+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road

Spring Conditions 2017

I guess I will get the ball rolling this year.

Played Raceview today in the beautiful sunshine. Course was dry as expected, with the only casual water occurring on #2 and #7 where the water hazards overflowed their normal margins (no water on the fairways though). Greens were a little shaggy as expected, but certainly playable. Lots of people out, but pace of play was good. I'll probably go back tomorrow.

Thinking of playing Manderley on Tuesday. Anyone play there today?

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    I played at Nation today. Very busy and was delay for frost
    Not fault of the course. But boy in great shape, green
    We're so plush. Going back tomorrow

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Well the weather was great but the conditions at Pineview were not---they opened too early--course was very very wet. The place was packed and along with a one hour frost delay it did not make a great day. Yes it was our choice to play but it was not worth the 30.00 plus. In my opinion it was a cash grab.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Played Gatineau yesterday and today. The course is in great shape and barely any dead/wet spots in the fairways. They cut the greens twice, are in excellent condition and roll pretty true for this time of the year. They even raked the bunkers...it's really a promising year!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Casselview was soggy and greens where shaggy but what a day to be on a golf course. Packed house but excellent pace pf play. Short 7 minute frost delay so no problemo.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Dragonfly on april 14 2017.....Have to say that the greens were excellent....a bit slow as should be expected, but every green was in great condition with no dead spots and consistent throughout the course. Most fairways were pretty wet but all in all worth the drive.

Putter Duffman is on a distinguished road
    Cloverdale links played on April 14 - wet in spots but only 2-3 plugged balls. Greens in great shape but running slow. Course was full - 5 hours for the round not bad considering no carts were out.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Thinking of playing Manderley on Tuesday. Anyone play there today?
    Played Manderley on Friday - the weather was glorious and we had a great round. They were splitting up the three 9-hole courses so that our 9-hole round was actually 10 holes. The greens were in great shape albeit a bit slow. Some fairways were pretty wet but nothing all that surprising. Hard to believe the course was under half a foot of snow just 2 weeks ago...

Had a few triple bogeys, a bunch of OBs, found the creeks a few too many times (on good drives) and just missed an eagle putt! My usual up-and-down form is back on track

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    KOKO:

How wet?

This time of year part of #1. #2, #8 and #9 and a few on the back nine are usually a swamp?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    Played Gatineau yesterday and today. The course is in great shape and barely any dead/wet spots in the fairways. They cut the greens twice, are in excellent condition and roll pretty true for this time of the year. They even raked the bunkers...it's really a promising year!
    ^^^^ Very good condition
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Stonebridge Conditions Saturday.
    Tee boxes have all been aerated, fairways as well. This was likely done late last year, and there has been no recovery yet. A few areas on the fairways remain saturated, but as mentioned elsewhere by jvincent on Friday, there is no standing water. Greens are punched, quite slow, likely not cut since last year. The bunkers, those that remain, have not been touched since last year, and are mostly unplayable by their hardness and their not being raked... A very helpful list of the bunkers that have been eliminated exists in the Stonebridge Conditions thread (from last week). At a spring special rate of $57 for prime time play, it is not worth it, perhaps at $40 or $45 (afternoon rates equate to that) but for those who are willing to pay a premium to play Stonebridge at any time, it is one of our most challenging courses.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 04-16-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Prescott was in great shape , greens were quick , a few soft spots here and there but all in all very nice
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by gdwlkspld View Post
    KOKO:

How wet?

This time of year part of #1. #2, #8 and #9 and a few on the back nine are usually a swamp?
    They started us out on South course number 1 and 2, then number 8 and number 9 and then we played a bunch of other holes coming back in on Central and North so the swampiest of the holes were spared while things dry out and firm up, I imagine.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Most fairways were very soggy. you would have to find a high spot 3 or 4 feet around your ball. Front 9 was wetter than the back. This rain obviously is not helping, but I would say 3 or 4 dry days with a bit of wind would help immensly. Like I posted earlier, the greens made the round worth the trip. You could always find a place to hit from the fairway....just make sure you get ball first.......and don't wear white pants.

Putter rickie is on a distinguished road
    Probably a safer bet to play Nation in the Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Casselview was soggy and greens where shaggy but what a day to be on a golf course. Packed house but excellent pace pf play. Short 7 minute frost delay so no problemo.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    I agree just played Nation last 3 days great shape even today with all rain got last night

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    I played Canadian April 14, was a bit slow with the frost delay but the course was in good shape! It was cart path only but the course was very dry with few wet spots and the greens were bumpy but not bad considering the time of year. They charged full price but you got a voucher for your next round.
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

I've just had a look at the fourteen day forecast... we don't come close to seasonal highs until the end of April. This year, we are rushing the season a little.

That being said, Renfrew opens on Thursday and while I know there will be a soft spot on each of #8, #12 and #18 the rest of the course should be dry...

Played Prescott last Thursday. Greens were remarkably good... they had been tarped over the winter and already cut this spring.

Tee to green the course was damp and spongy overall, but that was to be expected at this time of year. The course slopes towards the St. Lawrence and the soil is still very much saturated...

Weather was sunny and a gentle breeze out of the south, so a very pleasant outing, overall.

Recommended.

Putter razley is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone been to Cedarhill yet?

Can anyone comment on Mapleview, in general as far as what the course is like, and in terms of this week's conditions. I'm playing it for the first time tomorrow and am hoping it is as worthwhile as I have heard. Thanks.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I walked 18 at Renfrew yesterday, the greens were very green, smooth, rolling well, and quick enough for this time of year. The course is the wettest I've ever seen it on opening day, but still very dry, my feet were dry after the round. 2 guys in my 4some took a cart. Highly recommend. Most of the tee decks were aerated.
    Andrew

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Played Mapleview there last weekend and it was pretty dry fair to good conditions.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Thank you Guzman... what other course in the region would you compare Mapleview to?

Played metcalfe April 20th greens were very good the old parts of the course were wet (1-6)(16-18) the others were very nice.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

is a nice track, will probably compare to manderley, metcalfe, moountain creek, dragonfly, last week it was dry but I do not know how much rain they got on the last two days.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by razley View Post
    Has anyone been to Cedarhill yet?
    Playing tomorrow will report back. A buddy played last week greens looked good.

7 Wood retread is on a distinguished road retread's Avatar
    Played Metcalfe this morning and it was very wet. It looks like it wintered well but the rain over the past couple of days left the course very wet. A couple of days of sun and wind will help.
    Determined to keep the rough trimmed. One swing at a time.

Thanks for the comparisons Guzman, much appreciated, these give a good sense of the similarities we can expect.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 04-21-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Cedar hill is pretty wet but the greens are good (albeit slow).

Thread Information