100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

Best player you've ever played with?

Throughout the years that I've been golfing I've played with a lot of good players. I played with the 2nd ranked junior in Quebec (16 in Canada) and numerous others, but the best player I've ever played with was a kid in Florida. I joined up with him at a course in Florida on the 16th hole a 380 yard par 4. I hadn't seen him hit the ball yet, so he pulls out his driver and hit the ball. I lost sight of it in the air. And if any of you have ever seen the Pro's play live you know what I mean when they hit there drive, you can't see it. I couldn't believe what I saw this kids ball landed about 5 yards from the green! Yeah 370 yard drive. So I was like O.K he can hit it a mile but can he putt or does heh have a short game? Well on the 18th hole another par 4 he hit his tee shot a little right into some trees. I hit a good drive down the middle and I was proud of myself because I wanted to compete with him because he birdied 16, 17 a par 5 he hit driver 9 iron birdie and so on 18 I had the advantage because he was in the woods. So what he did was punch out onto the green and made a 15 footer for another bird. Then 2 years ago I was down in Florida and I saw him and joined with him at another course, it was Chi Chi Rodriguez course and this kid worked there. Anyway same ol thing, driving it about 100 yards past me. There is a 270 yard par 4 in which you can try to carry the water and go for the green or play it safe to the right. He hit his 4 iron over the water just landing of the green. A 4 iron! I asked some people who also work there about this guy. His name is Steve Monroe and apparently that 270 yard par 4? He's aced it twice (4 iron, 5 iron). He also missed the national long drive competition in Orlando by 3 yards and supposedly Chi Chi was going to sponsor him, but didn't because I guess Steve got into some trouble with the law. Last year I went down and went to Chi Chi's course to see if he was still there. They said he works at the airport. Oh yeah he also shot the course record at Chi Chi's course. 11 under 59. Any of you play with some memeroble palyers?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    My good buddy Scott who plays to about a -1, and a kid named Matt McQuillan who's a regular on the Canadian Tour. He probably plays to a -3 or lower now.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Warren Sye - Former Canadian Amateur champion

6 Iron golfngord is on a distinguished road
    Scotts pretty good but Matt will beat him by 7 every day.Played with both and Matt is the real deal.Played 6 rounds with Matt last fall,he was never worse than 5 under.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    My good buddy Scott who plays to about a -1, and a kid named Matt McQuillan who's a regular on the Canadian Tour. He probably plays to a -3 or lower now.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Played with Lee Curry I am sure most of you know who he is....Great player

Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar
    Played with Carl Desjardins (assistant pro at Casselview a few years ago) - he's now on of the most regular guys on the Quebec PGA tour - he wins a good share of tournaments. He also plays the Canadian tour once in a while and played in the Wichita Open last year (1st PGA tour event I think) - Played 1 under, missed cut

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBallHitter
    Played with Carl Desjardins (assistant pro at Casselview a few years ago) - he's now on of the most regular guys on the Quebec PGA tour - he wins a good share of tournaments. He also plays the Canadian tour once in a while and played in the Wichita Open last year (1st PGA tour event I think) - Played 1 under, missed cut
    I played with Tiger once and he sucks ...Yes my Vietnamese friend name (Ho^?)literally translated to Tiger in English. I think Tiger's dad named him after his Vietnamese buddy during the war.

Thread Information