Newbie here, I’ve tried to consume as many threads as needed to feel educated enough to post. Thank you to all for the contributions that have created a tremendous resource.

My intent here is to ensure I understand the current state of all the recommendations before I embark on this project.

Project Specs - 3rd bay garage, dimensions - 18 ft wide, 25 feet deep, 15 ft high ceilings so I have plenty of room. Plan is to have the screen 16ft x 9ft.

I'm currently an 8 hdcp so I am looking for data and accuracy as well as online play, I'd weigh the importance equal at 50/50. I live in Seattle so really want to keep the game sharp during the winter. Also have 3 younger kids so 5hrs to play golf is massively challenging. This is for us all to use as they get introduced to the game.

What’s important - set up for right and left handed golfer, accuracy, ball data, club data. flexibility to take LM outdoors, best picture quality with screen, flexibility with online play between E6 and TGC, range play with structured practice (combine)

Budget is $15,000 to $20,000.

In reading the threads, it appears the optimal setup for simulation…adding that some of these review are older in date so curious if there are or will be better options in the market or through firmware/software updates.

Launch Monitor - GC2 + ProTee,

Turf - Country Club Elite

Putting - #1. ProTee putting sensor, #2 GC2 seems to do a good job based on youtube videos I’ve seen.

Screen - Par2Pro HQ2-T6

Netting - unsure - appear to be numerous options

Range Software - Trackman appears to be the best w/ combine and camera

Online play - E6 or TGC or both

Putting - ProTee putting sensor

Projector - Short throw - ceiling mount 1080p, bright - numerous options.

What I like -

Trackman - Range/analysis software, accuracy, video+data

GC2 - Accuracy, indoor/outdoor flexibility, simulator playability, allows for different turf for rough, sand…etc.

Skytrak - Unknown - see difference of opinions

Flightscope - Space requirements,

ES16 - price and club/face data all in one

TruGolf - all in one solutions

What I don’t -

Trackman - Cost and space needed for accurate readings, putting & chipping accuracy and online play options. General sim playability does not feel like a priority to them vs others in the space.

GC2 - lack of versatility for L/R handed players, cost of HMT, club dots

Skytrak - 3-10 second delay in shot being recognized (this does not work for me)

ProTee - I don’t love the hitting sensor, would prefer consistent turf but can get over this if it is the best option. Lighting requirements, solvable but not ideal. Also does not allow for different turf, i.e., rough, sand etc.

FlightScope - known, doesn’t appear to be superior to GC2

ES16 - untested, promise vs. reality at this point.

TruGolf - No integration to TGC, hitting sensor not optimal - truth be told I have researched this simulator the least as I prefer a launch monitor

Questions -
  1. If you were building a sim with this budget & space what would you invest in?
  2. What is the optimal width for L&R handed setup
  3. How far should hitting area be from screen?
  4. is the ProTee recommendation based on the club data or for software?
  5. Is the ProTee a superior cost option vs. HMT that can be integrated with GC2 Ball data or is it simply the best option for software options?
  6. Trackman III vs. T4 - does it require less space and is accuracy confirmed through testing vs, what the sales team is saying?
  7. How many feet of ball flight does trackman need before screen? I see variances in what they are saying vs. what people have experienced.
  8. Can the Country Club elite turf be fitted with the ProTee hitting sensor
  9. Can the Country Club elite turf be fitted with sand/rough turf?
  10. Does the proTee hitting mat come in more authentic grass colors, the one I see being sold is a neon green which isn’t too important but curious if it is an option.
  11. Any update on the SkyTrak delay being resolved?
  12. At this price point, would you go with a all in one professional option vs. a DIY? Curious if others have spend $12-15K and looked back feeling like they would have been better off spending $20K to ensure everything is working properly and have support to fix any issues.

Apologies if I am all over the place, I underestimated to complexity and science behind the simulators so I am still in an overwhelmed state and want to make the best decisions when making this level of investment. Of course when looking at the want list it is a $50-60,000 simulator so there will need to be compromise. I've begun reaching out to all the manufactures to better understand each product but value the opinion of this forum due to lower bias and direct experience.

Thank you in advance for all your help to this point and moving forward. I look forward to being a contributor as I get this project underway and gain knowledge. I'll certainly be using some of the contributors as I purchase the materials.