CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter jimand is on a distinguished road

Driving to Myrtle Beach

Hi, we're driving to Myrtle Beach from Ottawa in a couple of weeks - does anyone have travel tips? Is there any reason not to follow the Google Maps directions? We're planning on two days; 10 hrs or so on day one. I think that will get us close to Richmond, Va.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Avoid Washington at all costs, any time of day or day of the week. Take 81 to Winchester VA, 17 to Fredericksburg then 95 .

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar
    Drove to Hilton Head Island in July,very nice roads and rest stops through NY state,different story in PA.....Sab is correct avoid the DC area unless you are driving through at mid night which we did....have fun in Myrtle but if you ever get a chance try HHI,its amazing there

We just returned from HHI as well. Couple long days but actually an enjoyable drive. Great roads and manageable traffic with lots of rest stops available along the way. Stayed on I 81 all the way to I 77.

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar
    And did you go for the golf? What courses did you play,we did 5 in 6 days,Hilton National,Dolphin Head,Robert Trent Jones,Old South and Shipyard.If we go again will also go via I 77,the 95 can get a little boring and long through North Carolina

Driver Happy Gilmore is on a distinguished road Happy Gilmore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Avoid Washington at all costs, any time of day or day of the week. Take 81 to Winchester VA, 17 to Fredericksburg then 95 .
    Absolutely agree 100,000%. It may look longer, but you save hours.
    Happy

"Play every shot so that the next one will be the easiest that you can give yourself." - Billy Casper

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    And did you go for the golf? What courses did you play,we did 5 in 6 days,Hilton National,Dolphin Head,Robert Trent Jones,Old South and Shipyard.If we go again will also go via I 77,the 95 can get a little boring and long through North Carolina
    Yes we went for golf and visit with friends. Played 3 in 6, Eagles Point, Crescent Point and Bear Creek. Sorry to hijack your thread Jimand. MB is a great road trip and I can't wait to get back there soon too.

Putter jimand is on a distinguished road
    Haha - yes it's been hijacked. Oh well, it sounds like I need to add HHI to the travel bucket list. Still have Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach, Cabot Peninsula, Ireland, Scotland on that list... I need more time and money .

Quote Originally Posted by jimand View Post
    Haha - yes it's been hijacked. Oh well, it sounds like I need to add HHI to the travel bucket list. Still have Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach, Cabot Peninsula, Ireland, Scotland on that list... I need more time and money .
    More money, more time. I hear ya! Great bucket list.

Sand Wedge DMWARREN is on a distinguished road
    81 to Winchester then 17 to Fredericksburg is the way to go. If you have a couple of dollars in US quarters the toll road around Wilkes-Barre is well worth it as this area is a 50 zone for miles and miles with heavy traffic. If you stay in Fredericksburg there are many hotels and restraunts. When leaving there I always go thru Richmond as I found the by-pass adds way to many miles onto your trip. If you are staying in North Myrtle Beach take 40 to Wilmington but if you are going to be further down in MB go to 501 and head in from there. Always slow down in Construction areas as they love working radar there and they don't give breaks in those zones.

Thread Information