+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge suprmnjl is on a distinguished road

Chateau cartier golf course

Any thoughts on the course? They have a cheapish intermediate membership. 8 mins from my work for $1035 tax in.

2 Iron cobra613 is on a distinguished road
    if you enjoy an overpacked course and 5-6 hours to kill per round I would say yes go ahead and sign up

Quote Originally Posted by cobra613 View Post
    if you enjoy an overpacked course and 5-6 hours to kill per round I would say yes go ahead and sign up
    Sounds brutal , thanks for the response.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That is not a fair assessment IMHO. I have played it many times and only once did I have a slow round. Any course can experience that. I would not base your decision on that comment. I do feel that the layout was hurt by the re-routing a couple of years back, but it's a good course. It was just a bit better before the changes.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thanks Kilroy, hard to pass up a membership for 1000 when its 8 mins from my work and Champlain is asking 1700.

8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    I'd say thats a little unfair. Obviously depends on when you play. I've been out there early and played in less that 2hrs. The layout might frustrate you sometimes, but walking along the Ottawa River is always nice. Keep in mind though they (almost) always have spots for the last minute members of the various golf cards. It'll take a lot of rounds at that rate before you hit the 1000$ mark, plus discounts at other courses.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    I would agree with Kilroy. I belong to one of the golf associations and do CC about twice a year. Holes 1 & 2 and 17 & 18 were changed due to Condo development and I really can't say that I miss the old par 3 #17. I only hit that GIR once; and that was with a 5-wood !

Also agree with Bodey; the holes along the river can be very pleasant and scenic ... as long as there are not too many geese out

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I too enjoy the course and play it a few times a year. I find the course in decent shape, nice bar and food in hotel after, scenic and very close to downtown. I've never actually had a really slow round there. It get busy sometimes but so do the vast majority of public or semi private clubs.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Again, its when you play it that will determine how long it takes. I have played it at least 100 times in the past and weekends afternoon are not the best but weekdays early and you get your round in 4 hrs. and sometimes less.As far as design, yes, it has been shortened and its different from the "old" course but my wife and i enjoy very much. The price is right for a course in the city.

I think I might end up going with the deal. $1035 tax in includes pull cart each time and a GolfXtra member card

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Its a resort hotel so you can expect that the marshalls do not push the pace and allow guests to enjoy the round. My wife used to work there and I played the course a lot, as mentioned depending on the time of day, it can be slow like any other course. The changes they have made over the last few years to the layout in order to accommodate condos has made it kinda quirky.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

my apologies, I like many of the young golfers out there are only able to play after 5pm and on weekends. Yes the course is very slow at those times, but if you suprmnjl are able to play early weekdays and even early weekends I would say go for it. My opinion was based on the times I have played there, don`t get me wrong it is in fact a nice little course alongside the river especially when chronogolf.com offers deals on it but depending on how many rounds youre looking to get at this place in a year I would say book through chronogolf. They do usually have their spring rates go well into the summer months aswell which is above and beyond most other courses.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    my apologies, I like many of the young golfers out there are only able to play after 5pm and on weekends. Yes the course is very slow at those times, but if you suprmnjl are able to play early weekdays and even early weekends I would say go for it. My opinion was based on the times I have played there, don`t get me wrong it is in fact a nice little course alongside the river especially when chronogolf.com offers deals on it but depending on how many rounds youre looking to get at this place in a year I would say book through chronogolf. They do usually have their spring rates go well into the summer months aswell which is above and beyond most other courses.
    Yes, we "old" guys tend to forget about all you young guns that cant play early morning. No need to apoligize but shows that you have class.
    Enjoy the coming season wherever you are playing.

thank you Marcos, you as well.

Shagging Balls Wayne is on a distinguished road
    i played in 3 hours Thurday and Friday afternoon.
    Birdie put

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Just a question...why would you consider buying a membership at any place you have yet to play?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Its 8 mins to my work and 12 mins from my house. Its $700 cheaper than any other course around that area.I want a place close so I can play as much as I can. I'm also looking at a few homes around Carleton Golf and Yacht Club/ Stonebridge.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Hi suprmnjl,
    If you are thinking of buying a home in the south end, and you mention Stonebridge and The Carleton are being considered, then consider also The Hylands Golf Club... It's a tremendous value and has 36 holes (38 if you count the two short practice holes). Look up several threads here on this forum about the Hylands, including one recent thread. Send me a personal message if you wanted to check out Hylands with me in the spring, I'm a member there and would show you The Hylands' great faciltiies.
    I'm headed 'outside' to the driving range today at Kevin Haime. See everyone there! Cheers...

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suprmnjl View Post
    Its 8 mins to my work and 12 mins from my house. Its $700 cheaper than any other course around that area.I want a place close so I can play as much as I can. I'm also looking at a few homes around Carleton Golf and Yacht Club/ Stonebridge.
    They'd be more than happy to take your money anytime. I'd strongly suggest you play before you pay full tilt. It does have some quirks to its 'redesigned' layout and is prone to flooding along the river holes during wet weather which can make those holes unplayable at times.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar

yup

no kidding,especially trying to get started on number 1,always backed up from the get go,but its an enjoyable course.And maybe they will have a better way to get to the parking lot from 18 one day.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    never play when the geese are in season....they congregate on the river holes; there are times you can barely find a walking path through the stuff

Thread Information