CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Played Anderson Links. Disappointed to see so many ball marks on the green not being fixed. Anyone playing there...Fix those ball marks on the greens please.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Pretty common on public courses. Green-fee players just don't care like members do.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Hawkesbury on the weekend, course is in mint condition except for right rough on #13 which is soggy and should be roped off. Evidence of carts getting stuck and damaging the turf. Greens are in fantastic shape.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Pretty common on public courses. Green-fee players just don't care like members do.
    Played Talon Sunday and the greens had tons of ball marks which was disappointing considering it's Clublink.

Played Stonebridge yesterday and the greens were a million times better in terms of ballmarks. The whole course is probably the best I have ever seen it in terms of conditions.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played Montebello today, the course was in great shape, and was able to play a round in under 3hrs.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    How are the Fall colours coming along at Montebello Craig? Should be getting good but about 10 days from peak
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    How are the Fall colours coming along at Montebello Craig? Should be getting good but about 10 days from peak
    I played there on Monday, and they were only just starting. The nights have not been that cool in the last week, so I think the fall colours may have stalled for a bit. I would give it another two weeks at least.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It's actually a combination of hours of sunlight (consistent) and temperature (variable) The hours of light determine when it gets going, and the temp determines how bright the colors are.

Oct 1 - 15 is the peak, so yes 2 weeks will be spot on. It will be interesting to see how bright they are. This week's overall warmth could make them dullish, but it is still summer (until tomorrow) lol. I wonder if we get a quick turn to cold nights and warm but not hot days. That's the ideal conditions for strong colors and it could still happen and we can still have a vivid show.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Hey Dan, like what was previously stated, they are just starting to turn colours, I was in Tremblant last week and the colours were even better. Like you guys said, in a few weeks and they will be awesome...

Putter vcool is on a distinguished road
    Played a round at Rockland over the weekend, course was in great condition, with a few wet/soggy spots here and there.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Played Eagle Creek yesterday, there were some oversaturated spots in the fairways and lumpy areas as well where the grass appeared to be like a carpet pushed up in the middle, when you walked on it the fairway pressed down... odd given how dry it's been of late.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 09-27-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Played Talon Sunday and the greens had tons of ball marks which was disappointing considering it's Clublink.

Played Stonebridge yesterday and the greens were a million times better in terms of ballmarks. The whole course is probably the best I have ever seen it in terms of conditions.
    Local club link properties just aren't in the same condition they used to be.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar

Can't wait til spring at Greensmere!

Spring fairways should be awesome next spring.

Played Premiere yesterday and it just struck me how lush and perfect the fairways were. Didn't see a divot anywhere - a perfect green carpet! (Maybe due to the bad golf/good growing weather)

And I left it that way-especially on #16 -, rough, rough, rough (behind green), green
    Last edited by stevek; 11-16-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Spring fairways should be awesome next spring.

Played Premiere yesterday and it just struck me how lush and perfect the fairways were. Didn't see a divot anywhere how a perfect green carpet! (Maybe due to the bad golf/good growing weather)

And I left it that way-especially on #16 -, rough, rough, rough (behind green), green
    stonebridge and equinelle as well, courses were as good as they get
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    We played on Monday and yes GM looked great but most of the greens were still frozen so landing and putting were a challenge, like putting on a ceramic floor. Still lots of fun
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information