CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Does my 3 5 7 have to match?

I know the woods don't really have to match but should they all atleast be the same head material? I have a the ADAMs RPM driver and three wood. They are both Titanium heads but I'm looking at getting a 5 and a 7 wood as well but they are steel. I'm sure I can get them in tituamium but I'm getting a deal on the steel. Would this work against me in anyway?

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Nope. Well, at least mine don't match and it doesn't bother me...
    I like my irons and wedges to match but I think you can get away with different model and head material drivers and fairway woods as long as your club-to-club distances are consistent and you are comfortable hitting them.

Andru
    No you do not

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I know the woods don't really have to match but should they all atleast be the same head material? I have a the ADAMs RPM driver and three wood. They are both Titanium heads but I'm looking at getting a 5 and a 7 wood as well but they are steel. I'm sure I can get them in tituamium but I'm getting a deal on the steel. Would this work against me in anyway?

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Yes they do, if they don't, it's a 2 stroke penalty and you must buy beer for your group
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    Yes they do, if they don't, it's a 2 stroke penalty and you must buy beer for your group
    Only if they don't match your hat and your shirt.

"Richard"
    actually another question (this is actually more what I wanted to ask in the first place). I have a 3 wood, then a TM utitlity 19* and then a 3 iron. I am switching from 3 iron to 7 wood for sure... so does it make sense to keep the TM rescue that is the smae loft as a 5 wood? Because it would be like wood, iron, wood, iron (3w, utility, 7w, 4 iron).

Or should I just keep it simple and go 3, 5, 7 woods and then 4 iron?

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    actually another question (this is actually more what I wanted to ask in the first place). I have a 3 wood, then a TM utitlity 19* and then a 3 iron. I am switching from 3 iron to 7 wood for sure... so does it make sense to keep the TM rescue that is the smae loft as a 5 wood? Because it would be like wood, iron, wood, iron (3w, utility, 7w, 4 iron).

Or should I just keep it simple and go 3, 5, 7 woods and then 4 iron?
    There is no reason for your clubs to match in any way. Clubs are just tools to enable you to make shots. You keep the clubs that enable you to make the shots you are typically faced with.

If your TM rescue club can be used for shots that you would find more difficult to make with a 5-wood, then keep it. If you would prefer to make those shots with a 5-wood (or if you are more commonly faced with other shots that are easier to make with a 5-wood), then ditch the rescue club and go with a fairway wood. That is what makes sense.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Ty Webb
    I agree totally with El tigre. Use the clubs that you feel most comfortable with and allow you to strike the ball best. That's what headcovers are for! My wife may disagree with that. Everything has to match.

Competitor challengegolf is on a distinguished road challengegolf's Avatar

matching

I went to Driver and 4 woods and use Hogan CFT hybrid 3-5 and 5 irons to PW so whatever feels good to you is all that matters like Tigre said. I find that a 4 wood is easier to hit in the fairway compared to a 3 wood and by going the 4 wood way you can get ride of your 3 and 5 woods as you can always choke the 4 to get the 5's distance and that gives you room for an extra club.
    Thanks
    Claude

Thread Information