+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Syracuse

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Syracuse

This warm weather made me think of looking at Syracuse and the webcam I looked at showed about 2 ft of grass from the road so hopefully it may be all gone by the end of the week with forecast highs of 13, 17, 16, 15 over the next four days. The traffic cam shows very little snow left and this camera is only 4kms from Foxfire golf club.

There may be a possibility of golf there in a few weeks or less if we are lucky
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Don't get my hopes up....LOL

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Optimism is the window to the future! That being said I will be ready if the course opens soon!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    Hey Luc let me know when it does open please

1 Iron BARGEGOLF is on a distinguished road BARGEGOLF's Avatar
    The best website for webcams I have found is from Weather Underground

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Just west of Binghamton (probably close Links at Hiawatha) looks pretty close to snow free...

Will do
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Wow Luc, great news.Merci

They are going to get a lot of rain in the next couple of days along with temperatures above 10° so I suspect by the weekend they will have no snow left. Next week looks pretty good too so hopefully it is not absolutely soaked and a course can open.
    Lefty Lucas

I just checked the webcam and the snow is gone, there is a course opening in Burlington as well. I will call Syracuse courses tomorrow
    Lefty Lucas

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Liverpool was open today !!!!

Cool, looks like Saturday will be a pretty good day and last chance for a while, 18°, next week looks like rain before the cold weather returns. My weekend is booked but I will see if I can get out on Tuesday although it looks like rain
    Lefty Lucas

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    I just drove thru there last thursday from MB, and no snow at all. The day i drove back was 20 out and even in Watertown there was no snow. I have already started to plan a Golf weekend there in early April. Any suggestions on courses I should look at?

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    Does anybody have info on any open courses down there? I've looked a little but the research isn't my strong point. If anything is open I may try go Monday. I've never even crossed the border so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Remi

Foxfire, Liverpool, Radisson Greens, Green Lake State Park is great but may not be open
    Lefty Lucas

Well best to call first but Foxfire and Liverpool are likely your best bet. It's easy to get there, cross at 1000 Islands and drive the 81 until you get there. Liverpool is on your way in to Syr.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Any news on what's open in Syracuse? Looking at heading that way this weekend.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I will be driving through on Sunday and will keep my eye open---maybe if we are making good time I'll swing by the course and take a closer look. I'll drop my wife off at the shopping center---that way she can't complain I have one more game at The Club at Eagle Brook on Wednesday---that hopefully will hold me until the north opens up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I will be driving through on Sunday and will keep my eye open---maybe if we are making good time I'll swing by the course and take a closer look. I'll drop my wife off at the shopping center---that way she can't complain I have one more game at The Club at Eagle Brook on Wednesday---that hopefully will hold me until the north opens up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy Brian. Its crappy rainy weather here but slowly warming up.

Thread Information