Mods go easy if I am in the wrong place as I don’t post often.

I am looking for a whole new set of sticks including putter and I would like to obviously get professionally fit given the investment. That said, over the course of my last two fittings in the Ottawa area, one from a certified independent fitter with flightscope, another from an OEM rep and trackman, I came away disappointed particularly with the lack of options that the fitters presented me with. Quick example, I got fitted for soft-stepped x-100s but only hit vs S-300s and never got to hit Nippons, KBS, Project X etc…. Even though they were probably the right shaft at the time, I had nothing to compare them to outside True Temper.

For the driver, after we settled on a head, I only hit three shafts (Rogue Silver 60 - S, Rogue Black 70 S and Whiteboard S), in this case, it was actually a questionable choice and after a solid season comparing, the new driver and shaft nominally improved dispersion but was consistently shorter than my previous gamer (I will gladly sacrifice some distance for accuracy, but not by that much with almost identical ball speeds and spin, the issue was trajectory). I was disappointed that I never got to hit a Rogue Silver 125 or try Tour Green, R.I.P, Graphite Design models, Fujikura models, Oban models, Matrik, etc… when those may have been options worth at least exploring. In fact, I was surprised that as a highly regarded and popular OEM fitter, he did not seem to have most of those available. It is also an adjustable driver and I was surprised that there was not even an attempt to play with the settings to better fit my swing. Moreover, in what was supposed to be a complete process, I never had my hands measured, or height taken, etc… I was simply told that I am stock length, lie and grip. We never discussed gaps to my wedges… Point made.

Now I understand that many here rave about certain fitters on this board (Don and Les?) and I am happy to take your advice and contact them; however, no matter how much I know that custom products such as Miura and even KZG rival the most high end OEM models in quality and design but I am still very much a fan of OEM clubs and would not consider anything but.

So, in sum, do you have any recommendations on an experienced fitter that could provide me with the full custom experience, particularly for shaft selection with OEM heads rather than those licensed through specialty shops (i.e. KZG, Maltby, Miura, etc…)? I am also looking forward to try a wide range of putters including Bettinardi and Scottys…

If you have any questions do not hesitate.

Cheers