CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Go-Low is on a distinguished road

Whats's better - eQuinelle or Loch March and why?

Wondering what you guys think is a better track and why you feel that way

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    different tracks, can't say one is better IMHO. LM is a much harder course - generally tighter and less forgiving. Greens at both tracks were spectacular this year. I'd play either any day.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Agree with jeffc. It is very easy to get out of position at LM and have to scramble to make par.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I like the look of Loch March better, a little more appealing to my eye. I'd pick Loch March if I had to choose, but I love both courses.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Love both courses. But if only one I would choose Loch March. I also find Loch March to be a harder course for scoring and I have played it a bunch over the last 25 years.

Bogie E Smith is on a distinguished road
    Played Equinelle today (Sep 30), it in terrible condition, the fairways were all loose grass sandy lies. This is the second time I have played there and both times it was the same crappy loose sandy lies in the middle of the fairway. Loch March is far superior, actually even Greensmere is in better condition ( in my opinion the polls and awards that give Equinelle high marks for its condition are pretty suspicious because it is not). Equinelle is not worth the drive and is overpriced for its condition.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E Smith View Post
    Played Equinelle today (Sep 30), it in terrible condition, the fairways were all loose grass sandy lies. This is the second time I have played there and both times it was the same crappy loose sandy lies in the middle of the fairway. Loch March is far superior, actually even Greensmere is in better condition ( in my opinion the polls and awards that give Equinelle high marks for its condition are pretty suspicious because it is not). Equinelle is not worth the drive and is overpriced for its condition.
    I've played it 8 times this summer and disagree. There could be some fall maintenance going on right now.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    I agree with Jeff, a lot of courses are going through their fall programs where they are punching the greens and fairways. The sand or fertilizer is part of this. You can't expect courses in this area to be in top condition at all times of the year.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Equinelle has been one of the best courses for conditions every year since it opened. Loch March is a great track but in terms of conditions on a regular basis, I think eQuinelle takes it. I do believe that Loch March is tougher
    I like to call it a power fade

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    I'd say Equinelle is much more consistent in having better conditions and personally the layout is much more friendlier or enjoyable than Loch March. I find that I have to play well to score at Loch march which might mean it's harder since Equinelle you can still score relatively well if you aren't at your best. That may be because I play Equinelle more than Loch March but I enjoy both for sure.
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Loch March is tougher and a nicer setting , eQuinelle is somewhat more forgiving and a great track to play , conditions at both are fantastic .
    Loch March for me , not necessarily better but my preferred choice.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yikes It is pretty hard to judge a course that you only play twice---EQ in my mind has to be the best overall maintained public course in the valley---fall maintenance is underway and the conditions were not that bad. I have played it 11 times this year.. It is more forgiving than Loch March ---but both are great courses.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    For me it would be Loch March every time. I like eQuinelle but I LOVE Loch March. It's always in great nick, staff are friendly, I love the layout and in my opinion it is a much much tougher course. It is actually my favourite course in the area. Beautiful setting, nice and peaceful and a great test of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I've played it 8 times this summer and disagree. There could be some fall maintenance going on right now.
    agreed. that is often that case with late season golf from what ive seen over the years

I think for me I prefer the fact that Loch March was actually built to play golf on, not to sell homes like eQuinelle (and for that matter Stonebridge). Any high end club should have a proper driving range to warm up ..., eQuinelle's you cant hit woods and Stonebridge the range is non existent. I like playing golf in a setting where I'm not playing in peoples backyards, as ive sprayed the odd the ball on occasion (as I'm sure most of you do).

Ive been playing Loch March a lot more in the past two years then I did in the past cause theyt have some great deals now and the pricing structure is way better. Often times you can call and get a round and cart for 58 bucks now. That's almost half what it used to be there.

eQuinelle is always a great experience when I play it but I'm always 4-5 shots better there than Loch March. LM is in my opinion one of the toughest tracks in the city.

I cant really recall Loch March ever being in bad shape, but I didn't play it nearly as often in the past. This year Ive played it a dozen times and Id say in recent years its as well conditioned as eQuinelle.

All in all, like you guys say, its tough to say for sure one is better than the other. I lean to Loch March for the classic feel. The Loch plays 7000 off the tips and I dare say there's a tougher 3 hole stretch in the area from the tips then 10-11-12 at Loch March. I once got brave and played back there 2 years ago when I was around an 8 and I got beat up bad. And humbled lol

Thread Information