100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spectators.

Competitor Hank Hill is on a distinguished road Hank Hill's Avatar

Spectators.

Just interested. Is any one else here sick of unoriginal golf spectators at the televised PGA events shouting "get in the hole" after every golf shot they watch. I mean it's a fair enough shout if someone has chipped on and the ball is tracking towards the cup, but when someone (usually Tiger) is hitting a 120 yard shot, what's with that. I even heard someone shout it when Tiger was teeing off on a par 5.

Is it so that if by fluke it does go in they can tell their friend that they helped by willing the ball into the hole?

Am I alone in this?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    It's the same guy each time. He won a fivolous lawsuit in the States, and now spends his time yelling out random "get in the hole" at all major golf events.... Even see him at Nationwide events some times... One of the course officials should tape his yap shut...

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    What is the corrilation between him winning a frivilous lawsuit and his need to yell get in the hole after someone tee's off a 560 yard par 5?

Or is this just one of those many quirks that our friendly neighbours to the South have, that we don't question, we just accept it because they've got the nukes?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Could it be he has too much money and nothing better to do?

That is, if he exists at all.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio
    What is the corrilation between him winning a frivilous lawsuit and his need to yell get in the hole after someone tee's off a 560 yard par 5?

Or is this just one of those many quirks that our friendly neighbours to the South have, that we don't question, we just accept it because they've got the nukes?
    Was more of a statement about the fact that at EVERY event, it sounds like the same guy.... Same pitch of voice, same intonation, same everything. I just imagine it as one guy flying all around the world just to yell that crap on TV....

dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Like the John 3:16 guy with the rainbow wig from the 80's.....
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Whatever happened to Mr. Rainbow? At least he was quiet...

But sometimes pictures say louder than words

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    I think he passed away a couple of years ago. I can't remember what the circumstances were. It was in all the sports news for the day, anyway. I wouldn't know what to google to find him, though.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

Thread Information