CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Nation is in great shape, lush, green.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    I played Metcalfe and Champlain on the weekend (Wife and kids were out of town!)

Metcalfe is indeed in good shape. The fairways are noticeably greener than the rough but overall it was playing very well. I hadn't been there since they added the new nine. It's a nice stretch of holes.

Somehow Champlain was really really wet. Lots of standing water in places but overall it is in incredible shape given the lack of rain. That place must be built on a swamp or they are watering the daylights out of it. The greens weren't overly fast but they were really soft. Had lots of balls bite and spin back.
    Champlain has always been like that..it doesn't drain very well...
    You can guarantee standing water on some holes after a big rain like we have last week.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Same thing across the street at Chateau Cartier, you have to give a few days after a rain or its going to be soggy
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Pleasantly surprised with Pakenham this morning. Greens were in good shape..a little slow..but in good shape
    I like to call it a power fade

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    I played Metcalfe and Champlain on the weekend (Wife and kids were out of town!)

Metcalfe is indeed in good shape. The fairways are noticeably greener than the rough but overall it was playing very well. I hadn't been there since they added the new nine. It's a nice stretch of holes.

Somehow Champlain was really really wet. Lots of standing water in places but overall it is in incredible shape given the lack of rain. That place must be built on a swamp or they are watering the daylights out of it. The greens weren't overly fast but they were really soft. Had lots of balls bite and spin back.
    Good to wait a few days after rain at Champlain as it dont drain well.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham is in great shape. Greens are at there best right now. Fairways are green. All good.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played Anderson recently? Looking for feedback on course conditions.

Stonebridge is in excellent condition, tee to green.

I had to get on here and praise Le Sorcier. Great conditions, lush and green fairways, fast and soft greens, beautiful white consistent sand. The new owner has done a great job, paved the cart paths, had a ton of marshalls making sure the pace of play was good. Friendly staff which was not always the case. I really could not say one bad thing about the course, facilities or staff. Congrats to Sorcier!!
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I had to get on here and praise Le Sorcier. Great conditions, lush and green fairways, fast and soft greens, beautiful white consistent sand. The new owner has done a great job, paved the cart paths, had a ton of marshalls making sure the pace of play was good. Friendly staff which was not always the case. I really could not say one bad thing about the course, facilities or staff. Congrats to Sorcier!!
    Agree 100% Luc. I think they have turned this place around 180 deg.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Played Cloverdale for the first time in a couple of years yesterday. Beautiful conditions! Greens were some of the best and most consistent I have played this year!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Also played Renfrew this week with my son and my wife. I had forgotten how beautiful this course is and difficult. Its not for everyone especially if you cant hit a straight ball but man, what a challenge.Its in great condition.And the members are so nice and friendly, everyone waving at us and even some ladies drove my wife to her tee-off on number one. Just a great day.
    Well worth the drive from Gatineau.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Nations today--unbelievable---3hrs 45--great conditions. I have not been in a year or so but noticed lots of little cleaned up areas---nice difference. OH YEAH Lefty---huge improvement at Sorcier
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Lob Wedge Le sorcier is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Thank you for your comments, we do our best every year to improve the course and our services to our guest, so happy that you enjoyed your day with us and hope to see you again this year! I will pass along your message to our entire staff.

Sincerly,

Guy Beaulieu
    General Manager

You are welcome Guy, we played with two very nice ladies visiting from the Club de golf de l'Ile de Montréal. They were both very impressed with the course and condition as well. Fantastic!!
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played there today. In the last 2 weeks I will give them credit, their greens were excellent today. Considering the heat and lack of rain, they are rolling really nice. Everything else was in great shape as well. Worth a visit.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Agreed, played most days this week, and playing first thing in the morning again! A++

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Played there today. In the last 2 weeks I will give them credit, their greens were excellent today. Considering the heat and lack of rain, they are rolling really nice. Everything else was in great shape as well. Worth a visit.
    Agreed Jeff!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Oaks of Cobden was fantastic today , great course , 10mins past Renfrew , if your in the area , you must try it
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Echo all that has been said about Le Sorcier. One added bonus today: on 12, we were greeted by a marshal providing towels soaked in ice-water ! Well done Le Sorcier - we will be back !

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TLB View Post
    Echo all that has been said about Le Sorcier. One added bonus today: on 12, we were greeted by a marshal providing towels soaked in ice-water ! Well done Le Sorcier - we will be back !
    Kudos to Stonebridge as well for giving out free bottles of water as well last Friday when it was super hot.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Kudos to Stonebridge as well for giving out free bottles of water as well last Friday when it was super hot.
    Yes, they have been doing this most days lately I have found. Will see if it continues tonight and tomorrow!

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Played Loch March yesterday....stunning.
    Also played Renfrew last weekend and while my game was horrid the course was magnificent. Two of my very favourite courses in 4 days

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar

Dry

Getting dry out there, need some rain! (Preferably in the dark hours). Metcalfe 9 pond on 7/8 is pretty much dried up, first time I've ever seen that. Fairways and greens are still fine but rough is almost burnt off. Surprisingly down the road Champions has water in their creeks. Must be different sources. Casselview is still in great shape, lots of water in their creeks too. Hammond is dry! Pond on 2/3 and 5 are pretty much gone. Creeks look bare too. Chance of rain in the forecast, here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Getting dry out there, need some rain! (Preferably in the dark hours). Metcalfe 9 pond on 7/8 is pretty much dried up, first time I've ever seen that. Fairways and greens are still fine but rough is almost burnt off. Surprisingly down the road Champions has water in their creeks. Must be different sources. Casselview is still in great shape, lots of water in their creeks too. Hammond is dry! Pond on 2/3 and 5 are pretty much gone. Creeks look bare too. Chance of rain in the forecast, here's hoping.
    Chances are the differences being that some courses water with the ponds and others dont, hence the dryness of some ponds and not of others.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Dragonfly and Renfrew , both courses were in good shape. Dragonfly was as good as I've seen it , greens were slick .
    Renfrew was also in good shape , greens rolling real nice , although both these courses are a bit rough around the edges due to lack of consistent rain .
    I forgot how much fun they are to play too , I'll be back soon
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Buckingham yesterday---quick (good condition) greens and much faster fairways---lots of roll ---getting pretty dry
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Off to Stonebridge again today and tomorrow, the normal walk down the street routine!

Will give an update now that the greens have been aerated.

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    Cedarhill is bone dry...greens not great either, and sloooooooow play. It's almost unbearable on the weekend there now.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Anyone played Falcon Ridge recently ?. How's the condition..bone dry my guess ?

Thread Information