CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Looking for reviews on Upper Canada and Smugglers Glen. Has anybody ventured out there yet? Conditions? Thinking of taking a drive out to either one depending on your review.

Any comments would be much appreciated. thanks

8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    Smugglers was nice. Played last weekend. Greens were slow. Fairways and rough were green and in great shape. Bunkers were hard. Weather down that way was was nice all week though, I'd imagine they'd put some work in.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Vieux Moulins today, played only a nine, the back nine. The Vieux Moulins being the Vieux Moulins and not Eagle Creek or Outaouais, is in decent shape, some of the greens have a few little spots but generally good roll and good speed, bunkers were raked and ok, the fairways were ok for the Moulins , it's time to play before they get cement hard.

The price .... $17. for a green fee and $15. for a cart for those who want to ride.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Anyone play Stonebridge yet?

Putter birdyStreak4 is on a distinguished road
    Played Anderson Links today. South-East was great, greens rolling well and didn't see any damage on any of them.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Edelweiss today. Good shape, greens are nice, a little slow and a few maybe three or four are a little bumpy especially on the back but ok. Surprisingly dry even on #1 and #2 where it is usually wet.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Edelweiss today. Good shape, greens are nice, a little slow and a few maybe three or four are a little bumpy especially on the back but ok. Surprisingly dry even on #1 and #2 where it is usually wet.
    Good to hear. One of our favs.

8 Iron Nomoe is on a distinguished road Nomoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Good to hear. One of our favs.
    Hey Lads,
    Anyone been to Pakenham Highlands,conditions OK?
    Ping never misses...

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Whitetail is in great shape. Greens wintered great and the course is dry, they're watering actually.

Lob Wedge MRF is on a distinguished road
    Anderson Links yesterday. About what you'd expect this time of year. Greens were a little bumpy and slow. Rest of the course was fine. That being said, I booked online earlier in the week and their online booking system showed a $28 Green Fee, which was an error on their end. However, they honored that price so good on them for that.

In the end it was $50 with a cart including HST. I felt it was a fair price for the course. If it wasn't for the error it would have been $49 + HST just for the green fee...which probably wouldn't have felt right after the round.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MRF View Post
    Anderson Links yesterday. About what you'd expect this time of year. Greens were a little bumpy and slow. Rest of the course was fine. That being said, I booked online earlier in the week and their online booking system showed a $28 Green Fee, which was an error on their end. However, they honored that price so good on them for that.

In the end it was $50 with a cart including HST. I felt it was a fair price for the course. If it wasn't for the error it would have been $49 + HST just for the green fee...which probably wouldn't have felt right after the round.
    Your right $50 + tax for this course would not feel right...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomoe View Post
    Hey Lads,
    Anyone been to Pakenham Highlands,conditions OK?
    Hi Nomoe, played there Saturday, the greens were punched not long ago and were bumpy and long so probably wait another week before they fill in better and get cut, otherwise it the faiways were in good shape.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter Go-Low is on a distinguished road
    Played Loch March both Friday and Saturday. Incredible condition. Full on mid summer conditions. It seems every year it gets better somehow.

Played Pakenham for my opening round 2 weeks ago and was quite surprised. Best id seen it in years although the greens a bit bumpy from fall aeration still but for Pakenham it showed hints of its former glory.

Lurked on these forums for a while and just signed up today. Hoping for an awesome golf season and hoping my game improves!

6 Iron golfngord is on a distinguished road
    Smuggs is in amazing condition, well worth the drive

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Good to hear that Smugglers is in great shape...one of my favourites...

It appears that most of the courses have wintered very well this year. So far I have played Outaouais, Canadian, Equinelle and the Marshes and all four are in great shape.

Hope everyone has a great golf season!!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Good to hear that Smugglers is in great shape...one of my favourites...

It appears that most of the courses have wintered very well this year. So far I have played Outaouais, Canadian, Equinelle and the Marshes and all four are in great shape.

Hope everyone has a great golf season!!
    Agree. Wishing you also a good season.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Anyone played Heritage or Montebello, heading that way this weekend to get stuff at the cottage and was going to slip in a game on Sunday
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Equinele yesterday---great conditions--lots of staff working on the fairways etc---a treat to play at this time of the year.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hey guys--any word on Stonebridge ???

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    Heading to Kanata Lakes this afternoon, will shoot an update afterwards!

Birdie BOB LEFEBVRE is on a distinguished road BOB LEFEBVRE's Avatar
    Kanata is in great shape dry greens are fast and smooth .

Yes agreed, played Kanata last night and it was in mid season form, fantastic! Greens are rolling true and fast!!!

Pineview is not in great shape unfortunatly. Lots of winter kill in fairways and greens also. But i am sure they will bounce back very quickly with the rain and warm weather coming our way.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Pineview is not in great shape unfortunatly. Lots of winter kill in fairways and greens also. But i am sure they will bounce back very quickly with the rain and warm weather coming our way.
    The Exec course is a bit better but I agreed, lots of fairway winter kills on the Championship course.

The greens on Championship course are full of sand and not rolling well at all last weekend. Not a good experience even with a 25$ round after 1pm

Hopefully the warm weather will help it to grow out

Hammond today---greens in OK conditions--a little winter kill on fairways but overall in great shape for this time of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    The Exec course is a bit better but I agreed, lots of fairway winter kills on the Championship course.

The greens on Championship course are full of sand and not rolling well at all last weekend. Not a good experience even with a 25$ round after 1pm

Hopefully the warm weather will help it to grow out
    The course was packed full yesterday and green fees where 25.00 in morning. They are smart and price the course accordingly.

Played Emerald Links yesterday and the conditions we felt were surprisingly excellent, from the fairways to the greens being fast and true, definitely will be back the next nice day we get!

Putter birdyStreak4 is on a distinguished road
    Playing Hammond on the weekend, glad to hear it's 'ok'. I've seen tough spring conditions in the past over there.
    Last edited by birdyStreak4; 05-14-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: golf course unclear

Lob Wedge MRF is on a distinguished road
    Played two rounds at smugglers over the weekend. Greens were maybe the slowest I've ever played in my life, also a little bumpy. Tee boxes could use a cut as well as it was similar length to the rough. Fairways were good. All in all, still good rounds as the course has a great layout, hopefully conditions improve for the greens and tee boxes as it is still mid May.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hey guys--any word on Stonebridge ???
    Played 18 in the rain on Saturday. Hard to judge the greens which were slow after the storm, but everything was in very good shape and I didn't even think about it as early spring conditions - no bald spots in the fairways, no puddles, no patches on the greens. Played 6 or 7 holes like a pro and the rest like I was drunk....again, probably not the course unless they put magnets in all the water hazards (again).

Thread Information