+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

Ottawa golf show

Just came back from the Ottawa golf show........it's getting worst every year!!!!

A lot of the local courses weren't even there, to fill up the empty spaces they've put in kiosk that are not even related to golf.....sheppards of good hope, RBC finance, indoor curling!?!?....speaking with some of the guys at the kiosk's they weren't very impress with the organisation plus the attendence wasn't good yesterday, it wasn't really busy when i left at 11h30.
    They all told me if you want to see a real golf show go to the Montreal golf show. Next year that's were i'm heading 'cause the Ottawa show is a real joke!!!!

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    The doors weren't suppose to open until 12. I was there from 12:30-1:30 and it was packed with people. Booths and displays had several people deep. If it wasn't for free parking and a coupon, it would have been a waste.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Any decent stuff being handed out?
    I like to call it a power fade

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Every year it certainly appears to be smaller and certainly gets less and less discussion on here. I only go to meet people and get the golf juices flowing...I really don't expect much from the expo other than that

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    Honestly. What was it missing? It was exactly what I was expecting. And for $10 (after promo code) and free parking, I left there thinking it was a good time.

I've only been going the last 4 years or so but if someone could tell me what it used to have I might have some better perspective.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    A lot of liquidation sellers for sure so some good deals to be had, they did give away free green fees but you have to drive 1.5 hours to get there and you had to get your card marked at a crap load of booths but I did not bother. Mr. Haime was there but no sign of Steve Stricker
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie mikelaurin is on a distinguished road
    Got a scotty Cameron dual balance golo #5 for 280 still had plastic on it from Cambridge golf and fashions thought that was a good deal no headcover though

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I was wondering if anyone had went, I stopped going years ago....too bad it seems to be getting smaller each year....

Gap Wedge Dixie is on a distinguished road Dixie's Avatar
    This was my first year and I won't be back. I went their with pocket full of cash but found very little equipment pf interest. The liquidation in the back right corner was a joke, they were even selling knock off hockey jerseys and sweaters.

I was expecting there to be more than one track man as well to try new clubs. It was nice catching up with some of the local course guys but other than that it was a bust for me.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    The Tiger Affect!

Sand Wedge retired is on a distinguished road

Unhappy ottawa golf show

The last time I was at the golf show was in 2014. I found it was a waste of time back then. I am sure glad that I did not go this year even with free parking and x$$ off after buying the ticket online using the promo code. There needs to be more local golf club present for me to be interested in going to the Ottawa golf show.

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    The last time I was at the golf show was in 2014. I found it was a waste of time back then. I am sure glad that I did not go this year even with free parking and x$$ off after buying the ticket online using the promo code. There needs to be more local golf club present for me to be interested in going to the Ottawa golf show.
    If you didn't go how do you know who was or wasn't there? What exactly were you looking for?

The internet sure is awesome for complaining isn't it.

Free parking? Save money by shopping online? Nope not for me thanks!!! Yeesh.

There are better deals to have online if you go to each of the golf club website than attending the ottawa golf show and going to each of the exhibitors booth. Some times i go to different pro-shops in the region to look at the new equipment and see what is available. some golfer like shopping on line, other like to attend the golf show, others go to golf pro shops and retailer to get an idea of what is available to each his own. There is no right or wrong way to shop for or check out new golf equipment

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I would be curious to know what people expect to see or get from the annual golf show...
    People love to complain, but what do they want to see?
    Golf is not the only industry where tradeshows are suffering a slow death.

It seems like consumers want to get free parking, free admission and get crazy deals on products and services in the show...

I am also a D.H skier. and have not been to the ski show since it moved to the E.Y center. When It was at landsdown the entry for the show was free and so was the parking if you parked on the street. but the last two or three years that it was held at landsdown (free parking and entry) i did not go. Because it seemed to have the same marketing as previous years, no new ideas, so I guess that is what is happening to the golf show. I play golf for fun and I am not into all the latest gadgets for golf. From my perspective the ski show and the golf show need new marketing ideas and beside the E.Y centre is at least 1hr from were I live and find it is not worth the trip,(To be simplistic on the ottawagolf show and ottawa ski show been there done that) I will travel one hour or more to golf on a course that I have never played before without hesitation

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    If you didn't go how do you know who was or wasn't there? What exactly were you looking for?

The internet sure is awesome for complaining isn't it.

Free parking? Save money by shopping online? Nope not for me thanks!!! Yeesh.
    The list of who was going to being there was very clearly posted on the Ottawa golfexpo website so there was no need to go there to find out. The internet sure is awesome for obtaining information isn't it!

I've gone every year for the last 10 years (including this year) and there is no doubt it is getting smaller and less interesting. There are fewer companies there demonstrating equipment and fewer courses with booths for sure. I'm less concerned with picking up "deals" at the show but more concerned with checking out new equipment and getting info from courses and golf travel companies etc.
    I understand the leisure industry in general is in tough at the moment and that is reflected in the size and quality of the expo I guess.
    As I said earlier I will continue to go because I enjoy saying hi to friends I know will be there and getting to golf mojo going for the season...But there is no doubt the expo is not as much fun as it used to be.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Nor does it generate the buzz it used to.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    I did try out clubs in the golf alley and was able to make my decision on which new set to buy, no deals but golftown had great trade in so got cheaper buying thru them. I did see some great deals for green fee, Nation had four green fees for $ 90, tax in great deal at $ 22.50 per green fee, plus they have free replay all year so not bad to get two rounds in for under $ 25.00

Thread Information