CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Head or shaft?

Sand Wedge Wilderness is on a distinguished road

Head or shaft?

I wandered into golf town looking for a grip on my R9 superdeep. I had just come from the range and realized I hit it better than my newer driver.

I found myself ogling and drooling over the new titleist offering. Had what I thought was my shaft and loft combo...

So I had tHe rare side by side... The difference was ENORMOUS ... The r9 superdeep was waaaay Better. So the very pleasant young golf town clerk grabbed a callaway he thought would work. It was closer... Then a very nice Nike. Which was closer still. But the r9 still had the longest and consistent drives ( all left of centre... Due to weighting). The clerk explained I was just used to it but for me there was no reason at all to change. The r9 is like 6 years old or so? I have acquired 3 shafts for it.... But it seems the one it came with is the one to stick with (an oddball motore 3.2 x)

Ps
    I own 5 drivers... And have concluded ... I will carry 2. This will be my draw/ hook club and another even older adams will be my fade / slice club.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I had a similar experience, went for a TM fitting, he made me hit my driver (Nickent 4dx Evolver) 2x, I was not even warmed up. I then hit the newest drivers about 40x with different combinations and he concluded that his suggestion was better than my driver. I asked to look at the stats and sure enough the TM I hit was 2 yds longer than the Nickent, stick with old faithful.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I asked to look at the stats and sure enough the TM I hit was 2 yds longer than the Nickent, stick with old faithful.
    What did he say then? That must have been kind of awkward...

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    What did he say then? That must have been kind of awkward...
    2 yards eh? how much money would you be paying per yard... $150.

i wonder if you put a new grip on would it even be 2 yards... I swear a new grip is a part of why we all love new clubs. You don't have to grip so hard and your hand action is that fraction smoother.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    True about the grips - they make such a difference. I usually can't stand stock grips and look to replace them with something like the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips...love those.

i put a bunch of lamkin's on last year...they weren't crossline... i regret it... just not as tacky as i would like. but maybe with a good cleaning

My goal is to have the same grip on all my playing clubs this year. they are a little bit of a hodge podge right now.

first round with two drivers...
    disaster...
    wow i suck...

the only thing is my 3 wood just wanted to go down the pipe all day long... but i wanted to try driver over and over again... i must have lost like5 10 strokes to pure stupidity... maybe 1

Thread Information