100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Here's Some Hockey For Ya Shivas...

Good Ole Canadian Boy

The commentators are having a hard time believing what they're watching... Smyth didn't get a penalty until the fisticuffs broke out.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Good Ole Canadian Boy

The commentators are having a hard time believing what they're watching... Smyth didn't get a penalty until the fisticuffs broke out.

Dan

Maybe if Fischer wasn't such a ***** he would have fought back. What Smyth did was stupid, but a man's got to defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    Maybe if Fischer wasn't such a ***** he would have fought back. What Smyth did was stupid, but a man's got to defend himself.
    Fischer squared off with him after the penalty was called. Fischer is anything but a *****... One of the rare Czech fighting players in the NHL...

Dan

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Fischer squared off with him after the penalty was called. Fischer is anything but a *****... One of the rare Czech fighting players in the NHL...

Dan
    Glad to hear it.
    That was the first time I had seen that clip & couldn't beleive what I was seeing. Smyth or anyone else who uses their stick like that deserves a beating.
    What NHL club does Fischer play for?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I'm a Team Canada fan and always have been, but that crap by Smyth is bush league hockey. There's no glory in trying to shatter someone else's foot. Fischer was employing a tactic that is taught to every North American defenceman from the time you first lace up the skates. That is how you are taught to control an opposing player in front of the net. Smyth was pissed off that the team couldnt get anything going.

Also, the referee was an idiot for not calling the penalty after the first slash.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge

Also, the referee was an idiot for not calling the penalty after the first slash.
    or for not calling it after the 2nd teh 3rd the 4th the 6 the 12th
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons
    Glad to hear it.
    That was the first time I had seen that clip & couldn't beleive what I was seeing. Smyth or anyone else who uses their stick like that deserves a beating.
    What NHL club does Fischer play for?
    Fischer plays for Detroit. He's a big boy at 6'6 and about 230lbs or so...

Dan

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Fischer plays for Detroit. He's a big boy at 6'6 and about 230lbs or so...

Dan
    I used to watch Fischer play a lot when he was with the Hull Olympiques, I knew then that he was a good player, but he's struggled with the Wings and hasen't played that well. He's still young though and hopefully he stays in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    I used to watch Fischer play a lot when he was with the Hull Olympiques, I knew then that he was a good player, but he's struggled with the Wings and hasen't played that well. He's still young though and hopefully he stays in the NHL.
    I'm not entirely sure that it's fair to say he hasn't played "well" in Detroit. He's been cast into a role that he's not really used to. He's not as physical a guy as maybe he could be with his stature, but the Wings use him in limited roles as a hitting defenceman. Maybe with their new coach they'll be set up right. He needs to be given a two-way role in order to ever reach the potential you're talking about.

BTW, nice call on the 'Piques reference. His 78 points season was a great season to watch!

Dan

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    I'm not entirely sure that it's fair to say he hasn't played "well" in Detroit. He's been cast into a role that he's not really used to. He's not as physical a guy as maybe he could be with his stature, but the Wings use him in limited roles as a hitting defenceman. Maybe with their new coach they'll be set up right. He needs to be given a two-way role in order to ever reach the potential you're talking about.

BTW, nice call on the 'Piques reference. His 78 points season was a great season to watch!

Dan
    Your right he's an offensive defenceman and like you said needs that other role. Who's Detroit's new coach??

Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    Your right he's an offensive defenceman and like you said needs that other role. Who's Detroit's new coach??
    Former Anaheim coach Mike Bab, who I think will be a good guy to coordinate a more efficient gameplan on a Wings team that will undergo mass changes (already waiving Hatcher, Whitney and McCarty).

Dan

I think Babc*ck will be a good fit with the "new look" Wings. His expirience with young players should be beneficial.

Man am I glad hockey is back!

Thread Information