CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Balls

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Talking Balls

I know there have been many threads on this subject but after a trip to the launch monitor it was recommended that I use a low compression ball with my swing and ball speed. Since then I have tried different brands of low compression balls (Noodle long& soft - Titleist Soft Feel - Top Flite Tour SF) and low and behold the best results for me have been with the little known "TiLo" ball made by TiTech. They are cheap balls available at Wal Mart, $12.96 for 18 balls. The Noodles are pretty good too but really, these TiLo balls are great, responsive, very inexpensive and durable.

Any one else tried these balls?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I've tried similar low cost ball InTech also available at Wal-mart.
    These balls are actually a bit smaller than other brand names.
    Check the specs of your TiTech, or even compare with other balls, you might be able to see the slight differences in size. I've read some reviews that these smaller balls will give a bit more in distance. We've tried at the fun best ball tournaments and these bullets do fly!! Just don't use on par 3s, they don't hold the greens too well.

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas
    I know there have been many threads on this subject but after a trip to the launch monitor it was recommended that I use a low compression ball with my swing and ball speed. Since then I have tried different brands of low compression balls (Noodle long& soft - Titleist Soft Feel - Top Flite Tour SF) and low and behold the best results for me have been with the little known "TiLo" ball made by TiTech. They are cheap balls available at Wal Mart, $12.96 for 18 balls. The Noodles are pretty good too but really, these TiLo balls are great, responsive, very inexpensive and durable.

Any one else tried these balls?
    Never tried them, but for low compression and relatively good control holding the greens Pinnacle's are my favorite.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    One of the best pieces of advice I ever heard from a teaching pro was to find a ball that you like the overall performance / feel of and stick with it. That way you get used to how it reacts to putts/pitches, how far it flies, etc.

The only problem with that is that the ball makers change out their models on a regular basis so you have to switch every so often.

On a related note, Maxfli Revolution Tours are on sale at Golftown right now for $20/dozen. The Revo Tour is a really nice ball high end ball. It used to go for >$40/dozen but is being discontinued in favour of the Black Max.

Driver Brent4Hire is on a distinguished road
    Diddo on the Maxfli...I was using A-10 solids and switched to these at the advice of one of the GT managers who is a friend and knows my swing...awesome ball for $20/doz...hope there are some left in mid summer...I'll pick up 10 dozen.
    If you're gonna walk on thin ice, ya might as well dance.

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

Balls

I too had a launch monitor evaluation and the guy said that I should use Low compression balls. I started using the Dunlop Super Loco and was hitting them good then I switched to the Titlest NXT and man I will never go back to the Loco except in the fall. The NXT are not super hard (85 compression I think) but man can they fly and stop on the green. I just love them and where I play mostly (hylands) since it is almost impossible to loose a ball, I can play with the same ball for 5-6 rounds and they don't cut or scuff they look almost new even after 5-6 rounds. For $34 a dozen and I get to play 5-6 rounds with the same ball is a pretty good deal for me.
    Thanks
    Claude

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Nxt

Funny you should like the NXT. I just bought 2 dozen off a guy here and like you they are great. Go to that website www.goodasnewgolfballs.com
    where they sell NXTs mint for $12.00/dozen but you have to buy 3 dozen at a time. I have bought many balls from them and they are great.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

"Richard"
    I thought those balls were illegal because they weigh more and they are smaller in diameter so they are more sense. Also they have 432 dimples while most balls have 380-390 (I think)

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

balls

Having 432 dimples does not make a ball illegal as they are coming out with more 432 dimples balls. The only thing that I heard about those Intec balls was that they were as hard as rock and a friend of mine actually broke the face of his driver (caved in) using one of those ball in the fall. His driver was not pretty to look at after and of course the OEM cie who made it did not want to replace it as they said that it was due to improper use of his driver.
    Just my 2 cents
    Claude

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Let me get a refresher here:

If I have a fairly low clubhead speed through impact, am I better off with a low-compression ball? I just can not remember which way the scale goes...

I know the A-10 from Maxfli were my favourite ball other than Pro-V1 and then a close third was the Wilson Smart Core... Now I play whatever I can get cheapest, but would like to settle on a brand and ball because of the logic above...

Thanks in adv.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Funny you should like the NXT. I just bought 2 dozen off a guy here and like you they are great. Go to that website www.goodasnewgolfballs.com
    where they sell NXTs mint for $12.00/dozen but you have to buy 3 dozen at a time. I have bought many balls from them and they are great.
    I tried to access this site, but it appears to be gone... Not calling you stupid or anything, but is there a chance the URL is wrong? Would love to take advantage of that pricing!!!

Thanks,
    Dan

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Let me get a refresher here:

If I have a fairly low clubhead speed through impact, am I better off with a low-compression ball? I just can not remember which way the scale goes...
    Yes, that is generally true.

Don't get too hung up on it though. Pretty much any modern ball when struck well will go far enough. The best thing you can do is find a ball that you like the all around characteristics of (feel, spin, distance) and then stick with it.

A much bigger factor for low swing speed is making sure you have enough loft on your driver to make sure you get the ball in the air and spinning.

"Richard"
    what is the best ball for me? I swing my driver about 90mph and have a horrible slice. I don't care about distance and would rather have a more straight ball. I see topflight xl-3000s come super spin, long, straight and super feel.. I obviously know if I want to hit the the ball straight then get the "xl-3000 straight" but what makes it straight and what makes it not super spin or what makes it not as long?

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I tried to access this site, but it appears to be gone... Not calling you stupid or anything, but is there a chance the URL is wrong? Would love to take advantage of that pricing!!!

Thanks,
    Dan
    I'm not calling you stupid or anything but you may want to check your computer/internet configuration . I can use the link no problem, but if you want some high end balls for a cheap price (cheaper then this website) send me a PM.
    Denny

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    what is the best ball for me? I swing my driver about 90mph and have a horrible slice. I don't care about distance and would rather have a more straight ball. I see topflight xl-3000s come super spin, long, straight and super feel.. I obviously know if I want to hit the the ball straight then get the "xl-3000 straight" but what makes it straight and what makes it not super spin or what makes it not as long?
    If you have a horrible slice then a different brand of ball won't help much. Better off fixing your slice then find a ball you like. JMO
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber
    I'm not calling you stupid or anything but you may want to check your computer/internet configuration . I can use the link no problem, but if you want some high end balls for a cheap price (cheaper then this website) send me a PM.
    Denny
    I am not calling anyone stupid, but actually the site is apparently touch and go for being online. My security settings are at minimum, and only just now (after I sent my PM to you Denny), have I been able to access the site.

Nice resource for sure!

Thanks.

Dan

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I am not calling anyone stupid, but actually the site is apparently touch and go for being online. My security settings are at minimum, and only just now (after I sent my PM to you Denny), have I been able to access the site.

Nice resource for sure!

Thanks.

Dan
    No PM in my inbox. Send it again and we'll talk.

Hey Broken, I have never had trouble with the site and clicked on the above posts and it directed me to the site. Maybe you are having bad luck but if Titleist Man can help you out, go for it.
    Lefty Lucas

Hey Broken, I have never had trouble with the site and clicked on the above posts and it directed me to the site. Maybe you are having bad luck but if Titleist Man can help you out, go for it.
    I finally got on the site, after refreshing about 50 times. Must have been down periodically, or maybe I was just hitting the link at the same time as several other people...

Seems like a good site, and if things don't work out with TITLEIST MAN, I'll definitely go through them...

Very nice that people post these money-saving links in this forum. It IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!

Dan

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Balls

I have bought balls from Knet in Markham. Titleist NXT's and they were all in mint condition and none were duds. Knet has been in business a long time so they can not afford to sell balls advertised as MINT and have any crappy balls in there.

Just bought another 5 dozen, $69.00 Cnd shipped. Can't beat that with a stick!
    Buddy of mine buys his Pro V's there too, said the ones he bought were like new and again no bad balls in his batch. I think he gets them from Knet on eBay for $69.00 for 3 dozen plus taxes and shipping.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thread Information