Hi All,
In need of some help. Long story short, I'm to the point where I've got backup archery netting and HQ screen installed. Using angle iron along the ceiling of my garage, and also along the right vertical wall. I have no wall on the left, so went with aircraft cable and tensioner into an eyebolt anchored into the concrete. The backup archery netting is basically 10' wide x 10' tall with grommets along the sides and top. It is attached to the angle iron on the top and right side with zip ties and with bungees to the cable on the left side. The bottom is not attached and there is about 1' of material draped on the floor. The archery netting has 2" wide Velcro (hook) sewn into the webbing on both of the vertical sides, and horizontally across the top about 2' down. This was done to allow the HQ screen (10' x 7'6" = 4:3 image) to Velcro (loop) attach to the backup archery on the sides and across the top. I have archery side and ceiling protection panels but they are not installed yet.

I threw a few balls against the screen just to check it out. After contact, the archery and HQ material reverberate for a few seconds, basically slapping against each other until the movement of the two materials stop. It makes a slapping sound 3 or 4 times during this period when the two materials contact each other. I did a lot of research before ordering this set-up and most everyone indicated that their backup (baffle) netting is right up against the HQ screen. Not sure if others have encountered the same thing, but it seems odd. It is definitely different than the other sims I've been in.

I don't think the screen and netting is too loose or too tight. The ball pretty much drops to the ground when thrown against the screen. There is a definite wave to the screen and archery netting when I hit it with my hand, and it makes the same reverb type noise. It just appears to be the two materials smacking against one another until they come back to rest.

Has anyone experienced and/or heard of something like this? Not sure if the problem is the two materials being velcro'd to each other around the perimeter. I imagine this would not happen if the backup archery netting was just connected at the ceiling and allowed to drape loose, as it would then deflect backwards quite a bit on contact, rather than being tied to the HQ screen.

Any help would be much appreciated!! The only thing I can think of is to modify the setup to separate the two materials by 3" or 4". Really don't want to go that route because this custom setup will then require mods.

Thanks!

cspin