CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall conditions

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Fall conditions

Might as well start it. Gatineau greens are punched.Best wait a few weeks.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    How's Emerald Links ?

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Nation front 9 was done today

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Dragonfly is mint...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Putter Go-Low is on a distinguished road
    Stonebridge in great shape.
    Eagle Creek -not so much. Not what it used to be in my opinion. Always found it a touch overrate. Great track but conditions not what they used to be and some of the holes feel the same.
    Playing Loch March a fair bit this year. Very good shape as usual.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go-Low View Post
    Stonebridge in great shape.
    +1 on this
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Bogie E Smith is on a distinguished road
    The Equinelle fairways were awful today (Sep 30), loose grass, sandy lies and its pretty expensive, would not recommend it

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The Meadows was in great shape , I believe they have punched South 9's greens , don't know when they will do the others
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E Smith View Post
    The Equinelle fairways were awful today (Sep 30), loose grass, sandy lies and its pretty expensive, would not recommend it
    Played EQ as well---sure the fairways were top dressed---a necessary evil--but found it quite acceptable.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Putter Go-Low is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Played EQ as well---sure the fairways were top dressed---a necessary evil--but found it quite acceptable.
    its bound to happen you encounter some maintenance. rarely does it affect my game. if they don't do it than we cant expect good conditions in the future as the stuff these guys do is obviously necessary.
    Last edited by Go-Low; 10-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Played SB this afternoon---most of the fairways have been punched and the condition was terrible. The aeration holes are a good 5/8 inch diameter and spaced at 2 1/4 inch intervals with lots of junk left on the fairways. Tried to talk to the powers that be telling them I had asked previous to booking but they could not care less. Filling in 14 more bunkers to cut the cost of maintenance ---which is also going to change the rating of the course. I don't know what is going on----just too many corners being cut IMHO.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played SB this afternoon---most of the fairways have been punched and the condition was terrible. The aeration holes are a good 5/8 inch diameter and spaced at 2 1/4 inch intervals with lots of junk left on the fairways. Tried to talk to the powers that be telling them I had asked previous to booking but they could not care less. Filling in 14 more bunkers to cut the cost of maintenance ---which is also going to change the rating of the course. I don't know what is going on----just too many corners being cut IMHO.
    the responsiveness of management at SB leaves something to be desired. What bunkers are they getting rid of?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I can't remember specifics but some behind the greens--a couple just off the fairway. A couple of fellas I was talking to said it was also a way to speed up play. If in fact that is the case I suggested they clean up area in front of 15. I am in no way knocking women but at lot of them seem to end up there---that rough is in range for a lot of short hitters. It would make that hole more enjoyable for them.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Greensmere Legacy today. Absolutely perfect shape. Greens are pristine.

To be fair, they did post on their website when they did the fairway aeration. They are not punching the greens until the course is closed.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played the Meadows they other day, and the North, East, South are punched and sand filled...

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    To be fair, they did post on their website when they did the fairway aeration. They are not punching the greens until the course is closed.
    They may have posted it on there website (on Monday) AFTER I booked on Sunday and AFTER I specially asked if the aeration had been started----I don't think that is being fair---do you ?????? Seems like a breakdown in the lines of communication.

Wonder what happened to the emails that used to be sent out---too much trouble I guess

Gap Wedge Chucker is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played Smuggler's Glen recently?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham greens have not been punched as of today but that can change Monday. Best call. Some fairways have been punched and are a bit dirty.

Sand Wedge retired is on a distinguished road
    I played Buckingham yesterday. As Marco said " some fairways have been punched and are a bit dirty" i totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    I played Buckingham yesterday. As Marco said " some fairways have been punched and are a bit dirty" i totally agree
    Are you a member there Retired?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Greensmere was in fantastic shape yesterday , greens were firm and fast
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hybrid rxp is on a distinguished road rxp's Avatar
    Sandpoint the greens are punched and sanded.Who ever is running the mower scalped several greens .The old girl is not in great shape even for this time of year.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I know I've heard some grumblings that Vieux Moulin's conditioning has been sub-par for a while, but I was passed a free voucher and looking to play there on Monday. Any updates, or has most been steering clear of there this season?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar
    I live a 5 minute walk from LVM,it has greened up but if you have a free voucher go for it,good enough for free

Sand Wedge retired is on a distinguished road
    No. I live about 7 minutes by car from there, I played Buckingham on the 6 th of october, I had not played buckingham in about 4 years. The people I play with live in the Gatineau sector of the greater gatineau and play mostly close to their homes, at such golf clubs as tecumseh, Touraine, cascade etc. I really like the course in Buckingham, but my golf buddies think we are being rushed when playing(topic for another day),

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Played Emerald Links (south-west) today...greens and fairways in great shape.

Played Chateau Cartier this morning, excellent condition tee to green. Greens are very nice but a tad slow. Started at 9am and finished at 12:30 for a 3-some..

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    No. I live about 7 minutes by car from there, I played Buckingham on the 6 th of october, I had not played buckingham in about 4 years. The people I play with live in the Gatineau sector of the greater gatineau and play mostly close to their homes, at such golf clubs as tecumseh, Touraine, cascade etc. I really like the course in Buckingham, but my golf buddies think we are being rushed when playing(topic for another day),
    Hmmm, its usually is not a rushed experience when playing there. We have no marshals and depend on the pro shop to handle any tardiness. Thats too bad and i would mention it to Eric the head pro the next time. If you guys are keeping pace with the group ahead then there should be no problem. Hoping your next experience is a better one.

Stonebridge fairways are punched but greens are exceptional. It was hard to chip on as the club got hung up a lot.

Thread Information