CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Played Sand Point today. Most fairways most some really wet. Greens in great shape. I believe power carts are only allowed on the front 9 right now. I think the group in front of us did the front twice as a result.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played the 18-hole course at Metcalfe yesterday. The original holes (1 to 6 & 16 to 18) were wet but playable - lots of casual water on 18 though. Cart path only on these holes. The newer holes (7 to 15) were very dry and in good shape, with only a little casual water in the left rough on 15. The greens were all in excellent condition - best shape for opening week that I have ever seen there.

Played the 9-hole course at Metcalfe today. Holes 1 to 8 were wet, with lots of casual water on 3 and 4. The 9th hole was in great shape, and all of the greens were excellent except for the front section of the 4th green which was very wet.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Played Renfrew this morning, course is in fantastic shape. Even with all the rain this past week, there were only a few wet spots in the low-lying areas. I don't recall the greens ever being this good in April, and they're already running well. Seems like they're making a big push for green fee golf this year with daily deals.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Anyone know if Pakenham is open? Their FB page says they are, but no answer at the pro shop, and no online booking available?
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    any updates on Marshes conditions?

7 Iron Tee made is on a distinguished road Tee made's Avatar
    Marshes was in great shape on Saturday. No standing water. Only 1-2 plugged balls. Surprisingly green and the back tee decks were in excellent shape. Greens above average in speed given this time of year but with a touch of plinko from last season's punch.

thx for the update , playing there Saturday.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Gatineau was in great shape yesterday. Greens rolling pretty good for this time of year and fairways dry.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Stonebridge today--not bad considering date--a couple of fairways spongy--everything still needs to grow in and dry out but it was playable. The crew was out working on sandtraps----to be quite honest I did not even notice the ones that had been removed.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    eQuinelle is in great shape, beautiful weather today.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Metclafe greens are excellent for this time of year. Some wet spots on fairways but still playable.

Sand Wedge retired is on a distinguished road

Cool played Tecumseh today

Played Tecumseh today. The fairways were dry. some fairways had just been mowed while other the grass was a bit long. The greens were a little slow because of wet conditions of the past few days, but all in all conditions were good for this time of year

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Emerald Links are in excellent shape almost mid-summer like condition!

Played today. No wet spots on the course (East-West 9s) and the greens roll very nice.
    Bunkers are totally playable. Rough around the greens is high actually and probably need a cut

I would come again with the discount that they have on right now.
    Finished under 4 hours for threesome today.

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Played Tecumseh today. The fairways were dry. some fairways had just been mowed while other the grass was a bit long. The greens were a little slow because of wet conditions of the past few days, but all in all conditions were good for this time of year
    From Maloney Blvd. it looks really lush. Looking forward to playing a few rounds out there this season

Lob Wedge HackerTim is on a distinguished road HackerTim's Avatar
    Just played Pakenham, pretty wet, slow greens but they seem to have come through the winter without any damage.

Loving my new-to-me 'old guy' Adams hybrids but I have to find some cure for the tendonitis in my elbow - aka tennis elbow - every swing hurt.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Graphite shafts and a shock reducer arm band Don't try and take a divot on some courses
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    The only real cure is surgery. I had it done about 10 years ago and never had a problem after that ( touch wood )

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Emerald Links are in excellent shape almost mid-summer like condition!

Played today. No wet spots on the course (East-West 9s) and the greens roll very nice.
    Bunkers are totally playable. Rough around the greens is high actually and probably need a cut

I would come again with the discount that they have on right now.
    Finished under 4 hours for threesome today.
    Played on Thurs and thought it was just ok. Greens were decent, but a lot of the tee boxes were a mess. Hard to find a flat spot on some of them. Fairways ok. Bunker sand is awful. For $27 I can't complain too much but for what they charge in peak season it's not worth it.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Buckingham greens where good, not too fast but nice, fairways pretty much dry.

as mentioned by Teemade, Marshes is in nice shape execpt the greens are slow and still punchy. But overall worth playing, expect the course to be mint in a few weeks once we get some warmer weather.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    I have played the marshes twice this year and the greens while a bit slow are excellent. The punch marks seem to be more a visual nuisance as the putts roll ptretty true. I agree with Cleek...in a few more weeks it will be in fantastic shape.

The only issue I have with the Marshes is the lack of attention being paid to the bunker maintenance. The edges have to be re-cut and the sand depth to be consistent throughout the course. This would bring the course back to the gem it once was when it first opened.

my 2 cents for what its worth.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Has anyone played Oaks of Cobden, I am thinking of playing there Thursday but with all this rain I was wondering if it drains well or not, if anyone can chime in that would be great.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mississippi is in pretty good shape, greens are a little bumpy but with all this rain I suspect when they get to cut them next week they will be nice and smooth again.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

played Smugglers Glen today, the course is lush, the rough is getting long and there are some wet patches due to all the rain. Cart path only and some plugged balls with little roll. Greens were rolling pretty good, a little on the slow side for my liking but all things considered it was excellent. We had some 2for1's that expired tomorrow but for $33 including card it may be the best value I had all year. Missed an ace by a few inches as well. It's been a few years and I forgot how awesome this course is.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    played Smugglers Glen today, the course is lush, the rough is getting long and there are some wet patches due to all the rain. Cart path only and some plugged balls with little roll. Greens were rolling pretty good, a little on the slow side for my liking but all things considered it was excellent. We had some 2for1's that expired tomorrow but for $33 including card it may be the best value I had all year. Missed an ace by a few inches as well. It's been a few years and I forgot how awesome this course is.
    One of our favourites and such a nice course to play.Challenging and enjoyable.

Played Nation today, terrific conditions, greens smooth and rolling well. Fairways nice and lush, perfect course to play after a lot of rain. Well worth the drive, excellent value.
    Lefty Lucas

got a note that equinelle is closed until further notice....anyone remember how dry the summer was last year with the ponds virtually empty?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Assuming it ever stops raining, the rough at every course in town will be brutal.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Assuming it ever stops raining, the rough at every course in town will be brutal.
    but you are always in the fairway, right John?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Not quite.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Thread Information