I'll have a new driver in the bag this year thanks to Mrs. Claus. Knowing I can be a real pest to shop for, she opted for the simple route - a gift certificate at GT. ;-)

Adding to it, my buddy just bought himself my 2014 XR driver (which I loved the feel of, but spun way too much for me), I had a good chunk of play money to take in. I brought G30LS with me, as well as my X2 Pro 3 wood, with plans of leaving with a hybrid, some balls, and perhaps a new driver (I didn't expect the 3 wood to go anywhere).

After quite some time in the cage, I walked out with my Ping, but a likely replacement for it in the bag, and a new 3w. I ended up buying a XR Pro 16 driver with the Speeder Evo II and a matching XR Pro 16 3 wood. The 3 wood was noticeably easier to hit and better feeling than the X2, and a little longer on average. The XR Pro 16 driver was definitely longer and nearly as forgiving as the Ping for me (which is why I kept the Ping too - lol), and I much prefer the sound and feel. Cool part - I have enough loot left over for a couple lessons over the winter.