+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge BuddyGolf is on a distinguished road

Cheapest Rounds Help

Hey Everyone,

A few friends and I are in a similar situation, as we have a really small golf budget, but really love the game. We have Red Books, and are looking for the cheapest rounds on good+ courses. We walk, so coupons that require a cart aren't for us. We are constantly looking for really good deals, so any suggestions are welcome. We don't mind driving a bit, but if we drive a ways, we generally like to play more than one round. Maybe there is some deals that aren't in the redbook that we are missing?

So far we have
    Madawaska $14/round w/ Red Book
    Dragonfly $20 All-you-can-play Thursdays

Any other good courses under a 20?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Have you looked at this? www.ottawagolf.com/club

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Ottawa Golf Club is great haven't paid more than $20 for a round this year yet. Highly recommend

5 Wood SIMMER is on a distinguished road SIMMER's Avatar
    Edgewood is dirt cheap if you use the 2 for 1 coupons with the red book.

Sand Wedge marty99 is on a distinguished road

recommend Ottawa golf club

I recommend the ottawagolf club. If you like to get out a couple times a week, the deal is really worth it. I've been out over 20 times and I have saved a lot. My buddy and I played Gatineau on Sunday and he paid 36 bucks while I only paid 15.

It all depends on how much you play though.

Grip it and rip it.

4Iron
    Have you considered the Entertainment Book? You are limited in the number of courses, but there are added bonuses like restaurants esp if you are on a budget.

Just a thought.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Golf a la carte

I have been a member of this club for 9 years and it a very economical way to play. I paid $160.00 to play 40 games @ $13.70 each. There is a great selection of courses in the Outaouais/Ottawa and even the Laurentiens. Go to the website
    www.golfalacarte.com and see for yourself. Even with the membership fee the games come to under $18.00. You cant beat that! You can reserve up to a week in advance and even online.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

9 Iron r2g2 is on a distinguished road

Play Twilight

Most courses have twilight rates starting at 2 - 3 - 4 o'clock (depending on course). The rates are significantly cheaper than their weekend fee.
    [COLOR=Blue]Rob [/COLOR]

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Didnt get your age.

If you have the ability to play a LOT of golf, certain courses have incredibly cheap memberships, especially for juniors. Prescott had an amazing offer this year: $400, waived initiation fee for adults and I think around $175 for the junior program. Several courses in the area offer great junior programs (Calabogie for instance has a very cheap rate for those up to 21, with student card).

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyGolf
    Hey Everyone,

A few friends and I are in a similar situation, as we have a really small golf budget, but really love the game. We have Red Books, and are looking for the cheapest rounds on good+ courses. We walk, so coupons that require a cart aren't for us. We are constantly looking for really good deals, so any suggestions are welcome. We don't mind driving a bit, but if we drive a ways, we generally like to play more than one round. Maybe there is some deals that aren't in the redbook that we are missing?

So far we have
    Madawaska $14/round w/ Red Book
    Dragonfly $20 All-you-can-play Thursdays

Any other good courses under a 20?
    Hate to break it to you, but that $20 at Dragonfly is incorrect. I spoke to the owner today and he was completely unaware. The only such deal they have is "Woman's Day" on Thursdays, and they had $20/all you can play until the end of April...

Just thought I'd let you know!

Cheers,
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Thread Information