CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road

P3pro plus skytrak

Anyone try these two at the same time? I know the software is not compatible, but will they read the same shot without interference?

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I used both at the same time before i sold my p3pro. At the time, the P3 was used on the computer and the skytrak was used on ipad app. They didn't have the skytrak pc app yet.

I still plan to use my P3proswing sensor pad and software, although I would like more ball information. So, I take it the flash of the P3proswing sensor pad did not cause miss reads on the Skytrak sensor?

When i was using it, it didn't interfere. I didn't use it a lot though, once i got ball tracking and knew it was giving me correct readings, i pretty much used the skytrak most of the time after. I just wanted to see how accurate the P3 and the optishot were compared to ball data from skytrak. P3 was more consistent than opti and their ball flight was closer to skytrak than opti as well.

It sounds like you did not find the club data and the ball information useful. I always wanted both, but did not want to pay price to get it.
    When you compared the ball flight of Skytrak and P3proswing, were you using launch angle of P3proswing?

I know my swing pretty well, and was getting ready to purchase TGC, so that was the reason i sold P3 and the opti. Sometimes i wish i still had the P3 though, just to check things. I did not have the launch angle camera with P3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    It sounds like you did not find the club data and the ball information useful. I always wanted both, but did not want to pay price to get it.
    When you compared the ball flight of Skytrak and P3proswing, were you using launch angle of P3proswing?

Thanks for the info.
    TGC does look great and I can see me going that way as well.
    At this point in time, I'm waiting to see what the deal is with ES 16. It appears to me it has the potential of offering a lot value for the price, but we will see.

P3proswing has performed well for me, so it will be tough to let go of it. To me, it still provides a great deal of value for the low price they are asking. I have an old serial port unit that is obsolete. That of course makes it difficult to sell. Not sure I want to in any case though.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    Hey Stone,
    I just purchased the SkyTrak. Played around a little bit using both at the same time.. No issues at all. It was interesting to compare carry distance.. Only tested with 6 iron, needed to lower the smash factor in the ProPro (edit clubs) to get the carry distance to line up on well struck shots. I too have been interested to get club and ball data.. Like wbond, I doubt I will use the P3 much now that I have the skytrak.. But, think it will be useful when working on swing changes, etc.. Just love the fact I am seeing actual launch, spin, flight data from SkyTrak.. Played around a bit with hitting low spinning wedges.. Just an example of something I can't really get feedback from the P3 on.

Wow that is very interesting. Thanks for the info roach. It seems this combo would be a great way to get both club and ball data. I am very curious how the P3pro with the launch angle set up compares.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    I could test it.. would have to set my LA camera back up.. I had it working a while back then tore it down to video my swing.. I will be away from my setup for about a week. Will try to remember to do some testing with LA when I return.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    Wow that is very interesting. Thanks for the info roach. It seems this combo would be a great way to get both club and ball data. I am very curious how the P3pro with the launch angle set up compares.
    Way back when I tested with the GC2 and P3pro I had set up the LA cam for the P3pro. What I found was that you can set up the LA cam but may not have it tilted right and you would see either a lower LA on the shots or Higher. If you could tweak it to match the GC2 LA as you hit, you could get it matching quite close and then those shots on P3pro matched much better and were accurate.

So if set up right the LA can was good on the P3pro but how do you know what is set up right without a launch monitor to do it with. I just found the slightest adjustment made a big difference.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by roach5539 View Post
    Hey Stone,
    I just purchased the SkyTrak. Played around a little bit using both at the same time.. No issues at all. It was interesting to compare carry distance.. Only tested with 6 iron, needed to lower the smash factor in the ProPro (edit clubs) to get the carry distance to line up on well struck shots. I too have been interested to get club and ball data.. Like wbond, I doubt I will use the P3 much now that I have the skytrak.. But, think it will be useful when working on swing changes, etc.. Just love the fact I am seeing actual launch, spin, flight data from SkyTrak.. Played around a bit with hitting low spinning wedges.. Just an example of something I can't really get feedback from the P3 on.
    You should look at Perfect Golf to go with the Skytrack. There are a few bugs yet but it has worked well with a skytrack in Beta testing. I play with my GC2 and it is worth it.

Lob Wedge Lawyer is on a distinguished road
    After a lot of doubts and second thoughs I finally decided to buy a Skytrak unit over a Gc2.
    The offer at 1711 dollars was indeed too tempting so I could not resist.
    I have also a P3ProSwing who has been a faithful buddy for a long time and gave me a lot of fun, still perfectly working after two years.
    I am quite sure the P3ProSwing is an affordable and precise unit, but now I have the opportunity and want to make some comparisons between both systems. Therefore, if you are interested stay in contact, will be an update as the Skytrak unit arrives

I also took advantage of the Rider Cup deal they had. Great device for that price. Mine seems to have a connection issue with the mini USB port, so I may have to return it. If I don't move it around at all it seems to work ok.

So far I am finding some of the ball and club data are very informative, while others are quite confusing.

I was going to do the same thing, but got distracted with club data. I find this thing quite accurate.

One thing I did notice was carry distance, not total, seemed a bit low for my clubs that have a low launch angle. That is 3 hybrid to driver. I found that the launch angle was between 1 and 2 degrees lower than I get with a manual launch angle measurement method I use. I also found that trajectory optimizer projects about 3% longer carry distances with the numbers Skytrak displays. I don't know who is right, but interesting.

The manual launch angle measurement I use involves placing a high speed video camera behind the player such that the exact impact point the ball makes with the screen can be observed. I then measure the height of the impact point above the tee and divide that number by the distance to the screen from the tee. I then find the angle who's tangent is that number and that gives me the launch angle. There are some things I am not taking into consideration. For example, back spin could increase the launch angle with this method. Still, I think this method is reasonably accurate. Comments welcome

wbond:
    I know you have a skytrak sensor and play online. I've been missing more greens, often on the short side, then I am use to this year and was trying to practice short chips, pitches and flops. I am having a hard time getting those to read on Skytrak. How do you get those to read? Is there a launch angle adjustment?

Thread Information