CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Cowabunga is on a distinguished road

Definitive Optishot Driver Tape Thread

Do we have a definitive answer yet on the proper way to get a driver to be read/calibrated? I know many have mentioned reflective tape, but do we have an answer as the best way to tape it? Is it along the bottom? Club face? Along bottom then wrapping up to club face? I've seen others tape the driver black and then add a couple strips of white or reflective tape.

I thought it might be helpful if we could figure out what works the best for future posters.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I see you have not received any responses. I am a P3proswing user, but have had friends with Optishots, although they have all moved on to other simulators. I found the P3proswing tape configuration worked well with Optishot, but my friends tended to use a white strip of paper, I think they used address labels, about a half inch wide. It seems to me one of them used the length of the grooves and one used the length of the club face. Both produced reasonable and consistent results.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road

Aluminum duct tape

I've had an Optishot for several years, and love it. Some clubs (my friends) need to tape the bottom of thier clubs if they are black, gray, etc. Some strips cut from a roll of shiny aluminum tape used for sealing cracks on ventilation systems works well. I cut a strip 1/2 to 1 inc wide and align it on the bottom of the club, in direct parallel to the club face. It's worked very well. Regular "duct tape" is gray, not durable, and doesn't work as well.

I also use a low wattage CFL light to illuminate the hitting area, keeping the rest of the room dark.

Good luck, and enjoy the heck out of the system! It's a good one.

8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    I have used various tapes over the last several years...grey duct tape, aluminum tape, white electrical tape, no tape. I have settled on regular white electrical tape and have no issues at all.

Following are some things critical to getting good results:

1. Lighting....Make sure you are using only CFLs or LEDs for any lighting. Overhead is the best. I also use the 2 lamps with LEDs directly shining on each row of sensors. This procludes shadows from interfering with readings.

2. Taping....I tape all of my clubs, not just the driver. I use a single strip of white electrical tape on the bottom of each of my clubs. For my driver and fairway woods, I also cover the bottom with black tape prior to placing the white strip.

3. Calibration....I use the Optishot calibration feature on all of my clubs. When calibrating, use a smooth slow motion. Basically, a low slow putting motion with every club.

Putter Cowabunga is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

Ended up going with Gaffer tape on the whole club bottom then a strip of white electrical tape. So far, so good!

Par tyorke1 is on a distinguished road
    SILVER ELECTRICAL TAPE , also we have a cleveland launcher and it is perfect,

Thread Information