100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    2 Iron luigicactus is on a distinguished road
    Played the Marshes yesterday, so windy! Fairway are in a pretty decent shape, but was very disappointed in the greens. Very uneven, a bunch of them were also plagued with some sort of worms.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MRF View Post
    Played two rounds at smugglers over the weekend. Greens were maybe the slowest I've ever played in my life, also a little bumpy. Tee boxes could use a cut as well as it was similar length to the rough. Fairways were good. All in all, still good rounds as the course has a great layout, hopefully conditions improve for the greens and tee boxes as it is still mid May.
    Gofingord posted amazing conditions at Smuggs, you guys need to get in a room, close the door and fight it out, very differing opinions under a week apart, weird.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Any word on Upper Canada?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Any word on Upper Canada?
    I played there today. The greens are magnificent. There were some bare patches on some fairways but not enough to worry about. Overall it is in very good condition. I didn't make any birdies so there are lots still out there!!

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    How is Perth Golf Club? Never played it and thinking about it for this weekend
    I like to call it a power fade

Thanks fourlights
    Lefty Lucas

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Meadows and it was in fair shape
    They need a bit of heat and some rain and it will be tip top
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Played Meadows and it was in fair shape
    They need a bit of heat and some rain and it will be tip top
    heat's coming, rain not so much.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Mont-Cascades today, greens are exceptionally beautiful, a bit slower than usual, course was overall in great shape but will need rain soon as fairways may get pretty hard.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham greens have been punched. Need some warm weather and a bit of rain as it is dry.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Stonebridge and Casselview were in great conditions this week---Metcalfe I'm afraid to say needs some tender loving care..my partner paid full pop--67.00---unfortunately not worth that kind of money.

We do need some rain though.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Really, I played Stonebridge on Friday and found the greens to be the worst I've played yet this season?

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Upper Canada greens are in spectacular shape. What a treat today.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfguy View Post
    Really, I played Stonebridge on Friday and found the greens to be the worst I've played yet this season?
    Hi Golfguy... I guess we missed what would have been the benefit of any earlier reviews of Stonebridge by you after John and Big Mac asked what conditions were like, and it was only SnazzyD who offerred an assessment till Bic Mac's recent one. So till now we missed seeing your comments.
    Can you now elaborate on what made the greens appear as their worst in comparison to the previous conditions you've experinced at Stonebridge, conditions you have witnessed over the spring thus far that may not have merited any reviews till now?

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Played Smith Falls this afternoon..course is in good shape. The greens are superb!
    I like to call it a power fade

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    In all fairness to everyone--there was really nothing wrong with Stonebridge greens for this time of the year--if you were expecting mid-summer conditions I think that would be a little much. Talking about greens---I thought I would take a walk yesterday and went to BEARBROOK for 20.00 (seniors) I could not believe the quality of the greens---now they were slow--they could have been cut a little lower but maybe they are trying to fight the no rain scenario---quodos to Todd---there was only one green with a small blemish. The fairways were cut but the rough was rough (high)--again too bad but Bearbrook is Bearbrook--wish I had the money and another 30 years in the tank
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Equinelle is epic. Greens are in mid season form and roll beautiful.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Unfortunatly our home course Buckingham is in poor shape right now with 3 temporary tee boxes as they are being redone. We need some rain right now. I am sure it will be o.k in about a months time.

Gatineau greens are in fantastic shape but not the fairways. We need rain soon.

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    In all fairness to everyone--there was really nothing wrong with Stonebridge greens for this time of the year--if you were expecting mid-summer conditions I think that would be a little much. Talking about greens---I thought I would take a walk yesterday and went to BEARBROOK for 20.00 (seniors) I could not believe the quality of the greens---now they were slow--they could have been cut a little lower but maybe they are trying to fight the no rain scenario---quodos to Todd---there was only one green with a small blemish. The fairways were cut but the rough was rough (high)--again too bad but Bearbrook is Bearbrook--wish I had the money and another 30 years in the tank
    Really? Well I heard they fired the greens keeper because of it, due to them being covered too late and left covered too long, nothing wrong? LOL!

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Heritage today.

Greens were bumpy and a little slow... no winter kill, they should be fine in 2 weeks. rest of the course was good fairway grass a little high but they were cutting today. $40 bucks with the cart.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    With the incredible weather we have had this week, the thread should be changed to Summer Conditions.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    In response to the varied feedback I'd offer the following; these are opinions only. I played a course a few years back that was referred to as mint. Personally, I thought it was rough. I've always believed that you get what you pay for. I think the north course at Hunt this spring is spotty. For others who have never played the track they might find it to be in exceptional condition. Problem for many is the lack of context or benchmark. In the absence of some metric this will remain a very subjective thread. JMO

Putter fodder is on a distinguished road
    Casselview punched Tuesday, but only with small tines. Ball still rolling great! Only saw one short pitch catch a bad bounce from a hole.

Hawkesbury is in very good condition, the greens rolled great, more than a few 3 putts were had.
    Lefty Lucas

One of my favs Luc. Thanks for sharing.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Hawkesbury is in very good condition, the greens rolled great, more than a few 3 putts were had.
    I concur, Hawkesbury is in great shape from tee to green... only if my game was in as good of shape...

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    Played Loch March today .... AWESOME !! Excellent condition Excellent staff breakfast and a bite and beer afterwards. Since they introduced dragonflies we hardly saw a mosquito lots of dragonflies excellent fairways and greens and bunkers definitely going back lots of groundskeepers working on it ..... keep up the good work Loch March
    if i could only putt !!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc View Post
    Played Loch March today .... AWESOME !! Excellent condition Excellent staff breakfast and a bite and beer afterwards. Since they introduced dragonflies we hardly saw a mosquito lots of dragonflies excellent fairways and greens and bunkers definitely going back lots of groundskeepers working on it ..... keep up the good work Loch March
    Don't hold back bobby, tell us what you really think...LOL

Good to hear it is in great shape and the introduction of dragonflies to help with mosquitoes.

2 Iron luigicactus is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Mont Ste-Marie this year?

Thread Information