Quote Originally Posted by mizzyboy View Post
That's my plan for sure - probably early December. How was it playing out of that mat? Aside from St. Andrews were the other courses accessible/playable as well? What if you don't have an official handicap since you don't play club golf but keep track of it via an app (Golfshot, etc.)
The mat was a bit of a pain but not that big a deal (its not like I hit from the fairway all the time!). St-Andrew's was the only course I played but others were open. Their main concern was that you had a handicap under 20 so you would not be hacking up the golf course - if you had a printout of your scores showing a handicap under 20 then I think you would be fine.

What are the temperatures like that time of year? Just slightly warmer than Ottawa right?
Yes, as you can see in the photo I'm wearing a long-sleeve golf shirt and a fleece vest even though it is a sunny day - pretty much what I wear at this time of year playing in Ottawa.

Also where did you fly in from and any recommendations for lodging?
I landed in Edinburgh via London and stayed with relatives about 20 minutes from St-Andrews.