100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Summer conditions

Ok summer is officially here---played the Canadian yesterday----really great shape---starting to see a little burn but Mark is doing a fantastic job----the new 17th is really a "risk-reward" hole. Maybe he should have left the bridge to 18--a little longer walk but less confusing ???? My .02
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    eQuinelle. Epic.

Though their ponds may soon run out of water. Never seen them so low.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Putter Cartwright is on a distinguished road
    I agree on Canadian. Played it this week for the first time in 10 years. Very impressed. 17 still needs a little help with grow in, but a great change. They are definitely seeing the effects of this dry year, but managing it well!

Gap Wedge suprmnjl is on a distinguished road
    Carleton Golf and Yacht club have some of the fastest greens I have ever played. Im shocked with the condition, fairways feel like walking on carpet. I'm so happy with the membership so far. Mapleview was in decent shape, same with Renfrew and thunderbirds.

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Played Marshes Sunday June 26th, very good shape.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Loch March is in excellent shape. No bugs either yesterday.

Equinelle on Wednesday---so much green gras I thought I was in Ireland--excellent condition. Lombard Glen yesterday---greens were in good shape but the fairways really need water---I think everyone should be praying for a couple of days of decent rain

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Lots of courses could you a bit of rain..the fairways are browning out and rock solid !

anyone play Stonebridge lately? How are conditions with the hot weather? Are the greens ok?

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Stonebridge...
    Front 9 is very nice, greens are super fast, fairways are certainly a bit dry, but that's no big deal.
    Back 9, well they punched the greens I am guessing a week ago maybe and they are really slow getting back to shape.
    It is tough playing front 9 on super fast smooth greens and then back 9 on plinko greens!

Putter Cartwright is on a distinguished road
    Stonebridge greens were punched either Monday or yesterday, not last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartwright View Post
    Stonebridge greens were punched either Monday or yesterday, not last week.
    I played Monday at 9am, so I doubt they were done Monday, and I would be surprised if they did them on the weekend, so that brings us back to last week... anyways... they definitely need some time and some water !

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    Actually we sliced our back nine greens on Monday and front nine greens on Tuesday. Basically like sticking a bunch of very thin knives in the ground. We followed it up with a very light top-dressing and rolling. This will help promote air flow and allow the coming rain to absorb into the greens much easier.

All our greens are already running very well after the process. Probably close to 100% by Thursday.

We did not aerate, "punch", or pull any cores. We will be aerating our greens Aug 2-3 as usual.
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

Quote Originally Posted by Stonebridge View Post
    Actually we sliced our back nine greens on Monday and front nine greens on Tuesday. Basically like sticking a bunch of very thin knives in the ground. We followed it up with a very light top-dressing and rolling. This will help promote air flow and allow the coming rain to absorb into the greens much easier.

All our greens are already running very well after the process. Probably close to 100% by Thursday.

We did not aerate, "punch", or pull any cores. We will be aerating our greens Aug 2-3 as usual.
    My apologies, I am clearly wrong. They must have been done early Monday as I played at 9:21 and started the back nine before noon.

I will say that something like this work should have been communicated to the golfers ahead of time. The greens were not really playable in many cases, it truly was like putting on a plinko board. I understand 100% that this work needed to be done and have no problem with that, but had I known it was being done I would have booked elsewhere.

I have limited chances to golf and pick courses like Stonebridge because it is always in top shape and I love the course and playing an amazing front nine and then seeing the back nine all sliced up was a real letdown. I don't understand why courses cant share this info ahead of time. It is almost like a "bait and switch" scenario where you do not get what you paid for...

Anyways, again I apologize for stating the wrong info at first.

SB has been pretty good about posting this stuff in the past on social media, etc. I'm playing friday, hopefully they will be back to normal. I'll report back.

Putter putterface is on a distinguished road
    Went out and played Glen Mar yesterday after I heard the boys from Pine View took it over. Greens incredible and fairways lush even in these drought like conditions. Definitely coming back to play again.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Good to know, hitting up GlenMar tomorrow.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I called Stonebridge and they never offered any info ---until I asked !!!!! Their response was " lightly sliced" ????? Will see Friday as I have no cancellation choice. Needless to say I will have a talk with someone if it is not playable condition. I do realize this is necessary but would have liked to see notices like last year ????

Played SB this afternoon--greens are playable--hardly noticed the light slicing

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Played SB this afternoon--greens are playable--hardly noticed the light slicing
    agreed, but I just can't get excited about their greens. Compared to Loch March, Outaouais and eQuinelle, they are lacking the quality that those courses offer on the greens. They really should be much better. On the positive side, they have redone all of their bunkers which were terrible last year with new sand.

Hi guys---anyone played Renfrew lately ??

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Hammond was in great shape today. The greens were a bit slow but still in good shape. They must have done some serious drainage work over the past few years as there was zero standing water this morning after all that rain on the weekend. And no cart restrictions.

Another plus: they have increased the tee-time intervals to ten minutes. I have golfed there twice this year and although the course was full, we were done in just under four hours both times !

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hi guys---anyone played Renfrew lately ??
    2-3 times a week since opening day. It has been in great shape tee to green all year. I can't believe more people aren't taking advantage of the Sunday Deal: golf, cart burger and a beer for $40
    Andrew

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    I joined renfrew this year. The conditions paired with layout make the drive well worth it.

Thanks guys---I got the answer I figured I would get--heading up on Sunday

Played Mont Cascades yesterday---greens were fine--on the slow side, but somehow the course did not appeal to me that much--maybe it was me but I found too many "weird" holes. Really appreciated the shop attendant---he was a riot. He should give lessons on how to deal with customers.

Lob Wedge Euchred is on a distinguished road
    I played Metcalfe yesterday morning and it was in very good shape. Greens were running true and reasonably quick. Fairways were in much better shape than I figured they would be given the lack of rain in the area. Koodoos to Rob Howell and his crew for maintaining the course in excellent condition. Very enjoyable round as I was joined a group of 3 senior members who made me feel very welcome!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    2-3 times a week since opening day. It has been in great shape tee to green all year. I can't believe more people aren't taking advantage of the Sunday Deal: golf, cart burger and a beer for $40
    Now thats a deal for such a great course. Will; be heading out there sometime this summer.

Played Sand Point yesterday--course has quite a few improvements in fences--buildings etc---did not recognize any of the staff--course in decent shape---could have used more cutting but probably slow because of rain. I love walking the back nine---beautiful fairways

Another good day---Le Sorcier--teed off at 12:00 and finished in 3 1/2--absolutely great day---good conditions. Low round of the year 81.

Pitching Wedge tortoise is on a distinguished road
    I played Metcalfe and Champlain on the weekend (Wife and kids were out of town!)

Metcalfe is indeed in good shape. The fairways are noticeably greener than the rough but overall it was playing very well. I hadn't been there since they added the new nine. It's a nice stretch of holes.

Somehow Champlain was really really wet. Lots of standing water in places but overall it is in incredible shape given the lack of rain. That place must be built on a swamp or they are watering the daylights out of it. The greens weren't overly fast but they were really soft. Had lots of balls bite and spin back.

Thread Information