CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar

What do you guys think?

Ok I played 36 holes on Saturday in Toronto... It was sooo hot. We played the first 18 at Eagles Nest and teed of at 7:40. The carts there have coolers on them. When you get your cart it is full of ice and has two free water in it... Great. And during the round a guy even came buy to refill our coolers!! Oh yeah and what a golf course!! My new favorite... Only bad thing is its 175 bucks to play. (Good thing I went to school with a guy in the proshop and played for free). Anyway... In the afternoon we played Thornhill. Teed of at 3. By this time it was sooo hot. I played with another buddy from school who works in the proshop there. (again for free!!) My problem is because I am a guest and my buddy is an employee and not a member we were not allowed in the clubhouse or to buy anything from the beverage cart!!! I can't understand on a day like that how they can get away with this... I understand it is a private club, but on a day like that people can become ill if not properly hidrated..... What are your thoughts........Cheers!

Caddy jmr73 is on a distinguished road jmr73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron
    What are your thoughts........
    I think you are pretty lucky to have those friends

I guess the course and the cart girls only deal with accounts/bar tabs so they don't need to worry about cash sales. Or is it possible that they only have the liscensing to deal with sales to members and not the public?...is there a difference.

I am surprised they would not allow employees to have a bar tab. I can understand not being allowed in the clubhouse but the beer cart?? I guess your situation (with no member) would not be that common but they should make exceptions. At the very least, your buddy should have known about the situation so you could be prepared and brought some extra water.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron
    What are your thoughts........Cheers!
    Come prepared. If you're playing for free, AT A PRIVATE COURSE, and knew the clubhouse rule, than bring stacks of water.

If you didn't know the rule, or your buddy didn't, why not race out and grab some water at a local store?

Personally, I think "Wow, you're taking a chance playing on such a hot day anyway". It's very hard to stay hydrated no matter how much water is available, so it's buyer beware in my opinion.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    Wow! you played two very nice, expensive golf courses for free and you are complaining about not being able to buy water!!!!!

There's no pleasing some people.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Well I don't wanna die there Hank Hill............On a day like saturday you have to stay hydrated.... My friedn was able to buy stuff at the halfway house... However the members actually voted down a motion to allow employees to buy stuff from the beer cart... Anyway I am not complaining, I just was suprised.....Goes to show you how swanky of a place it is... Nice golf course btw...

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar
    You are a lucky man scotty, damn you .

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    The cart girls do not have any cash on them, therefore can't sell you anything, they only deal with tabs. Your situation is isolated in that golf course owner's eyes and probably not worth changing their ways for a few people. But I agree, the emplyees should be allowed to have tabs.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Gap Wedge redgun22 is on a distinguished road
    Did they not have water jugs on the course? Most private courses don't have to deal with the liability issue of providing free water in jugs throughout the course, so you get your old-fashioned ice-chilled water in a paper cup every few holes.

Thread Information