CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TM 4 or GCquad?

Putter Tdog1977 is on a distinguished road

TM 4 or GCquad?

Building a indoor golf simulator. I have the space to have a TM4, I like that it is set back, love the software/video, education tools, and I really like JNPG for sim play. The GCQ is obviously outstanding but I'm not a fan of only being able to use the FSX, not a fan of the courses.

Is TM data indoors that bad? Will it result in unrealistic sim play. I'd love to hear from a TM4 owner. I appreciate any advice!

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    You won't be dissapointed with a tm4.

Putter Tdog1977 is on a distinguished road
    Ya, I hear a lot of negative about indoors but I tested up against at GC2 and it was similar. TM software is great.

Putter HandsofStone is on a distinguished road

Price of TM

How does the price of TM compare to GC2? I have two left-handers in the family, so I have been told that I would need 2 GC2's, unless we were willing to constantly move the GC2 around. The Trackman website indicates starting at $50K, but that includes everything.

Having 1 GC2 with a mix of left and right handers is less than ideal. Having two is still a lot cheaper. I believe TM indoor only is 18k USD and GC2's a 6 or 7k each USD. Both are accurate and top shelf technology. If it were me, I'd go 1 GC2 and GC2t. The T never leaves and is for lefties and the GC2 can go to the range. With TM, you place the ball in the middle thus needing 15 width. With GC2's you can offset so you only need 11 or 12 feet of width.

Putter HandsofStone is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. We are building a house, and the plans aren't final yet. I don't think the width will be an issue, but the depth may be, as it will be a multi-purpose room (there is lots of space, but would rather not dedicate 20 feet of depth to the golf simulator). Sounds like the cost of one TM vs two GC2s is not significantly different - do you recommend the GC2 because of software?

Both have a wide breadth of software options. The Foresight will be slightly more accurate and cost less but will require stickers for club data. I'm pretty sure no one has ever been dissapointed with either. TM needs more room to work. 1 gc2 is 6 or 7k.

Thread Information