CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    another review, with similar results

http://usgolftv.com/golf-equipment-r...ising-results/
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    I'm down in Fl so picked some of these up and tried them yesterday. I was skeptical at first but the ball definitely looks and feels like a premium ball. On the course I was very pleasantly surprised, it feels great off of the club face, flies long and true with woods and long irons and flies high with lots of spin with short irons.

Birded my first two holes and3 of my first 5 holes (as a 10 hcp I rarely get >1 birdie per round).

So I'm sold, will be heading back to Costco to pick some more up to bring home for next spring.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

this was posted on MyGolfSpy's Facebook page yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/mygolfspycom/?ref=br_rs

In my almost 20 years in the golf industry, it would be hard for me to think of another time a single product has created such a stir in golf.
    And for good reason.

The day we released the review of the Kirkland Signature golf ball, we sold out the national chain Costco of every ball they had in stock. As soon as we announced they were back in stock we sold them out again in just under 2 hours. I say we but really it was the ball itself, we were just the vessel.
    In a time where marketing has become more important than the actual performance and advertising done by billion dollar corporations have all but brainwashed consumers in to believing a false sense of reality. This story for consumers all over the world is a breath of crisp fresh air. Take it in.

A popular editor for Deadspin put it best when he said, "It's all professional wrestling." It has become harder and harder to tell the difference between a Hulk Hogan and a Kaori Icho (a real wrestler) these days. And that is why this single article/review/test we published might be more important than all that came before it.

Behind the scenes what golfers don't know is the manufacturers have fought us tooth and nail over the past 6 years. They have tried to sue us, demand we take down articles, change the words not only we wrote but believe in, threatened me, threatened others, took jobs from people, all in an effort to control the message that comes out of our golf publication and others like ours. Many of you are probably sitting here reading this and thinking this can't be true. Well believe it. More than any golf ad you have ever seen. It's the real reality we live every day at MGS. Taking only a minute to separate yourself and the air from the barrage of ads, things you read, mis-direction, smoke and mirrors and you quickly realize having a place like MyGolfSpy report on the fact that a ball that is $15 compared to $50 per dozen and performs the same (actually better) is something they do NOT want you to know about. If you don't believe me you should have been a fly on the wall over the past few weeks in my office and taken the calls, emails and texts from the people in the industry. They do not know how this will effect them but let's just say they are watching it closely. And if you don't think they are watching small brands like a Kirkland or Snell, remember we just got a legal letter from Titleist regarding a Snell article and email we sent.

So, while it is not in our best interest to publish an article like the Kirkland Golf Ball Review if we want friends in the industry, it is imperative someone does so for the golfer. Like we have always said we put the consumer first, period. #PowerToThePlayer is what MyGolfSpy is here for. We are here to make a level playing ground no matter what your name or how much money you have in your advertising budget. The industry needs to change, it needs to put the golfer first again.

We are proud to help shed light on a product that we think is beginning to shift the mindset of the golf consumer no matter the impact it causes regarding our relationships with the manufacturers. The truth shall set you free and the truth is we are proud to be a part of this small ripple of change.

For those that have not heard about this ball you can read about it here: http://www.mygolfspy.com/kirkland-vs-titleist-pro-v1/

No kidding about selling out quickly - by my estimation the Costco in Ft Myers had over 9000 dozen of these balls when I first bought them (2 huge skids over 5ft tall) and they sold out in a day. I asked the manager and he said they would not be getting more in before the new year.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I hope they get more in soon, I am going down to Seattle at Christmas and hope to pick up 4 boxes.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Try ordering online, that is what I did
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Try ordering online, that is what I did
    I would but they are out of stock.

They were In Stock on November 21st, but so many people ordered online that they were out of stock online by 12 noon on November 21st.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Wow, I feel lucky to have bought them in October when the buzz was still new.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I'll wait until it hits Walmart next year at 50c each

From DavePelz4 on golfwrx.com:

Had the chance to talk with one of the Costco regional marketing people yesterday. I asked if she knew of the ball and she laughed. She said at a store level and corporate level they've received more calls and emails about the KSig than any product ever.

She said after the first round of balls they thought they had a solid product but after selling out the second order in hours they were beyond amazed. She said they were very aware of all the golf sites and the viral marketing being done on the ball. She said that wasn't unprecedented but rare.

The 15% margin which was mentioned several times in the thread was confirmed and she said they didn't expect a price increase but couldn't guarantee that.

Before I even asked she said she couldn't get me any balls.

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    At the rate these are being bought and I assume lost they should be available used at knetgolf in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    At the rate these are being bought and I assume lost they should be available used at knetgolf in no time.
    I have been thinking the same thing!
    Last edited by Break68; 12-21-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Back in stock on Costco.com Just ordered 6 dozen, you can use a Canadian CC for payment but must use a US shipping address. Mine are going to Ogdensburg ... myusaddress.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    Back in stock on Costco.com Just ordered 6 dozen, you can use a Canadian CC for payment but must use a US shipping address. Mine are going to Ogdensburg ... myusaddress.com
    their site is a gong show right now.

Yup, took me 15 mins to checkout.

Dammit, they say out of stock again, had a dentist appointment and couldn't get online.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    How did you order 6 dozen? I thought they had a limit of of 2 boxes when ordering?

I thought so as well but it let me put 3 boxes in. Came out to $106US with shipping and taxes.

I see some guys bought 5 2-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    How did you order 6 dozen? I thought they had a limit of of 2 boxes when ordering?
    lots of guys on wrx ordering more than 2. 5 double dozen seems to be the number.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    lots of guys on wrx ordering more than 2. 5 double dozen seems to be the number.
    Oh well, I will have to buy as many as I can carry when I drive down to Seattle next week. I plan on filling the trunk of my suv!

Apparently they sold out online in 15 minutes.

I got an email late last night from Costco saying Sorry due to overwhelming demand we cannot fill your order. Then got another one this am saying they have shipped.

I just ordered 2 boxes, 48 KSIG on there way to me!

They are back online, website is working beautifully, 2 box limit is working as well. BUT you can order 2 boxes as many times as you want.

From Jer-Jer on Golfwrx.com:

Talked with a gentleman from Costco on the phone. Said he hears they sold 10,000 double dozen within the hour yesterday morning. Says he's not sure why they're back online again today but they must have more in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    I just ordered 2 boxes, 48 KSIG on there way to me!

They are back online, website is working beautifully, 2 box limit is working as well. BUT you can order 2 boxes as many times as you want.
    Awesome. Mine are supposed to land in Ogdensburg today - heading down tomorrow to get them.

Looks like the K-Sig's run is over...
    https://www.mygolfspy.com/costco-sus...ig-production/

Yes, I saw that article yesterday in my inbox. Too bad, I guess I will hang onto the dozen that I have. Maybe Golf Town should contact Nassau and make a deal with them to get the rights to sell them here and in North America, could save the business.
    Lefty Lucas

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Yes, I saw that article yesterday in my inbox. Too bad, I guess I will hang onto the dozen that I have. Maybe Golf Town should contact Nassau and make a deal with them to get the rights to sell them here and in North America, could save the business.
    These sold out at Costco because they basically sold them at cost. You can't compare the Costco business model with a regular retail business like GolfTown.

Costco has stated that virtually all of their profit comes from memberships (which have little to no cost). Profit margins on individual products are low (especially on their "house" brand stuff), they do not stock a lot of varieties of the same product and most items are sold in bulk. They do not have the same overhead as regular retail stores - it is a warehouse rather than a store and they do not spend much on advertising or marketing. The value proposition for consumers is that the savings on purchases are greater than the membership price, and it usually is because the normal profit margins that Costco is working with can be substantial. But if you want choices, options, advice, service or the ability to "sample" something first - you don't go to Costco.

FYI the Nassau Quattro sells for around CDN$45-$50/dozen in the UK, compared to the Titleist Pro V which goes for CDN$60-$65/dozen. So if GolfTown were to stock it, it would probably be need to be priced for at least $30/dozen as a discount, urethane 4-piece ball for a brand that has zero recognition in North America. Not sure they would be flying out the doors at that price. I could see Costco making a deal to bring back the Kirkland Signature at $39.95 for 2 dozen though. Time will tell.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Profit margins on individual items are low? Really? Having sold products to Costco, and knowing their retail prices, I beg to differ...

Thread Information