100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge Docpjk is on a distinguished road

GC2 Bluetooth question

Relative newbie with a Bluetooth connection. I have two gc2s and when I originally set it up I had both connected via USB and played fs1 and FSX with no problems. I didn't originally consider TGC because it doesn't work with two gc2s. After reading all of the great reviews on here for TGC I decided to buy it and installed it via Bluetooth (which I think is the only way it will work) and it worked ok. Took longer to get going but I was impressed with the course options. But lately I am having trouble switching back and forth. I haven't played around with it a ton but I've found that if I am playing FSX and decide I want to change to TGC I have to unplug both gc2s and restart the computer. And sometimes I get TGC going and both interfaces say "connected" but shots still won't register. Does anyone know of an easy workaround? Thanks. I have left handed kids that play with me 25% of the time and have accepted that we will never play TGC together.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    FSX/FS1 does not interfere with TGC. In fact, you can run both at the same time. Guys with HMT actually do run both to get club data while playing TGC. Most connection problems with the gc2/TGC are due to bluetooth issues. First off, you neEd a good bluetooth. What are you using for your bluetooth dongle? Second is distance. How far is it? It needs to be really close. Most guys get a usb extention cable and have the dongle pretty close. Personally, I have a Trednet Extended Range dongle and extension. The ASUS dongle is known to work well also. My dongle is 6 feet away. It's solid. I'd start there. A dongle is 20 bucks. I've eliminated issues with a few people with the right dongle.

I will look into that. I know I originally purchased a recommended Bluetooth and it is about 8 feet away. I still have my gc2s hard-wired. Should I switch them over to Bluetooth for FS1 and FSX? Not sure that Bluetooth works with two gc2s. I can tell you that if I am playing FSX and decide to play TGC I have never been able to get the Bluetooth to connect while the usb is still plugged in. I always have to disconnect both gc2s and restart computer. Is this normal? Thabks got your help.

8 feet is too far unless you have a really strong dongle. I suggest an extension cable. Have the dongle as close as possible. This may be why you're having problems. You can connect to FSX via usb and TGC via Bluetooth. Both can run simultaneously if you like. Try the extension. They are cheap. Start there.

2 GC2's will connect via one Bluetooth but 1 GC2 cannot connect to 2 Bluetooth devices (ie. iPad and PC). Connect to FS via usb

MtHunt you are the man! I bought a six foot usb extension and as you said it solved the problem. But it took me a second to figure out that it only picked up the GC2 I had on the lefty side. I just moved it and it worked fine. I still am having TGC yardage problems. My misses are usually draws and my yardages were off 10-30% which is frustrating. I shot 22 over for 9 holes at whistling straits (putting off) and then switched to FSX Teton pines (2.0) and shot 2 over for 9. Not sure what to do next.

What Firmware and GSX are you running? 3.7.0.0 causes huge distance issues. These things really matter. I find 3.10.0.0 is really accurate. Check your GSX. On a flat range, my gc2 will read 150 carry and TGC will say 150 carry. With 3.7, it was off.

Not sure and I will check tomorrow. I bought it approximately 2-3 months ago and don't think I've updated it.

GC2 firmware? Do you know how to check?

No

Click the button that has 2 arrows then about.

Thanks - in bed now - will do tomorrow night

I updated both GC2d to firmware 4.0 tonight. For some reason I can only get a Bluetooth connection on one of them. I turned one off and moved them around - only one gc2 hooked up at a time and couldn't figure it out. Not a big deal but wondering why. I still am getting shorted on my shots - 120 carry off tee per GC2 goes 80 on TGC. Not for every shot but probably 1/3 aren't right. Frustrated. I did buy hazeltine and oakmont on FSX today and am pretty happy with them. Rough seems thick at oakmont but maybe it's just the sound. And I'm going to google "dr leaky" later.

Quote Originally Posted by Docpjk View Post
    I updated both GC2d to firmware 4.0 tonight. For some reason I can only get a Bluetooth connection on one of them. I turned one off and moved them around - only one gc2 hooked up at a time and couldn't figure it out. Not a big deal but wondering why. I still am getting shorted on my shots - 120 carry off tee per GC2 goes 80 on TGC. Not for every shot but probably 1/3 aren't right. Frustrated. I did buy hazeltine and oakmont on FSX today and am pretty happy with them. Rough seems thick at oakmont but maybe it's just the sound. And I'm going to google "dr leaky" later.
    That's strange. I haven't seen results like that. Check what version of TGC and GSX you are using and let me know. Also, post a screen shot of the GC2 screen and post shot screen. Hit I after a shot to bring it up

Thread Information