CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golf Select

Pitching Wedge chucky is on a distinguished road chucky's Avatar

Golf Select

Went on the Golf Select site just to see if there was anything going on, and could not find Equinelle on the course list. Has golf Select dropped EQ. Executive golf still has them on their course list. Does anyone know what's going on ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Not 100% but herd that Equinelle is going with EG this year only. Can not confirm but i am sure Kilroy will.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    That is great news---also the fact that the old General Manager is returning First Class operation.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Lob Wedge hacker03 is on a distinguished road
    Co-worker went into to golf select today to renew his membership and Equinelle is gone and is going to be exclusive to EG. Very unfortunate!

Pitching Wedge jermart is on a distinguished road
    EG increased their eQuinnelle spots from 8 to 12.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You can always use Golf Now to get a better price, that's what I did last year.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    What's up with Golf select?
    There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Back up, must have been the storm
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

I suspect somebody else
    Mahatma Gandhi

Not me, I was working all day
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I suspect somebody else
    russian hackers?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

yes, the storm was their cover
    Lefty Lucas

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    If that is the case, it is to bad for Golf Select. I hate to see a good course like that leave them.

I play there a couple of times a year and I used Golf Now as it was cheaper than GS or EG.
    Lefty Lucas

the other thing I find weird is that I got zero notice about renewing. In fact, the last email I received from them was from Sept 30th. No marketing throughout the winter, nothing indicating they'd be at the golf show (assuming they were), nothing. Not a way to run a business. Heck I am not a member of ClubEG but get their emails almost weekly. Dan are you listening?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Sorry for any confusion, but I am no longer involved. Since GS was established that is handled by the folks that ran Golf Extra in the past so I am an outsider now.

From their website contact us page

Gatineau Office
    867 St-René Ouest, Suite 11, Gatineau QC, J8T 7X6
    Tel: 819-568-4442
    email: info@golfxtra.ca
    Contact Names: France and Duff

Ottawa Office
    Pineview GC, 1471 Blair Rd, Ottawa ON K1B 4S3
    Tel: 613-722-4319
    email: in_fo@corporategolfottawa.com
    Contact Names: Trish, Don and Glenn
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I do not disagree with the sentiment that more communication is needed from GS, I have been with EG for many years and the emails coming from them are very good. I emailed GS this morning to inform them of this thread and hope that they realise there is improvement on that end of things, as members we should be receiving emails about changes, news, promos etc
    Lefty Lucas

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Kilroy;544800]Sorry for any confusion, but I am no longer involved. Since GS was established that is handled by the folks that ran Golf Extra in the past so I am an outsider now.

I was not aware Dan. Thanks for letting us know that you are no longer involved and it is now Golf Extra. I agree with others, they need to do a better job of communicating to existing/former members.

Putter DuffGolfXtra is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

I am Duff from the GolfXtra/GolfSelect Office located in Gatineau. I just wanted to address some concerns in this thread:

- It is true that Equinelle will not be on our list of courses this year. It was the most expensive course on foot on our list and we found due to their dynamic pricing structure anyone could book a similar or better rate using the method leftylucas mentions above in this thread.

- Loch March will be is exclusive to GolfSelect this year. We have upped the number of memberships to 16 at Loch March to make up for the loss of Equinelle.

- Chieflongtee & jeffc. It was not Russian hackers, . Our security certificate was simply expried and we needed to renew it, something that was overlooked by our IT guy. It has now been fixed.

- jeffc and Leftylucas : We sent 4-5 e-mails about renewal at and early bird discounted rate before the holidays. If you did not get those e-mails I suggest you log into your GolfSelect account and check the "My Profile" Section to make sure your e-mail is up to date. In addition if you were a 2016 member and simply login to your GolfSelect account you are presented with a discounted renewal price for 2017 regular memberships upon login.

- Just to Clarify Dan's Statement. GolfSelect is run by both GolfXtra (Gatineau Office) and Corporate Golf (Ottawa Office). The GolfXtra office services all former Reservation Masters members.

Cheers,

Duff Charette
    GolfSelect / GolfXtra
    613-824-2991
    819-568-4442

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    Sorry for any confusion, but I am no longer involved. Since GS was established that is handled by the folks that ran Golf Extra in the past so I am an outsider now.
    Dan, its GolfXtra ! not Golf Extra ! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by DuffGolfXtra View Post
    Hi,

I am Duff from the GolfXtra/GolfSelect Office located in Gatineau. I just wanted to address some concerns in this thread:

- It is true that Equinelle will not be on our list of courses this year. It was the most expensive course on foot on our list and we found due to their dynamic pricing structure anyone could book a similar or better rate using the method leftylucas mentions above in this thread.

- Loch March will be is exclusive to GolfSelect this year. We have upped the number of memberships to 16 at Loch March to make up for the loss of Equinelle.

- Chieflongtee & jeffc. It was not Russian hackers, . Our security certificate was simply expried and we needed to renew it, something that was overlooked by our IT guy. It has now been fixed.

- jeffc and Leftylucas : We sent 4-5 e-mails about renewal at and early bird discounted rate before the holidays. If you did not get those e-mails I suggest you log into your GolfSelect account and check the "My Profile" Section to make sure your e-mail is up to date. In addition if you were a 2016 member and simply login to your GolfSelect account you are presented with a discounted renewal price for 2017 regular memberships upon login.

- Just to Clarify Dan's Statement. GolfSelect is run by both GolfXtra (Gatineau Office) and Corporate Golf (Ottawa Office). The GolfXtra office services all former Reservation Masters members.

Cheers,

Duff Charette
    GolfSelect / GolfXtra
    613-824-2991
    819-568-4442
    My email hasn't changed. Funny that I got a reminder today but nothing since sept. Pricing for last minute is getting up there

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    My email hasn't changed. Funny that I got a reminder today but nothing since sept. Pricing for last minute is getting up there

Hi Jeffc,

Our Last minute membership price is $85.00 after tax. Which is quite low when you compare to EG's which comes to $123.17 after tax.

Cheers,

Duff

Is there anywhere on your site a place where my password can be resent.

Login failed. Please try again.

Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Jeffc,

Our Last minute membership price is $85.00 after tax. Which is quite low when you compare to EG's which comes to $123.17 after tax.

Cheers,

Duff
    Where is your last minute membership listed on your website?
    https://golfselect.ca/en/membership/

Will you send daily deals like EG?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Is there anywhere on your site a place where my password can be resent.
    Hi Chieflongtee ,

Unfortunatly we do not have a reset password function since a lot of couples in our system use the same e-mail address, we are looking to implement that function somehow in the future. If you need your password reset please give us a call at 613-824-2991 or 819-568-4442 and I will be happy to reset it over the phone for you. I will be in the office today until 6PM.

Cheers,

Duff
    Last edited by DuffGolfXtra; 03-21-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Where is your last minute membership listed on your website?
    https://golfselect.ca/en/membership/

Will you send daily deals like EG?
    Hi Cheiflongtee,

We do not operate a "Last minute deals" like EG. Our Last minute membership simply allows to book at our discounted prices, our prices do not go lower if a course goes unbooked. We try to offer the lowest price at all times. We sometimes have deals at feature courses throughout the season which can be enjoyed by all membership types from the first day its available to be booked and not as a "Last Minute Deal".

We do not offer Last minute memberships in unlimited quantities. The chance to buy last minute memberships is currently available only to 2016 last minute members. If we have room to accommodate more members of the "Last minute" classification it will then be offered on our public site.
    Cheers,

Duff
    Last edited by DuffGolfXtra; 03-22-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Hi Jeffc,

Cheers,

Duff
    I'll only use it 5-10x a year. At $30 it was worthwhile, a $85 not as much.

Thank you Duff. I noticed the Vieux Moulins is gone. Is the course closed or there simply was not enough demand.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you Duff. I noticed the Vieux Moulins is gone. Is the course closed or there simply was not enough demand.
    We just struck a deal with them yesterday it will be re-added to the list

Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information