100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fathers Day

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Fathers Day

So did anyone get any golf items for Father's Day?

My daughters and wife bought me a Titleist Sunday Bag and a one hour lesson from the Pro at the local private course.

That Titleist bag is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Holds 14 clubs, a few balls, tees, wallet, keys etc and is so easy to carry. For a small bag the clubs go in and out with no problem. It is a nice bag to carry on a hot summer day.

As for the lesson, I am looking forward to that. I have known this Pro personally for years and he is always trying to get me to join that course. I have never had a lesson from a Pro in my 24 years of golf so it might be interesting! I am a decent player, I have had my index down as low as 5 in the past few years, currently at 6.5 after a slow start to the season. Posted a 71 today so things are looking up.

But I know there are a few things he can help me with, so hopefully I come away from that lesson with a few new tips to help out my swing.

My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    I got guilt-free golf at the OGT event at Manderley. Was nice because daddy treated himself to more than the budget permitted...

Oh, also got the balls washed... J/K........

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Guilt Free Golf

I get guilt free golf about 165 times a season I never hear my wife complain that I play too much golf. I guess I am one of the few lucky married men that has a wife who does not complain about my golf addiction.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    [QUOTE=broken27]I got guilt-free golf at the OGT event at Manderley. Was nice because daddy treated himself to more than the budget permitted...

Oh, also got the balls washed... J/K........

I got guilt-free golf as well,but i had to use the washer the course provides!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

jhazelton
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    I get guilt free golf about 165 times a season I never hear my wife complain that I play too much golf. I guess I am one of the few lucky married men that has a wife who does not complain about my golf addiction.
    Sounds to me like she really doesn't want you around.

Quote Originally Posted by jhazelton
    Sounds to me like she really doesn't want you around.
    No that is not the case. She just happens to understand how much I love golf. Weekend rounds are played early so I am home shortly after 12PM. A lot of weekday rounds are played while I am on afternoon shift. Dayshift rounds are played after work.
    Hey some of us are just lucky enough to have loving understanding spouses, then there are those who don't

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    My wife sent me and my father-in-law off to Manderley for a quick 9 holes on Sunday morning. My daughter made us pancakes when we got back, and then we both received a copy of David Feherty's "Somewhere in Ireland a Village is Missing an Idiot". My wife also got me one of the Nike Dri-Fit golf shirts they had on sale at Nevada Bob's - which was quite a sacrifice because she doesn't like anything to do with golf.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I think I have enough golf nic-nacs from X-mas, birthday, etc, to open a golf store... But the best item has to be a hand drawn card from my 5 years old with inscription "you're the best golfer in the world..." gotta love your kids

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    I have a very understanding wife as well. Though I have to come up with something very strong for b-days, xmas and the good ol'e anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    I have a very understanding wife as well. Though I have to come up with something very strong for b-days, xmas and the good ol'e anniversary.
    I must have married a "SAINT" No pressure for something "BIG" on B-Days etc.

Thread Information