I am seriously considering getting a family membership at a club. Wife now plays more than me and I want my son (14) to pick up the game too. A private club would be preferred but don't want the expense of the Hunt/Royal Ottawa/Club link/

We live on the West-End (Algonquin area) so a max drive of 30 minutes would be ideal. My other 2 kids are out of the house for university so reciprocal play would be a nice perk in Toronto or Montreal.

To get an idea the public courses that I enjoy are Emerald Links, Stonebridge, LeSocier, Marshes, Equinelle, Outaouais, etc. None are private and get busy with hackers. Wife plays a lot at the Canadian but it's not my first choice.

I have done the executive club thing for last several years (great value) but I am tired of playing single or with unknown folks. I am ready to join a community with events or men leagues, etc. I also have the slammer tour and I have enjoyed a few events with them (very friendly atmosphere) but unfortunately the course selection on some of the days is not worth the money/time. I get really excited to check the schedule only to find out the venue is in a no-name club.

If you are a member of a private club similar or above the ones mentioned, I would love to hear back from you. I know a few are offering no-initiation fees and play free rest of 2016.

Appreciate your comments or private messages.