+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar

Pine View opening on Friday

Make this Good Friday a Great Friday. Book your tee time at Pine View.

http://www.pineview.com/en
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Should not have been 30$ green fee...unless it included fishing gear and canoe..

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    I had fun. It was just good to be playing again and I've spent $30 on much worse!

On the flip side, I thought it was funny (not necessarily in a good way) to be handing out $25 green fees for Glen Mar as a "make up" for the bad conditions at Pineview. $25 is hardly a great deal for Glen Mar! Yikes!

Thanks to everyone who came out for our opening day. We had over 500 golfers tee off at Pine View.

While there were some wet spots on the back nine the course was in good shape given the long winter. The greens have weathered the cold better than any previous year since we took over the course.

The vouchers to Stittsville Golf Course (formerly Glen Mar) were not given out due to any issue with conditions. We had a frost delay in the morning and as a result were running behind. We thought it would be a nice gesture to hand out some vouchers and also promote our acquisition of another great golf course. The regular green fee is $39 so $25 is a great deal.

Enjoy the season!
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have to say overall the course was in good shape, yes there were a few holes that had wet spots on the course, but it was the 2nd week of April and we were golfing. The coupon was a nice gesture as well, for those that have never played Glen Mar-now Stittsville GC.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hmmmm---vouchers for Stitsville ??? Who were they offered to ???
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hmmmm---vouchers for Stitsville ??? Who were they offered to ???
    They were handed out during the frost delay when there was a back up on the tee. If you did not get one feel free to stop by the office and I'll gladly give you one.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have 2 of the passes for Glen Mar/Stittsvile GC if anyone wants them, I work downtown. Just let me know.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Should not have been 30$ green fee...unless it included fishing gear and canoe..
    How is 30$ unreasonable for 18 holes of golf.

My socks were dry after my round so I don't think you need a canoe.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I have to say overall the course was in good shape, yes there were a few holes that had wet spots on the course, but it was the 2nd week of April and we were golfing. The coupon was a nice gesture as well, for those that have never played Glen Mar-now Stittsville GC.
    I couldn't believe how green the greens were! I'm looking forward to another golf season at Pine View.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    I couldn't believe how green the greens were! I'm looking forward to another golf season at Pine View.
    Yes and want to get out at least once with you Mat. Great time a few years ago. Have a great season.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    I have 2 of the passes for Glen Mar/Stittsvile GC if anyone wants them, I work downtown. Just let me know.
    I'll take them if you don't want them
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

They are yours Andre, I will send you a PM.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    How is 30$ unreasonable for 18 holes of golf.

My socks were dry after my round so I don't think you need a canoe.
    You must have worn rain boot to play because every hole is pretty much a swamp and there aren't too many dry spots on the fairways even for lift and clean. . #10 has a big puddle on the right just off the green.. Every bunker pretty has water in it. That will tell you how wet PineView is.

Greens are in very good condition and rolling nice though.
    I think it will be another 2 weeks of dry weather before it is ready.

But hey it's packed so people are desperate to get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    You must have worn rain boot to play because every hole is pretty much a swamp and there aren't too many dry spots on the fairways even for lift and clean. . #10 has a big puddle on the right just off the green.. Every bunker pretty has water in it. That will tell you how wet PineView is.
    I have to disagree, we played on April 14/15, and the tractor was in the bunkers raking them. The vast majority of the bunkers were very dry, and the few that had water, you were able to find a spot to hit from.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I have to disagree, we played on April 14/15, and the tractor was in the bunkers raking them. The vast majority of the bunkers were very dry, and the few that had water, you were able to find a spot to hit from.
    Ok probably from the rain on Saturday's night but the bunkers that I was in all have waters and I was in a few of them Water puddles everywhere.

Actually I felt kind of guilty dragging even my push cart through the fairway afraid to do damage to the grass..

It's not playable for me even with the discount that I got. All three of us gave up after 9 holes and went home -3 and 1/2 hours prodding through the mess.

I can't comment on conditions past Saturday of the long weekend, but on the Friday/Sat conditions were pretty good. I think they are clay based, so it does not drain well, but they have been working on it, and adding drainages in the fairways.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Ok probably from the rain on Saturday's night but the bunkers that I was in all have waters and I was in a few of them Water puddles everywhere.

Actually I felt kind of guilty dragging even my push cart through the fairway afraid to do damage to the grass..

It's not playable for me even with the discount that I got. All three of us gave up after 9 holes and went home -3 and 1/2 hours prodding through the mess.
    I played before all the Friday/Saturday rain. It wasn't bad at all when I played.

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Yes and want to get out at least once with you Mat. Great time a few years ago. Have a great season.
    Absolutely Marcos! Time and place and I will be there!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Absolutely Marcos! Time and place and I will be there!
    You got it buddy. Let you know when we go. Have a great season.

Power carts will be available starting Wednesday April 26th.

Thread Information