CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
    Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road

WANTED (either buy or trade) an Adams XTD 13.5 or 15* fairway wood (even head only)

It's looking like I'll be keeping my Adams XTD driver for another season and I found myself wishing I had a 3w the other day. If anyone has the XTD 13.5* or 15* fairway wood, even just the head only is fine as well, let me know what you'd like for it.

Attached Images

Bump - anyone out there with the 13.5 or 15* XTD ti wood?
    I have lots of Adams hybrids including new heads-only that I can offer in trade as well...

Anyone?

8 Iron wells is on a distinguished road
    Do you have an A40S - 3 hybrid head by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by wells View Post
    Do you have an A40S - 3 hybrid head by chance?
    Sorry, I missed this question. No A4OS clubs, unfortunately, but I do have a number of other, newer/better Adams hybrids in the 18, 19 and 20 degree range.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: just looking for the 13.5 degree now since I ordered the 15* wood a few days ago

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar
    have you ever tried the super LS speedline XTD,,, i personally think they are a notch above ,,,
    worth giving a try ,,,, super long too.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    have you ever tried the super LS speedline XTD,,, i personally think they are a notch above ,,,
    The Super LS Speedline XTD models are some of the few Adams drivers/woods/hybrids that I haven't tried....I'll try really hard to forget that tempting suggestion

I miss Adams....such a tragedy what happened to them, being bought out, absorbed and sunset by TM like that...

3 Wood boylebj is on a distinguished road boylebj's Avatar
    Golftown Pre-Owned or Golf Avenue have them for about $70-$80 (plus get 10% off with code)

http://www.golftownpreowned.com/en/a...wood-ad-b03347

http://www.golfavenue.ca/en/adams-xt...wood-ad-b03601

Thanks for the tip - I prefer local buying/selling but those are two great options to keep in mind (and I didn't know the GT site URL, so thansk!). Also a good way to gauge what a fair price is when selling locally...

well i think the super ls was one of the reasons they got bought out ,,,,taylor made went with the slotted driver and woods after that purchase.
    I tried pretty much all their models and the super ls is SOLID ,,, and long ,,just ask anyone i play with ,, 3 wood vs 3 wood ,,,not many are as long as this one ,,,,mind you mine is set up with a Tour Ad Di xstiff ,,,, worth trying my friend

Adams were wizards with hybrid technology so it's no surprise TM wanted to buy them out and grab their patents. It's just a damn shame they basically shuttered the brand after a few last dumbed-down model releases. I still love the XTD forged irons I hope to raise my game enough to play properly and their last XTD driver and 3w has solidly beaten every SDLR or Ping G# wood I've put up against it so far...

So....based on Acadian's persuasion, does anyone have an Adams LS Speedline driver and/or 3w they aren't using?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Hi Dave,
    Not sure you will be interested but you might want to look at the following:
    https://www.golfworks.ca/adams-tight...d/p/AD0116001/
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks for the tip, Chief. I've never seen Adams or other major brand names being sold at golfworks before!

I've tried the 14.5* previous generation Tight Lies fairway wood and it was quite good, but not quite as explosive as the XTD ti woods - I just ordered a 15* one which is why I was only looking for the 13.5* version which I foolishly sold last year (to someone on here who doesn't want to give it up, I see!).

I seem to have more club-play-offs than actual rounds of golf recently, so I'll keep my eyes out for one of these...in fact, I believe I saw one on Kijiji for $50 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Adams were wizards with hybrid technology so it's no surprise TM wanted to buy them out and grab their patents. It's just a damn shame they basically shuttered the brand after a few last dumbed-down model releases. I still love the XTD forged irons I hope to raise my game enough to play properly and their last XTD driver and 3w has solidly beaten every SDLR or Ping G# wood I've put up against it so far...

So....based on Acadian's persuasion, does anyone have an Adams LS Speedline driver and/or 3w they aren't using?
    Just saw a Speedline Driver and 3w sold on Kijji Ottawa within the last couple of days. Missed it by that much!
    I have a couple of friends who play these clubs and absolutely love them. They don't want to upgrade. They're bombers!

Quote Originally Posted by boylebj View Post
    Just saw a Speedline Driver and 3w sold on Kijji Ottawa within the last couple of days. Missed it by that much!
    I have a couple of friends who play these clubs and absolutely love them. They don't want to upgrade. They're bombers!
    FYI....http://www.golftownpreowned.com/en/a...wood-ad-b03742

They weren't playing the 9064 LS Speedline driver, were they? I've heard that one called 'the bomber' a few times, still a sought after club.

https://valueguide.pga.com/images/Ad..._drv_large.jpg

Speaking of legendary bombers, I am still holding onto my Orlimar Hip Ti 420 driver which found new life after BobbyC helped out with a shaft transplant. First swing I took with it at the range, I hit my longest ever drive by far. I'm usually good for 250-280 off the tee (when all goes well), but this lowly range ball was still rising at the 250 yard marker and just kept going. Sadly, there weren't too many as straight after that, and I've had to go back to more forgiving driver heads...

They weren't playing the 9064 LS Speedline driver, were they? I've heard that one called 'the bomber' a few times, still a sought after club.

https://valueguide.pga.com/images/Ad..._drv_large.jpg

Speaking of legendary bombers, I am still holding onto my Orlimar Hip Ti 420 driver which found new life after BobbyC helped out with a shaft transplant. First swing I took with it at the range, I hit my longest ever drive by far. I'm usually good for 250-280 off the tee (when all goes well), but this lowly range ball was still rising at the 250 yard marker and just kept going. Sadly, there weren't too many as straight after that, and I've had to go back to more forgiving driver heads...
    I don't think they were the 9064's. I'm pretty sure they're the Super S and LS.
    The Orlimar is legendary.

once you try the super ls , i'm sure you will be convinced ,,, the face is sooo hot ,,, very explosive

Thanks for the tip, Chief. I've never seen Adams or other major brand names being sold at golfworks before!
    They do now. I've seen Epics, M1, Cobras. Mostly drivers.
    Mahatma Gandhi

I should probably close this thread, or move it to Discussion - it's been a great learning about the models I hadn't tried but I don't want to piss the mods off by staying on Page 1 with every update (oops, I just did it again). The other news is that I blame Acadian for forcing me to buy an Adams Super LS 13* wood with Diamana blueboard shaft for ~$80 last night off eBay - can't wait to try it out!

HAHAHA i love it , you've never met me ,,,but i've just become your best friend lol
    Let us know how it goes ,,,actually ,, i already know how it will go ,,your gona love it

i already know how it will go ,,your gona love it
    But the Ebay seller did not
    Mahatma Gandhi

6 Iron rsmacigolf is on a distinguished road rsmacigolf's Avatar
    there is a 15* XTD ti at the Canadian. demo. like new. stiff RIP shaft. $50

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Ya but the head is white. Sorry to see Adams go, they had awesome drivers / fairway metals / hybrids ... some of the best.

The Adams Tight Lies Titanium is a bomb and easy to hit, and trajectory is higher than most other models.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adams-Tight-...0AAOSww9xZDTxM for reference
    Kind regards, Harry

once you try the super ls , i'm sure you will be convinced ,,, the face is sooo hot ,,, very explosive
    Holy Hell...I finally got to try out my 13* Super LS wood with Diamana blueboard shaft...explosive is an understatement - I think it's going farther than my driver, and getting there faster! I don't know why I ever stray from the classic Adams gear, but I know why I keep coming back to it.

Now I need the Super LS driver....and probably the 17* hybrid.

hey buddy ,,,what did i tell you told you it was a rocket launcher ,,,,after this club ,, taylor made wanted to get a piece of that action , hehehh i'm glad you like it ,,,,
    feels pretty damn good too

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    But the Ebay seller did not
    You see ,,,, i was wright after all ,,,,he LOVES it

Gotta get me the Super LS driver.....I passed up on one for $50 last summer, fool that I was!

Locking this one up for now - still hoping to find a 13.5 Adams XTD Ti (even just the head).
    I have a few 15* Adams XTD experiments going and a few I need to sell, so I don't want to flood the category since I'll be posting a For Sale shortly...

Thread Information