100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headcovers

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Headcovers

Ok so I am curious about this issue. How many of you do not leave the headcovers on your drivers, fairway woods and rescue clubs?

Reason I ask is this. I do some clubhead repaints for the local golf store. Today I picked up 2 TaylorMade Mid Rescues they wanted to have painted. Man they were beat up like Mike Tyson!

How anyone can allow that to happen to a $229 club is beyond me. I did a Cleveland Launcher 3 wood for them a couple of weeks ago and it was the same way, beat to hell and back.

I never leave my headcovers off my clubs. But apparently others do. That's ok by me, easy money for me when I repair those heads!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I always leave the headcovers on my woods. I can never understand the mentality of those who don't. They always say they hate taking the covers off and then having to put them back on after the shot. My response is always "well, if you're that lazy maybe you should be at home on the couch."

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Proforged
    I always leave the headcovers on my woods. I can never understand the mentality of those who don't. They always say they hate taking the covers off and then having to put them back on after the shot. My response is always "well, if you're that lazy maybe you should be at home on the couch."
    Well if they go to trade in a beat up $400 driver and get zilch for it then they might realize why headcovers come with clubs!
    Hate taking the covers off and on, good lord how big of a task is that? If that is a major task then hitting the shot with that wood must just about do them in
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    The two best father's day gifts I received (although my 5 years did claim it's she) were the new head cover with the zipper to fit my 460cc and this attachment which velcros to the back of your belt and clip on the another piece at the handle of your pull cart. You are walking hands and arm free and it works great. You may look like a mule pull your little cart, but then again who isn't slave to this game?

72 Divots
    My wife leaves her head covers off because she's afraid to lose them. I'm not so sure about the logic on that one but at least they're cheap clubs.

Thread Information