CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

I have a $357 gift certificate to golftown.. kind of

I found a brand new $395 driver at a golf course back in april, when the courses first opened, and being the great, awesome, amazing person that I am I took it to the club house and turned it in. They asked me for my info incause the owner of the club wanted to thank me. I thought sure, why not... maybe he'll buy me a round and I'll buy him a few beers and I'll make a new golf friend. Anyway, called there yesterday to book a tee time and the guy remember my name since its pretty unique and told me that no one had claimed the club yet. I said "well then I guess we know its not a member, what happens to it now? You guys wanna buy it off me?"

I was joking and he said, no but if you take it back to golf town they will give you a store credit for the item. Anyway I thought he was joking and laughed it off. Went to go play today and the girl at the counter had the club with a sticker that had my name on it and said "this is for you"

What should I do, I must admit I've already been thinking about what to trade it for. Is there anyway what so ever to find the owner? I would feel bad having something in my bag that was purchased by these means if it was possible to find the owner. That being said, i already started looking for what I wanted to trade it for incase there is no way.

Called golftown and they told me that they will take it back if its BRAND NEW (minus 10% because it wasn't bought there.. but who knows, maybe it was).

Anyway, I take the driver in and have $357 to play around with.

This is what I'm thinking. I really like the new scotty cameron phantom mallet putter. Its $350+tx so I would only have to put in $45 to get it. I'd be buying a $350+tx putter. I could get an r5 driver or even golf shoes. THe nike ones I have are a bit to tight and cut up my feet. Any ideas on how to return the driver? Its a Cobra 440. If not, any ideas on what to buy with the credit? I could actually get 8 lessons with that money.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Tough situation to be in. You'd think whoever lost a new driver would remember where they last used. Anyways if the club does not get a call soon I wouldn't feel too bad getting a credit for it. About the only thing you could do if you haven't yet is post an ad in a local paper. Maybe the owner might read it. If not have fun with your choices.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Been over a month? Screw it. You brought it back to the course, and they have absolved themselves of any liability for it. Basically they have given you a club that you turned it. There has to be a statute of limitations on these things (within reason) and you already did MORE than most would do.

Dude, you got bones to blow at GT. Do what you feel is best. Nobody can tell you which putter you SHOULD buy, but maybe they can tell you which ones NOT to buy.

Enjoy!

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

"Richard"
    I dont mind posting about it the paper but who is going to pay for it and I'm sure i'm going to have everyone calling saying its theres. There are no special markings since its new.

Here are my choices in terms of what to get. I need a nice driver. This flex isn't right for me so keeping it isn't an option.

*trade it for a driver. I was thinking maybe the TM R 580XD. Used to have it, liked it but had to sell it to get my g2s.

*I have a never compromise sub 30 d3 putter and would sell that on here or on ebay. Get the driver traded for the scotty putter that I like (phantom mallet, or red x). But I'm fine with the putter I have right now. I would be getting the cameron because its free and will maintain its value for a long time and obviously a better putter, it really felt awesome.

*not use a driver right now, keep the putter that I have, why buy a $350+ club i'm only going to use 3-4 times a round. use the money to get nice golf shoes. A few nice golf hats and maybe a new glove

I guess the question is, do I need to get a driver?

If not, should I upgrade a putter that I've never had problems with and actually like a lot for a putter that I like more but really need since I put fine with mine already

Lessons... I have a lot of things that need to be fixed

Apparel - maybe a nice pair of sneaker golf shoes, nice slacks and a pink or lime lacoste or burberry shirt will catch the eye of the beer cart lady

--------

Hey Dan. Problem is I don't know what to do with my GT bones. I honestly can't decide. I don't really need a new putter. I don't really need to carry a driver since I slice the Shhh out of the balls and don't really need shoes, pants... and I hate indoor lessons even though there CPGA pro (mark) is awesome and makes it so easy to understand. What to do ?

"Richard"
    Do you guys remember my thread asking what you would do with a $1000 gift certificate to GT? I can't even figure out what to do with $357...

The choices are limitless. If you are set on a putter, I use a Yes! Tracy II and I have never used a putter (includes Camerons, Pings, Taylormades, Etc.) that puts such a good roll on the ball. Why go extreme, why not a putter that is cheaper and still have some left over for balls, hats, gloves, wedges. I would suggest getting something you will always need, like balls, gloves etc. If you don't hit a driver well look at some more scoring clubs. Four wedges are better than three or even two. What about a hybrid? Like I said, the choices are limitless.

I would actually love to be in your position now. I have some needs but not enough coin around to get it done. Been trying to trade with some people lately but with not alot of success.

"Richard"
    I'm still new to golf and its driving me crazy. I love the game but leave the course hating the game and then wake up loving it again. What is it about golf? Anyway, right now this is what I have

3-pw ping g2
    52, 56, 60 ping m/b
    adams rpm 3 wood
    taylormade mid 19*
    never compromise sub 30 putter

thats 14 clubs.

If I got a driver I would pull my 3 iron, I hate that club. I can honestly hit a 7 iron farther than a 3 iron. So really, I'm happy with all my clubs before I got this credit at GT but now that I have it I have to use it on something. The more and more I think about it, I'm either gonig to get the driver or the lessons....

I would take the lessons then. Why buy a driver when you still have frustrations with the game? You could always pick up a good driver on this site at a later date. If you are relatively new to the game, take the lessons before bad habits set in.

"Richard"
    yeah, looks like that is what is going to end up happening. Lets see what happens. I guess I could just get them to print me off and Credit note and just use it everytime I need soemthing but then you end up wasting it on stupid things like foam balls, chipping nets and useless things like that.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    If it is an OEM and if the owner registered the club(everyone should register their new clubs by the way or even secon hand) then you could contact the company to see if it is registered under anyone's name.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Sounds like you might get the most out of a batch of lessons at GT. Since they're basically free (and most people hate shelling out cash for something they don't get to physically hold in their hand), it would possibly be a free lowering of your handicap.
    [color=blue]s[/color][color=red]p[/color][color=blue]i[/color][color=red]d[/color][color=blue]e[/color][color=red]y[/color]

[color=seagreen]"Got more dirt than ball. Here we go again."
    Alan Shepard, Apollo 14 Commander, Amateur-Golfer, preparing to take another swing during his famous moon walk in 1971.
    [/color]

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    If it is an OEM and if the owner registered the club(everyone should register their new clubs by the way or even secon hand) then you could contact the company to see if it is registered under anyone's name.
    Club house said they did that already. I can try again but I dont' think it will do anygood

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Get a driver hothot. The driver is the most fun club to spend a winfall of $$ on imo.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm with Sakuraba, get a driver. You're a Ping man, try the G2 and fork over a little extra dough. Or, they're blowing out the 400 cc versions of the Mizuno MP-001 for $250, which is super nice. I was trying one yesterday and I would get it over any other driver in that price range or head size. Man, the feel of that driver is awesome. Get one of those and some shoes.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Think of all the golf balls $357 will buy.

BG458
    You could just sell it on this sight. I mean that if someone is going to make a bog purchase at GT (not me). They could give you like $325 for it and you can spend that anyway you want, and the other person will save $32 as well.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I'm with the others and would get a driver. If you tend to slice with your driver, why not try one of those draw bias drivers like the TM R5 Type D.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    Get a driver hothot. The driver is the most fun club to spend a winfall of $$ on imo.
    hothot? How do you know?

"Richard"
    we played a round together and he couldn't concentrate becase I was so pretty

"Richard"
    PS traded teh club in today. I really liked the feel of the TM r580xd and also got a pair of shoes. Paid for lessons as well out of my pocket. 5 for $185 (semi private with a friend of mine)

Thanks everyone

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    hothot? How do you know?
    maybe I'm dyslexic (sp?) I just noticed the thotho looked like hothot.
    we played a round together and he couldn't concentrate becase I was so pretty
    Not true!

Thread Information