CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found a house

Gap Wedge suprmnjl is on a distinguished road

Found a house

Hey again all,

Thanks a ton for all the input when it came to Cartier. I actually will not be getting a membership. My wife and I have recently won a bid for a home on the first tee of Carleton golf and yacht club. Hopefully the home inspections go well.. I will be talking to Kyle (assistant GM) today about an intermediate membership. This course looks tough. Fishing and golfing, gotta love the area. Anybody else around there/ know the course?

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    The course isn't that long but it's certainly not all that easy either. It doesn't have alot of undulation and is fairly flat. A good score can be had if you keep it in play.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Thanks Saint, looks intimidating to me. Only my second year and I played a ton at Madawaska. Really excited for golf everyday

Lob Wedge TheBigM is on a distinguished road
    I've been a member at CG&YC for 10 years and found the course to be challenging for all levels and it plays longer that the 6400 yards on the card. I started out with a handicap in the high twenties and now I play to a single digit handicap. The Pros and the practice facilities will provide you with the instruction and the opportunity to improve your game. I’m sure you will have a great experience as a member and homeowner in the community. Looking forward to playing with you.

Thank you so much BigM!! I cant wait

Onto the last inspection for the house. Septic and well. I wonder if all the other houses on Marina drive are septic or if anybody is on city sewage and water?

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    I just checked for you with someone that lives close by (and he is a Carleton Golf Club Member as well), and he says that all the homes in there are on well and septic systems, there are no municipal water or sewage services in that neighbourhood... Ensure you've got an alarm on any sump pump (and a spare pump [they are cheap if you consider not having an extra one in an emergency] and have it at the ready should you need it).
    Signed, From 'Experience'.

Marc. I really appreciate the help!!! I will let all you guys know how it goes tomorrow. I really hope its a clean inspection, I love the location. Thank you again and i hope you have an amazing weekend.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suprmnjl View Post
    Hey again all,

Thanks a ton for all the input when it came to Cartier. I actually will not be getting a membership. My wife and I have recently won a bid for a home on the first tee of Carleton golf and yacht club. Hopefully the home inspections go well.. I will be talking to Kyle (assistant GM) today about an intermediate membership. This course looks tough. Fishing and golfing, gotta love the area. Anybody else around there/ know the course?
    Hope the inspection goes well - you will love CGYC, both the course and the members - make sure to sign up for Mens night (weds).
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Hey 4jag,

Went pretty well, we have a few negotiations left but it looks like it will be a firmed up deal on Wednesday. I cant wait for mens night I'm not the best golfer(my second year) I am however, willing to learn and play a ton with a positive attitude. See you guys on the course.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suprmnjl View Post
    Hey 4jag,

Went pretty well, we have a few negotiations left but it looks like it will be a firmed up deal on Wednesday. I cant wait for mens night I'm not the best golfer(my second year) I am however, willing to learn and play a ton with a positive attitude. See you guys on the course.
    Our mens league accommodates players of all abilities. There is a season long individual and team (5 guys) competition and individual and team (2 man) match-play events spread across 4 flights A thru D. Tons of weekly prizes again flighted so its open to those who shoot in the 60s as well as those who shoot in the 100s.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Sounds amazing!!! I hope to be involved in all the events My goal this year will be to try and play consistently in the 90's(95-99) by the end of the season. I presume i will be in the D division at the start of the year
    My move in day is May 16th, when does the mens league usual start?

I will also be in the sun scramble(D division)this year. I also finished second in the executive golf D division event last year. Shot, 102,104,96 last year. I love a good competition!!! Tons to learn and i cant wait to meet all the members.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Just to follow-up on the sump pump thing. I also have a friend just up the road from you------second pump installed and on an alarm system. Seems to be a pre-requisite out there.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

No alarm on the pump we have, I will have to get one installed and have a second one on hand for sure. Thanks again for all the help BM!!
    Super excited for the golf season

Thread Information