CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road

Gc2 and the TGC and the flash module

I'm thinking of getting the gc2. Two part question. First is when I intergrate the gc2 with the software, when playing on the TGC or protee red chain, do I have to pre select the club I want to use? Or can I just grab any club and the gc2 will read it? And the second question is when the flash eventually goes out, (30000 to 50000 swings so they say) how much does it cost to replace it. I've heard from 100 to 500 bucks. It doesn't sound to appealing to get the gc2 if I'd have to spend 500 for a new flash every time it needed one. Thanks

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    No need to select club. There are diy alternatives for the flash, but yes the new flash is expensive and I don't recall seeing anything yet on how long they will actually last.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    The $500 flash is supposed to last years. I've used my gc2 with the $100 flashes it came with for 2 years.

Ok thanks guys. Nice to know that I can just grab any club Driver or 8 iron and it reads it automatically. And if the flash last 2 yrs at 100 bucks, 50 per year is definitely worth it. Where would I pick up the flash when it eventually goes out? Who sells it ? Thanks guys appreciate your advise..

When I iteregrate to gc2 with the protee the way mthunt has it, what kind of information do I get after I hit the ball? Does the screen show anything ? Or does it just go to the next shot. I know the GC2 only reads the ball and the HMT reads the club data. But I'm only getting the gc2. But will the protee software at least show the ball data after I hit the ball? Thanks

The Protee will show the ball data as will the screen of the GC2

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    The Protee will show the ball data as will the screen of the GC2
    Ok thanks the gc2a I'm getting is a yr old and will not come with the software. Just the hardware. But if the protee shows data then I'm fine with that. Thank you.

Sand Wedge MBond is on a distinguished road
    I have a GC2 - coach HS Golf - the snow will fly soon and I need software. Primarily in need of driving range/graphics but a couple of courses would be nice. I understand that there has been a lot of controversy between TGC and Foresight:
    Is the TGC software if purchased today 100% compatible with the GC2/no compatibility issues?
    What min. package would be recommended /next step up package?
    Appreciate your insight and suggestions!

TGC comes as either annually priced or a one time purchase. I'm not sure what the prices are but it works great with a GC2. There's a ton of people on the TGC tour with them. It utilizes the GC2's Bluetooth output.

Foresight's software also works great. I'm not sure how much it costs for either.

Thanks. I would rather not spend the $2K+ for the Foresight just to have a driving range and a couple of courses displayed on a monitor - no online play needed. Currently using GC2 app on Tablet but would like to display on a monitor with basic range graphics - Looking to correct technique/shaping. Basic - similar to Golfsmith bays. Appreciate all advise.

Any feedback on ProTee 2.0 - will this fit my needs? Compatible with GC2? Website states:
    This software is NOT compatible with Foresight GC2 and NOT compatible with SkyTrak.

ProTee Play works fine with a GC2.

So is the "The Golf Club Simulator + ProTee Golf 2.0" the package that most are buying/playing? I really need a good driving range for my team to practice/wk. on technique - does this package offer a good driving range?
    Prior to purchasing - is there anything else that I should consider/other options that may be a better fit - or is this the best? Thanks!

TGC alone is all you need. Plenty of good ranges.

Thank you MTHunt!
    Following further research - I’m confused ...outside of courses included in the E6 Std. pack can you provide me some basic Pro’s and Con’s information regarding the following systems:
    E6 V1.6 Base Software Practice Range Package ($1200) and E6 V1.6 Base Software STd. package (1600)
    vs.
    TGC 2106+Protee? ($1200)

I have identified 3 sources to purchase - all with different product listings and prices (Swingsense, golfsimulator store and par2pro). Par2 pro is the only one that lists their prod. for sale as the 2016 version - is swingsense and golfsim.. selling an old versions? Can you comment on supplier reputations - are there other suppliers to be considered?

As mentioned. I was ready to purchase the TGC/ProTee but then saw the E6 which seems to be the top of the line but I cannot differentiate significant differences/comparisons.

Also, the Foresight SDK fee - is anyone paying this "ridiculous" fee? Outside of future support are there any system limitations for not paying this fee. Appreciate any and all input as I want to make the right choice for our golf teams indoor practice success.
    Thanks!

Swingsense is the ecommerce site of ProTee. You already have the GC2 so don't worry about the SDK. It's the manufacturers way to dissuade people fro buying a GC2 to use with third party software. There's no way around it. Pay the fee or buy their software for big $$$.

Just get TGC. You don't need the ProTee software from 2009. I haven't used it once in 2 years. The TGC price is 999. Includes everything. E6 will only work if you buy ProTee to run E6 with the GC2 plus E6 is 3-4x the price of TGC plus more for more courses. I thought you didn't want to break the bank? It has better features than TGC but not a great fit for a GC2 given you need ProTee to interface between E6 and a GC2.

Thank you MT. Im sold - will purchase TGC.
    I was told that I also do need ProTee to run TGC for the embedded driver software? Also for my application I may consider ProTee as it offers better driving ranges than TGC? Thanks!

The ranges are good but the protee play range does multiple tracers and stats. Everything you need to connect comes with TGC. You need ProTee interface and GSX. ProTee Play is the older protee software. It's extra.

Thanks MT.
    The range tracer is valuable for the athletes to see their shot shape. "You nee the ProTee interface and GSX"... If I were to just purchase TGC are the Protee interface and GSX free/included or?

interface and GSX are included. TGC has a tracer. They all stay on the screen in protee play

Thanks again MT - you have been a great help!
    Merry Christmas

Lob Wedge docsmilez is on a distinguished road
    I purchased TGC and protee / gsx interface came with it. Also all the protee software and courses came in the download. Not sure where protee play is or if I can even use it. The protee software seems to need a license. Is this purchase separately to be able to use the protee courses and software besides TGC? (TGC is up and running just want to use protee range)

Look for golf simulator forum in google. Look under Foresight. You'll see instructions. Basically you toggle a switch in gsx and the portal. ProTee is in the download for protee.

Hi MT
    Its been a busy season - a few mo. since we spoke. Ready to pull the trigger on the The Golf Club Simulator + ProTee Golf 2.0 for $1125 from the golf simulator store. Can you tell me:
    1)is this software/todays download still compatable with my GC2?
    2) has anything changed since we last spoke 2-3 mo. ago - issues?
    3) is there a different co. that I should consider buying it from- price/service?
    4) anything else I sould be aware of or consider?
    Thanks
    Mike

Swingsense is the owner of TGC. You can go there. Don't bother with ProTee 2.0. You'll never use it.

Thanks MT
    a bit confusing...swingsense is TGC ...OK. When I go there as you direct swingsense.com it redirects me back to the golfsimulatorstore.com. Is TGC, swingsense and the golfsimulatorstore.com all the same entity? what exact site do you suggest I order from?
    Going to order - please confirm 1 more time that nothing has changed and there are no issues interfacing TGC with my GC2?
    Thanks!

All the same store and works with GC2. Good luck. I'm playing now.

Hi MT
    I placed an order today - is the software a download or are they sending discs - I believe its a download?
    I received an order confirmation but no further instructions to download or...?
    was hoping to download and start shooting right away.
    Thanks
    Mike

It's a download but you need your machine id to get the licence. It's not happening today.

what machine id - gc2 or computer?
    what then - tomorrow - will I receive an email with instructions of how to proceed?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MBond View Post
    what machine id - gc2 or computer?
    what then - tomorrow - will I receive an email with instructions of how to proceed?
    Thanks!
    When you install the software there is a machine Id. You'll figure it out.

Thread Information