CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter jcolton31 is on a distinguished road

Planning Stages: Indoor Golf Simulator for New House Build

Hello all,

I'm new to the forums after reading for the past couple months. I'm in the planning stages of building a new house and am planning to build an indoor golf space in our new basement. I'm likely going to purchase a Trackman 4 and use Perfect Golf for simulation (I'm a beta tester for PG Course Forge and look forward to playing my creations online/offline w/ friends).

I've got the requirement specs from Trackman and think I've got the space for it in our new basement. We actually widened our kitchen by a foot from the initial draft specifically to get the 15 feet needed below it. Attached below is a conceptual draft of what I'm thinking.

Based on this rough draft, do you see any potential pitfalls or have any recommendations that would be helpful before I get too far along? I know Trackman sells a full-indoor product, but I'm planning to just buy the hardware and piece meal the mat, enclosure, netting, projector, etc on my own. This forum has already been a big help in getting up the learning curve.

Thanks in advance for the helpful commentary. I'm looking forward to sharing my progress.

Lob Wedge lm2016 is on a distinguished road
    Hi jcolton31. Did you test the GC2 for your indoor set up. I tested both GC2 and Trackman4 4 and found the GC2 was far more reliable for indoor use and also did a far better job of capturing all the shots I hit on it accurately including short flops and putts.

From what i've seen from my testing and heard from some pros I believe the indoor performance of Trackman is not as they advertise it.

I believe GC2 also works with perfect golf although I haven't tried it. I went with FSX and love my GC2 set up. I can hit every shot I want and have verified the shot shapes out on the range on a recent trip to Florida with the family. Can't say enough good things about my GC2 with HMT.

A friend was selling me on GC2 as well. My potential issue is I'm left handed and have both lefty and righty friends who would likely be using the sim at the same time. I know one could buy 2 GC2 but I'm not sure that is doable within Perfect Golf (I have no idea if this creates a problem or not).

Does GC2/FSX have anything similar to Trackman Combine? I envision that getting a lot of use in my house, as I'll be essentially supporting my kid's golf teams as they soon enter high school years.

Lob Wedge lm2016 is on a distinguished road
    yes there is a skills challenge. It's pretty simple. 10 shots from 10 different locations. The FSX is pretty new. the skills challenge has a lot of upside potential and thy have told me there will be new options coming. My favorite is practicing from any spot on any hole.

Its like unlimited skills challenges and on course practice all at the same time and the graphics are pretty cool. Been playing Doral this weekend. I too am a lefty and both my kids are right. It hasn't been an issue moving the unit back and forth. I bought a second arm for my HMt so it's always set up for right and left as well.

i am planning to buy TGC software this week or next. How's the PG software. Haven't tried it.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    TM4 with the amount of space you have should be accurate. I use the 3 in the same space with a coach and have run my GC2 beside it. They give the same numbers. With the leftie rightie issue, TM4 is good. Another option is 2 GC2's.

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Hey Guys,
    I'm a Perfect Golf Beta Tester and the Sim is GREAT!!! Lots of features and an awesome tour. If you'd like or need know how to join either PM me or google perfect golf gc2.

Right now your good to go with either Trackman or GC2. Best of all, the cost is only $20.
    Happy Sim Golfing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    TM4 with the amount of space you have should be accurate. I use the 3 in the same space with a coach and have run my GC2 beside it. They give the same numbers. With the leftie rightie issue, TM4 is good. Another option is 2 GC2's.
    I'm not opposed to 2 GC2's. I'm just wondering if both can work simultaneously with the Perfect Golf interface. I know nothing about how the LM's interact with the software to produce the shot in the game.

Unless GC2 produces vastly superior results to the TM4, I'm probably leaning to go the Trackman route. I like the TM software tools and would be a big user of the Combine function.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    TM4 is amazing. The indoor/outdoor is model is 6k more than the indoor and the indoor will not work outside so make you know all that before you pull the trigger. You can putt, chip and hit with TM4. It'll meet your requirements.

Thread Information