CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter evilelf is on a distinguished road

Best tees for Optishot

I have my setup pretty well tweaked, but for one issue. With my driver, I occasionally get a very slow swing speed of around 5 mph. I think it is a combination of the taped club being too high for the sensors and the tee getting in the way of reading. I tend to get the best results when I use a string to make sure that the tee does not cross the front sensors.

I have tried several options. I think a brush tee would work great, but with the extra thick turf installed, it simply would not stay in the turf upon impact. It still would project forward.

I used rubber Royal Tees glued into some Tee Claws, but people hitting too low on the tee snapped the post. Anyone else having this issue?

This phantom bad driver swing is what is keeping me from declaring the simulator as perfected. I am using gaffer black cloth tape with white electrical tape on the bottom of the club. I am wondering if a shinier tape would help.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    I suspect that the T's are not the issue. I use "Martini" tees cut to size on Optishot and on the golf course with not problem. Try reducing extraneous lighting and tape the bottom of the clubs with shinny aluminum tape.

Putter abl5037 is on a distinguished road
    I also use the Martini tees and they work like a charm. I have yet to have one break. I highly recommend them!

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    I've been using birtees ( www.birtee.com ) which are great because they sit on top of the turf but have similar issues with abnormally low swing speeds on some shots which I attribute to the tee being recorded rather then the driver club head. Clubs are properly taped.

Will have to find some Martinis to try.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Update: I've been using those little clear water bottle lids with good success this year. Perfect for iron and fairway wood tee shots.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    Update: I've been using those little clear water bottle lids with good success this year. Perfect for iron and fairway wood tee shots.
    Update 2: I'm having great success with different sizes of bottle cap, shorter ones for irons and fwy woods and the pop-up kind for driver ...

Putter evilelf is on a distinguished road
    I just found my own thread on mistake... Funny.

Anywho, thanks for the feedback. I've been using brush tees since this post but I might try the caps.

Lob Wedge greenstreak is on a distinguished road
    I have had my set-up for about 6 years and have tried multiple tees.I use the martini tee and its the best I have used. They last forever and will always support the ball. Other tees break or wear out and you can no longer get the ball to rest on top. One thing I have done is I attach a piece of rubber or foam to the tee with Goop . I do this to give it better support because as you turf top wears the tee don't stay in as well. Tee height makes a big difference. If the tee is too high you will get more inaccurate readings. The driver can also be the reason for misreads. Some drivers work better than others. I never get misreads from my tees unless they are too high.

Thread Information