100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Scores

3 Iron kewarken is on a distinguished road
    I've been playing for two years now and have only broken 100 twice. 95 at Metcalfe and 99 at Irish Hills. Need to start doing that more often.

cheers,

Kris

3 Iron ros_bif is on a distinguished road ros_bif's Avatar
    74 (+3) @ manderley on south central last august...

this year a 76 (+4) on central north @ manderley.

best 9 was a 35 (-1) on manderley's central.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    89 at Cloverdale about a month ago. I don't think I've hit a single wedge from 50 yeards in that wasn't topped or skulled to some degree, yet most of them magically found their way to the green

Now, if I could only do that at OGT events...

Krolik.

Putter kro is on a distinguished road
    This is my first year golfing and I am proud of my 94 at Gus Wortham Park Golf Course (Houston,TX municipal course).

I also shot a 98 at Brock Park Golf Course (another Houston municipal course).

These scores were both played with my father-in-law's golf clubs that he had when he was in college 30+ years ago (Spalding irons and Ben Hogan woods, that are actually made out of wood). I can't hit that driver so those scores were with 3-iron shots off the tees.

I just bought a driver last night and I've got new irons that should be delivered in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this can drop my best scores by a few strokes.

(I'm moving to Ottawa in mid-July and i look forward to trying some of the local courses.)

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kro
    This is my first year golfing and I am proud of my 94 at Gus Wortham Park Golf Course (Houston,TX municipal course).

I also shot a 98 at Brock Park Golf Course (another Houston municipal course).

These scores were both played with my father-in-law's golf clubs that he had when he was in college 30+ years ago (Spalding irons and Ben Hogan woods, that are actually made out of wood). I can't hit that driver so those scores were with 3-iron shots off the tees.

I just bought a driver last night and I've got new irons that should be delivered in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this can drop my best scores by a few strokes.

(I'm moving to Ottawa in mid-July and i look forward to trying some of the local courses.)
    I don't know about the courses in Houston, but per capita (I think) the Ottawa region has the second most courses in N.A, second to Myrtle Beach, so I think you will be pleased by the move. However, the winter is a different story.

3 Wood jimrobin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    58 at Eagle Creek from the Tips on a really windy day, the thing that makes it amazing is the fact that i played with my 5/7/9 irons and a putter.......
    58 - @ Eagle, from the tips on a really windy day with 4 clubs.
    That plays just under 7100 yards. I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe.

As for myself.
    71 (-1) Glengarry (Alexandria)

72 (E) Cloverdale - with a 9 on the 1st hole.
    I guess the nine relaxed me for the rest of the round.

King Hawk Sphere Hunter is on a distinguished road Sphere Hunter's Avatar
    I am great for nine holes and usually mess up the other nine.
    My Best nine hole score is 30 (6 under) on the front nine at Greensmere, 31 (6 under on the back nine at the Canadian.

I once shot 59 (not sure what par is but it's around 64) at the Blue Heron in Lanark (9 hole course) which included breaking the course record which at the time was 28. I shot 27 on the first nine and 32 the second time around for 59. Seemed easy at the time. They have a par four there that is about 145 yards. Back then, you couldn't get to the green because of trees. But after the ice storm a few years ago, you can now hit that green with a wedge.

Blue Heron is a beauty! If you get the chance, play it. Short, well kept pretty course.

SH

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar

Good lord

I'm sorry but if you don't get that the 58's a joke, your not too swift.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Next time you might consider using one of these:

Normally I would let it slide, but before you accuse someone of being "not too swift", you might want to use correct grammar, as in: "you're not too swift"

...touche

Fairway Junkie sharkshooter is on a distinguished road sharkshooter's Avatar
    89 at Hammond - I've done it twice there, but never broken 90 anywhere else. If only I could get out more than 6-8 times a year.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    My best:

73 Greensmere
    74 Irish Hills original 18
    74 The Meadows East/North

78 In the OVGA Mid-Amateur
    78 Deep River Intersectionals for 5 points. I was a 12 playing against two 6's and an 8.

....and a 96
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Overall we have more courses, but the conditions aren't as good...this year is hellish. The season is short too: May (barely) to October.

Thanks

Thanks for the english lesson Shivas i'll take it into account next time i'm making a post.

72 Divots

Smile

69 (-3) at the Meadows (North/West) and 68 (-2) at Poplar Grove (Red/White course). Those were the days!!!

514_type r
    so far this year my best score is a 77 at l'ile de montréal the south course (links)...not bad considereing the course is really hard and have a slope of 135

my goal for this year is to play under 75 and always play 79 or better

Putter kro is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfpeasant
    Overall we have more courses, but the conditions aren't as good...this year is hellish. The season is short too: May (barely) to October.
    Your season may be shorter, but during the summer (May-September) we can only tee off before 8am or after 4pm as it is too unbearable due to the heat. I'm looking forward to golfing in weather where I don't need to change my shirt every 9 holes.

3 Wood jimrobin is on a distinguished road

Well I knew you were full of sh*t.
    I just thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

Putter hfinch is on a distinguished road
    My best score was an 80 in 2002 during a trip to Ireland. The closest I've come since is a couple of 82's. I generally shoot about 90. The thing about the 80 was that I screwed up my best chance to get into the 70's with a nine on one of the par 4's. Other than that a great day.

3 Wood jet84 is on a distinguished road
    79 at Pakenham.

514_type r
    update

i shot 74 (2 over par) at club de golf le drummond de st-majorique, a nice 6805 yards course, 131 slope!! Made 4 birdies in which 2 of the were tap in

one of the par 5 mesured 620yards!! How is it possible to reach this type of yardage in 2??

imagine a 290 yards drive and a 265 yards 3 woods left me short of the hole!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

The Nation

This past saturday, I went to the Nation and the rain stopped right before I started playing. I shot a 78 from the tips, my best score and only my 4th score in the 70s but 2 in the last 2 weeks!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Sand Wedge charronja is on a distinguished road
    71 (-1) at Gowan Brae in Bathurst, New Brunswick, my only score under par. I was 18 at the time and it was the first summer that I did not have to work. I practiced my ass off and got down to a 4 hdcp, but I'm nowhere near that now. Maybe a 12-14 hdcp, which isn't bad.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charronja
    71 (-1) at Gowan Brae in Bathurst, New Brunswick, my only score under par. I was 18 at the time and it was the first summer that I did not have to work. I practiced my ass off and got down to a 4 hdcp, but I'm nowhere near that now. Maybe a 12-14 hdcp, which isn't bad.
    You've made my morning. Your note reminded me of how much fun I had playing (not too successfully) in the NB Amateur at Gowan Brae. What a wonderful course and what great people. I also used to occasionally play there with a friend of mine, Aurelle Hachey. Man could he and the rest of the family play golf. Ah, the memories ...

Sand Wedge charronja is on a distinguished road
    MPare. I played in the NB Junior Championships there! Unfortunately that's not when I shot 71 though. I can't remember the exact year. I would have been around 1981-84, I think.

P.S. I'm originally from Edmundston.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charronja
    MPare. I played in the NB Junior Championships there! Unfortunately that's not when I shot 71 though. I can't remember the exact year. I would have been around 1981-84, I think.

P.S. I'm originally from Edmundston.
    I can't recall the year that I played in the Amateur there, but it would have been prior to 1988. The hole that played the toughest was a par 3 (should have been a par 4!) with the ocean on the right. I seem to recall that the hole was on the back nine, probably around 16 or 17. One day the wind was blowing so hard, we hit drivers off the tee. What a nightmare. I made 4 and was ecstatic.

MPare

P.S. And I used to live in Sackville.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    My personal best score was a 65 at seven springs golf club. I was thrilled!!! this from someone that putts like Stevie Wonder on one of his bad days. It also helped that it happened during a league round.

3 Iron fmanning is on a distinguished road fmanning's Avatar
    Personal best was back in the Spring of 1999. I shot a 61 at Port Hope Golf & Country Club (Par 66, 4802 Yards). The yardage & the par make it seem like it's an easy course...but it's far from easy.

I went to Trinity College School in Port Hope for my last 3 years of High School, and Port Hope G&CC was the home course for my high school team. It's short because the course is on a surprisingly small plot of land...but there's no shortage of tough holes. Everything was on that day...and I even had a bogey on one of the par 3's.

Apparently I was 2 strokes off the course record (59)

bbad
    Your season may be shorter, but during the summer (May-September) we can only tee off before 8am or after 4pm as it is too unbearable due to the heat. I'm looking forward to golfing in weather where I don't need to change my shirt every 9 holes.
    Wait till you try golfing when the snow is flying All I can say is, DON'T HIT IT THIN!!!!!!!!!!!

73 Les Vieux Moulins

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    My lowest score is 83 at Mountain Creek but best score figuring in course difficulty likely is Upper Canada with an 85. I'm on pace to obliterate those this year I think, but we'll see!!!
    Yep - managed to shoot a 79 this past weekend. Here's hoping I can post another update later in the summer!

Thread Information