100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    And this from the guy who wanted a Titleist bag to match his clubs.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
    But my main post was to trade golf equipment, the matching my clubs was humour.

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank

You don't have to have the newest, trendiest, most expensive stuff either. Just keep it fresh looking.
    So fresh and so clean

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    See who's wearing Sphere this weekend at the Memorial?
    Nike has this new attire that changes with the temperature/conditions. Will the PGA tour players like Tiger be matching there hats with there shirts. We'll see ove rthe weekend.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i always felt that you should have matching hat/belt/shoes!!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmr73
    I was actually at a course once and the starter/marshall told one of the guys I was playing with to tuck his shirt in. It was funny too since it was a cow pasture of a course. The only times I have ever seen courses give someone a hard time for their attire is on the crappy courses.
    I was at a work tournament playing Tecumseh and the starter told me and one of the girls in my group to tuck in our shirts...I thought he was kidding at first but he was serious.

If wearing pants, I tuck in my shirt. If shorts, untuck. Belts and tucked-in shirts while wearing shorts just seem wrong. I usually wear a crappy hat cause I end up covering it in bug juice.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I know its a strange question to be asking but I really like to dress nice where ever I go... even golf. Should the golf hat match the color of the shirt? How does it usually work? Would it look dumb? I never really paid atention or worried about this until I bought 2 ping hats from GT yesterday.
    I find that depending on the colours involved, matching hat and shirt can make you look like a fast-food employee. Personally I don't bother worrying about it, as nobody is going to take any important photos of me while I'm hacking up the course...

The whole issue seems to boil down to personal preference. If you're single and want to pick up a hefty woman, dress nice on the course!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    Hat, Belt and Shoes should match.

And in regards to picking up cart girls, if they actually date someone they met on the course, then they are sleazy... But if you think that you are so unique from the hundreds of guys they see everyday who try to pick them up, then all the power!

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adska
    And in regards to picking up cart girls, if they actually date someone they met on the course, then they are sleazy..
    ....Gee, I guess I'm sleazy!!

Can't complain though. They are (mostly) good looking, nice tans, and they don't complain when they bring you your beer!!

I guess being a "sleaze" is a good thing!

The funniest part of this question is that people are saying "I look sharp" and stuff like that...

For the most part, I find golf attire to be some of the ugliest clothing you can buy. The only stuff I will actually wear is the most non-descript stuff... Does it match? NO. Do I care? NO.

I'm not single, but even when I was, clothing was always very secondary. If someone judges you by that, then they're shallow idiots...

And Shtick - Didn't she pick YOU up? That changes everything...

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    And Shtick - Didn't she pick YOU up? That changes everything...

Must've been the hat that attracted her!!

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Usually I would really object to catching up to an 8-some on my course but there are obviously exceptions.
    Too bad they haven't got different coloured hats on so we could critque their fashion sense.

Personally, I think any guy wearing red shorts and a red hat looks so COOL.

I'm sure most of them would agree with my thoughts..........

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    The red shorts are in a class by themselves. Someday I'll wear my plus 4's to an event, or not.

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    I was talking about the girls. If cart girls date golfers they met, that reeks of class....

I was talking about the girls. If cart girls date golfers they met, that reeks of class....
    I'm engaged to a cart girl buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shtick
    I'm engaged to a cart girl buddy.
    Uh-oh.... ADSKA or whatever put his foot in his mouth... Want some salt or maybe some ketchup? I just hope he didn't walk a full 18 before posting his comments...

Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I'm just happy if my socks match
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Broken 27. How many golf courses in Tcheckoslovakia. You guys produce some mighty good tennis players such as Ivan and Martina. How did you guys do it? Anyway Ivan is a pretty good golfer too.
    http://www.geocities.com/ivan_lendl_golf/

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Broken 27. How many golf courses in Tcheckoslovakia. You guys produce some mighty good tennis players such as Ivan and Martina. How did you guys do it? Anyway Ivan is a pretty good golfer too.
    http://www.geocities.com/ivan_lendl_golf/
    Well, I don't know how many there were in the former Czechoslovakia, but in the present day Czech Republic, but here is a link with a starting list of our courses.

Alex Cejka had the choice to play under the Czech flag, but (spits on the floor) he decided to play for Germany.

I'm sure that tennis and golf are very complimentary sports. I only play tennis for fun while drinkin' beer... Soccer is the big thing over there now. We're #2 in the world according to FIFA, second only to Brazil (which is near impossible to pass at this point without a head-to-head meeting in the World Cup).

Cheers,
    Dan

PS - None of our stuff matches...

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    S happens. As Canadians we never had great tennis players. When we got one he moved to England.His father mortgaged the house to get him to where he is too now.He grew up in Montreal. http://freespace.virgin.net/greg.rusedski/Dec4.htm

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Matching Hats

I am no fashion guru but I try to come close to matching my hat with the pants/shorts I am wearing. Say, black hat, white shirt, (ALWAYS TUCKED IN) and black shorts with below the ankle black socks, white/black saddle Bite shoes.
    My hats are clean, once they get sweat marks on them they are no longer worn while golfing. I know guys who wear one hat all season, and by mid July it is disgusting.

Most important issue in my books, (as others posted) is look clean, and neat. Wrinkled shirts/shorts do not look classy. Dress like a pro, maybe you'll play better.

As for the Golf Channels Fashion Guru, Marty Hackell, I would not want that guy picking out my clothing! I am 49 years old and the funkiest golf shirt I have is a Tommy Bahama print shirt.

Be neat, be clean and most importantly PLAY FAST
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    But number one is physical right? SO why bother with the rest.
    Actually, there are TONS of guys (I'm sure you've seen them) that do NOT possess good looks, but are with good looking women, because they possess far more than physical attraction. They are artists, musicians, conversationalists, intelligencia, comedians, athletes, rich or have various other attributes. This you learn with age.

We're lucky, as men, because women don't ALWAYS search out a mate based on looks, but MOST MEN do.

Yes, if you posess physical beauty, you're job is a lot easier, but its not the only route (and often not the lasting one, not that matters to you at your age). Looks fade, but skillful abilities (like being charming) do not.

And that sleazy issue is silly. What then is the proper place to meet people? Church? There is no right or wrong way to meet other people, in my opinion.

Pitching Wedge Twisting is on a distinguished road
    I don't have much of a problem dressing well on the course, but something I've done for fun is dressing my character on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 (Game Cube, other systems too).

You can create a character to look like yourself and they have thousands of apparel items that actually exist (most of them). Anyway, you can try outfitting your character in different clothes to see how he/she looks and it might give you an idea of what to look for when choosing your attire for the course

Hybrid oldmaninblack is on a distinguished road
    I have no fashion sense but I always try to look neet and clean (at the start of the round anyway)

If you see a guy wearing a black shirt, black long pants, black belt and black socks when the temperature is 44 it's either me or Gary Player.

I'm solar powered, I figure the black absorbs energy which I can then transfer to my driver. Actually I think it helps keep my back loose.

A good beer cart girl is like anyone else in then service industry:
    -unfailingly friendly to everyone
    -able to ignore comments that go over the line
    If she chooses to go out with someone she meets on the golf course, that's her business and doesn't reflect anything bad on her character.

Pitching Wedge Twisting is on a distinguished road
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    I know its a strange question to be asking but I really like to dress nice where ever I go... even golf. Should the golf hat match the color of the shirt? How does it usually work? Would it look dumb? I never really paid atention or worried about this until I bought 2 ping hats from GT yesterday.
    This is a never ending post and I find it hilarious that it has received so much feedback!

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Get the Beer Cart girl's view on things. www.teetimegirl.com

"Richard"
    man,I would have to drink about 10 beers to find her atractive

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    You go ahead and drink 10 beers, that way you pass out and I can have her! I find her attractive.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Yes, but how many would she have to drink to feel the same? Maybe she likes hats.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    Wow, you wrote at 2:29 am! Early tee time?
    Hope you're matching today

Thread Information