100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chronogolf

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar

Chronogolf

Does anyone on here (as either a user, or as course management using it as your point of sale system) have any experience with Chronogolf? Just looking for honest feedback. I see several courses in the Ottawa Gatineau region are already on there.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    They use Chronogolf at Greensmere and it's ok. They change the booking system a little too often for my liking though, and the last iteration this season made it more difficult to book from the tee sheet.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Pine View uses it. I hate it as a user and I know that the counter staff have great difficulty with it due to limitations wrt booking mgmt.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Its a bit of a pain but no more than some other booking systems. My biggest issue is I can't use it from my work (gov) computer.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    I like it. The member's tee sheet allows you to see when other members (typically faster) are playing and when public players (typically slower) have tee-times and to book accordingly. It also gives member names so you can book around the few slower members or members who are having a match or book with another twosome that you know. It is inconvenient that I can't book from gov computer but I can easily on my IPhone or I-pad.
    It seems the staff at Greensmere are able to look up and change things in the clubhouse rather easily.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

2 Iron cobra613 is on a distinguished road
    it was great when I lived in Aylmer as they had some nice deals at Cartier. Aside from that, the selection isn't the greatest unless youre willing to drive 45-1 hour from downtown ottawa.

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road
    It's easier for management because they can have access anywhere to complete their draw. With other system you need to be on site to have access to those options. Being able to do changes or other management functions from anywhere is a plus for management.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    I like it except....... when they request a fee to book teetime

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    It's ok but last summer I was booked 4 times at the Pineview by some guy I never hard off. I wrote Chrono them and they told me to check my password. I don't think it had anything to do with my password
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    It's ok but last summer I was booked 4 times at the Pineview by some guy I never hard off. I wrote Chrono them and they told me to check my password. I don't think it had anything to do with my password
    One of the interesting features of the program I saw in the presentation I was given was the ability to invite other golfers from other courses into your foursome. Maybe this is what happened?
    Andrew

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Don't think that's what happened. Here is a copy(I've scratched off the names)
    Tee Time Reservation Confirmation

Hello ......
    The proshop has reserved a tee-time for you with the following details:

Reservation #1766250
    09:24 AM
    Jun 28, 2016
    Championship
    Round of golf (18 holes) 0 carts

Your receipt :
    Subtotal :
    $37.00

HST :
    $4.81

Amount due at golf :
    $41.81
    Payment Policy
    The total amount (if any) due less any discounts will be due at the golf course. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your tee time.
    Cancellation Policy
    If a cancellation is made 24 hours before please feel free to do so online. Within 24 hours, or the day of, please call to cancel.
    Cancellations made within 30 minutes of your tee time will be considered a “No Show”. A record of No Shows will be kept.

Please note that you are contracting with the golf club in respect of your reservation, and not with Chronogolf.ca. Chronogolf.ca is facilitating your contract with the golf club through use of its booking system
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

That sure doesn't look like an invitation from another user. Looks like you're a bit tight on the 24 hours cancellation notice Andre!
    Andrew

Thread Information