100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Best Scores

Hybrid Riddell is on a distinguished road
    71 and carleton, 72 at glengarry. Im just a junior though!

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddell
    71 and carleton, 72 at glengarry. Im just a junior though!
    There is nothing junior about those scores. Well done.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Lob Wedge rgosselincga is on a distinguished road
    78 at Packenham Island and Canyon combo.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    This is a very strange game, indeed. When you least expect it, the golf gods touch you on the shoulder and magic happens. On Monday I shot 67, one of my best rounds in a long time. Admittedly, the tees were in the forward position at Greensmere, but the satisfaction of hitting good shots remains. 13 pars and 5 birdies. Someone has to explain to me why it is that we seem to shoot good rounds as the season is ending. My suspicion is that it is because the conditions simply don't permit you to bang it out with all your might. Therefore, one concentrates on simply making good swings. With the exception of two swings yesterday, each was good to very good. It certainly helps when the ball is rolling into the cup like it had eyes. And lastly, playing for a bit of cash with friends helps to focus one's attention.

Here's hoping that the season has not ended. Maybe the magic will still be there next weekend.
    Last edited by mpare; 11-14-2006 at 06:36 AM.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    well done Michael! It must have been all the practice we gave you on Sunday! Congrats.

Thanks, Jeff. It must have been the practice. The funny thing is that I was just as keen to play well on Sunday when we played, but it just wasn't happening. One day later, I'm 10 strokes better than the day before. It is a weird, wonderful and unpredictable game.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    well done Michael! It must have been all the practice we gave you on Sunday! Congrats.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Nice round of golf Michael. Regardless of where the tees were, you still had to hit quality golf shots to score. To shoot the score you did yesterday in cool tempatures is something to be proud of.

Much like my 73 yesterday. I was playing the forward tees. I play those tees when I play with one of my friends. He is a short hitter, so that is why we play the shorter tees. However with the course being so wet there is no roll. So it makes the course play longer than normal. In order to score on any length of course you have to hit quality golf shots.

Could I have shot that score on a 6700-7000 yard course? I doubt it. But I am not a PRO , I should not be playing that length of course.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

73 - very nice and tidy. Well done. I bet you left the course with a smile on your face.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    This is a very strange game, indeed. When you least expect it, the golf gods touch you on the shoulder and magic happens. On Monday I shot 67, one of my best rounds in a long time.
    Considering the lumpy guys you were playing with, this is an exceptional score. Well done. This is something the young bucks here have to look forward to when their golf game matures. Sadly, or gladly, we are getting closer to shooting our age with every passing year.

Interestingly, I matched your 67 in a round last week, hitting 15 greens and having 28 putts. The next day I again hit 15 greens but had 35 putts for 74, which again proves that to score one has to putt well. With so many golfers spending so much time and money on new woods and irons, perhaps more consideration for what is truly important, would pay better dividends.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Nice round Michael. I am glad I didn't see you play that way on sunday you would have taken us all for a bunch of cash .... Congrats great round.
    Last edited by Pinshark; 11-14-2006 at 09:05 AM. Reason: sp
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    On Monday I shot 67, one of my best rounds in a long time. Admittedly, the tees were in the forward position at Greensmere,
    Well done Mike. That calls for celeberation on Saturday
    I think the golf gods touched you on that crazy saturday couple of weeks ago when the wind was blowing the hardest ever and you shot 79 .

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Had my best of the year at Greensmere on Friday of last week. 74, a good way to end the season if that's it. Now if i could just string together two good nines.....

Thread Information