I don't see myself going back to a conventional putter anytime soon.
    Yeah but the gap wedge comes in useful for the yardage distance beween the pw and sw, usually 48deg-56deg so it's good to have something in between. I agree that the lob wedge was useless to me and I traded it in for my gap wedge. I use my SW everywhere around the greens, but fot those shots where my PW would be too much and SW not enough that's where the GW comes in.

"Richard"
    In terms of value, does it make sense to keep my 3 iron if I have a 22* hybrid club? I mean, the hybrid is going to cost $160 so to help pay for it I was thinking of selling my 3 iron or atleast trading it in at golftown and using the credit against the the $160. Or does breaking up 3-pw by pulling the 3 iron take away from the total value of the set? I know taking one club will obviously take away from the sets value but will it go down by more than 1/8th? Maybe I can use my LOB and my 3 iron on a trade in and get my rescue club I already have that baby picked out but had to get the guys at GT to order one from another store because they don't have the TM rescue 4 in steel reg flex

Thread Information