Played, what I assume will be, my final round this season today. Given the cold weather, I decided to play from the white tees (approximately 6,000 yards). I'm going to make this really short - I had a great time! I shot a 76 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I wasn't looking for balls and had a number of great looks at birdie. This is the third time I've played from the white tees this season (my three last rounds) and the results were all the same. Look, I'm not telling anyone what to do. To each their own. But, as the season closes, maybe it's something for some to consider. I play with guys all the time who struggle to break 85 from the blue tees and leave the course pissed right off. Why not play the whites and maybe break 80? I seldom play the gold tees (7,000 yards) for this very reason. It's just asking me to punch beyond my weight class and I seldom come out feeling satisfied. I play the same course so I pretty much know what tees are appropriate on home turf, but when I travel I look at the card and pay special attention to the par 3's. Others might elvaute based on different metrics, but I know my yardages and don't enjoy hitting driver then 3 wood into par fours.

In any event, I've run on long enough. I just want to leave a little food for thought and hope everyone enjoys the offseason. I think choosing the right tees will help improve pace of play and it should make the game more enjoyable.