CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter kasturbo is on a distinguished road

Vector Pro help/accuracy question

I recently finished my basement pit/hitting area. I bought a used Vector Pro and have it calibrated. The problem is the accuracy seems way off. For example, my 8 iron is only flying a max of 90-100 yards. My normal carry for this club is 140 yards.

My unit has the updated lenses, so i've only used the auto calibration. I'm using the supplied guide for hitting zone area, so I'm sure I'm hitting from the correct area. I've also tried all three delay settings, with not change in result. Two balls pictures do show in the window for each hit, so the cameras are working.

Any suggestions or help would be great. I don't expect this to be spot on, but I shouldn't expect it to be that far off correct?

Lob Wedge PSH is on a distinguished road
    I have a Vector Pro , and find it is pretty accurate for distance, direction is more of a problem ...but I'm using my unit outside.

What kind of ball speed is it reporting for your 90 yard shots? , if your normal carry is around 140 I would guess ball speed would be around 100- 105 mph.

Putter kasturbo is on a distinguished road
    Thanks PSH. I will report back tonight with the ball speed.

Your comment about using yours outdoors prompted another thought. Is there a lighting requirement for the Vector. I have this in my basement and wouldn't say the lighting is the best. Could this cause the issue? Also I probably need to check to make sure the unit is level.

Lob Wedge PSH is on a distinguished road
    I have heard the unit is better when level and also at the same height as the surface you hit from ...I believe the unit works best when the light is consistent so indoors is best...use the mono setting to see if you're capturing a good ball image without too much visual interference.

You should be able to see the images the unit is capturing and whether it is mapping the lines on your ball correctly...assuming your machine isn't faulty , I believe it's worth taking some time to work with it , I have an original Vector which I still use outdoors for quick sessions in my net, and a Vector Pro , the Vector Pro is more fussy to set up , but the software is much better eg saving and recalling sessions...

Thread Information