100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar

Loch March under new management

One of the top public golf courses in Canada’s National Capital Region is now operating under a new management structure.
    Loch March Golf & Country Club in Kanata, Ontario, has been leased by GolfNorth. The agreement took effect March 1, 2017.
    Part of the Fuller Group of companies, Loch March was designed by Mark Fuller. It opened on July 10, 1987.
    Based in the Kitchener-Waterloo Region of Ontario, until recently GolfNorth has managed or owned golf properties primarily in Southwest Ontario. They took a big leap in 2015 when they entered into a 42-year lease with Parks Canada to operate the iconic Keltic Lodge Resort and affiliated Highland Links in Cape Breton.
    Their latest move expands their horizons once again.
    A statement from the company says, “Loch March Golf & Country Club provides an excellent entry for GolfNorth into the Ottawa golf market.”
    It is fair to assume that they may have plans to build a bit of a course hub in the eastern end of the province, much like in the southwest. That is unconfirmed at this time.
    There were no terms released for the Loch March G&CC agreement but the deal with the award-winning public course is noted as “a long-term lease agreement.”
    Danielle Nadon, who returned to the club as General Manager and Head Professional in 2010, will remain with the operation.
    She now joins a GolfNorth team that operates 30 golf courses.
    We have a conversation scheduled for Friday with a key member of the GolfNorth management team and will update this story with any other relevant details.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I have some experience playing GN courses in southern ontario. In general, the conditioning levels drop. LM has always has great conditioning and service so let's hope that stays the same.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I had decided over the winter to buy a season pass at LM as it is my favourite course in the city and the season pass was a great deal....I'm not thrilled by this news

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Where is the info on that season pass? Big fan of that course. My favourite after equinelle

Putter dixongolfer is on a distinguished road
    What's the source of the story you posted?

Ontario Golf News Digest | March 3, 2017 >> Golf North In Ottawa, Marchand Preps & Hall Of Fame

http://ontariogolfnews.com/golf-news...-foray-ottawa/

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    It's also on the Golf North site

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I am glad that Danielle stayed on, she is great and always very accommodating. I played 9 holes there one afternoon and went in after the 9 and asked how much to play the other 9 and she said told me to go ahead and play, n/c. Another time we went to play with Executive Golf and forgot about the time restriction and she let us play anyways but with a clear "this time only" but as I said very accommodating.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Yep, i also made the same error Luc and they let us play anyways. Great layout,one of our favourites.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I learned my lesson but I did tell her it was my mistake and that I would pay full pop but she said it was ok, that is sweet.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Perhaps why they required new management.
    (to try to turn a profit. )

Didn't do any weekday tournaments there last year (their bread and butter) but the two weekends I played the parking lot was not very full at my 9:30 tee-time.

Thread Information